Trembling Flowers of Happiness

Love Junkie ☆ School Days

As Jessica Jung waited nervously outside class 2 - B of Teiten Academy, rain and lightning began to wreak havoc outside the school walls. Through the ornate glass window beside her, she could see a streak of bright light flash across the horizon. Suddenly, the door in front of her opened. The teacher of her new class signalled her to enter the classroom.

"Class, I'd like you to meet our new transfer student Jessica Jung. She transferred here from our sister school Kanashi Metropolitan. Please treat her kindly and make her feel welcome" the teacher introduced. As the class clapped and cheered for her, the teacher encouraged her to introduce herself more. her dry lips and gulping down saliva, she began. . .

Or was about to. "Oh my God, I've lost my voice!" She thought in horror. After stammering for a few seconds and coughing to dislodge the anxiety clogging , she was finally able to speak in a weak voice. "Hi I like desserts and curry rice. My favourite subject is music. Nice to me - meet you all" Jessica managed to struggle out, barely audible over the rain and thunder. As the class applauded yet again, Jessica walked towards her seat: a window seat at the back. As soon as she sat down, she collapsed. "That went as badly as expected. They probabaly think I'm some crazy girl now" she sighed, remembering how the first things she mentioned were sweets and curry. As the teacher droned on about trigonometry, Jessica heard whispering from the other students. "Woah she's so pretty!" "Do you think she's dating anyone?" a group of people on the other side of the room discussed. Suddenly deciding that her shoes were very interesting, she pointed her blushing face to the floor.

As the lesson on sin, cos, and tan ended and break began, Jessica turned to the back of her notebook and began writing out song lyrics. Her dream was to be able to confidently perform at Budokan*. She was teaching herself how to play the guitar using a guitar she had found in a trash can on a rainy day like this one.

Though Jessica didn't realise while she was concentrating on writing and rewriting lyrics, she was the talk of the class. Everyone admired her beauty and found it hard to approach her, not realising that Jessica herself was most nervous of all.

Soon enough, break ended and it was back to work, or in Jessica's case, looking at the teacher while still writing out song lyrics. She soon gave up and listened to the class read out parts of a text from their english textbook, desperately trying to find where they were up to in her own before the teacher reached her.

When second break arrived, Jessica thought she would spend the whole time alone writing lyrics again, but she was wrong. As soon as the bell rang to signal the beginning of the break, two students came up to her. A gorgeous girl and a boy who almost looked like a doll. "Hi! I'm Bom and this is Taemin. Do you mind if we have lunch with you?" she asked. Not throwing away an opportunity to make friends, Jessica agreed with a shy smile.

"What class do you have next?" Taemin asked. Looking at the timetable she had received that morning, she replied "Music!" Realising the happiness in her voice, Bom said "Do you wanna be a singer! That's so cool! I'll skip my class and come watch you" deciding Taemin's plans as well. "I wanna be an artist" Bom continued. Both Taemin and Jessica heard the light tone of seriousness her words had taken. "I have art next but thankfully, the teacher likes me" she said, smiling cheekily. "Tae, you have design tech next right? It's okay if you skip right? Right? Right?" "Well it's not like I have a choice now" Taemin smiled. Continuing, he spoke to Jessica "Is it okay to call you Sica? We're friends now so we don't need to be too formal with each other." Brightening up at the mention of the word friends, she gave permission to both Taemin and Bom. Suddenly, the bell signalling the end of the break rang. Quickly gulping down the rest of their lunch, the group lead Jessica to the music room. "We'll be listening" Bom smiled while Taemin agreed. "Thank you" Jessica replied quietly. 'It feels like I'm about to embarass myself' she thought.

Once the music teacher had introduced her to the class as a singer, everyone encouraged her to sing something. Trying to decide what song to sing, her ears suddenly tuned into the sound of a guitar being played softly. Her eyes following her ears, she found the culrpit of the lovely tune. It was a handsome guy who was sprawled out on two seats at the back of the classroom. Realising where her eyes were focused, the teacher, smiling, said "Seung-hyun, play something for our new classmate!" Hearing his name called out, the relaxed guy sat up properly and, smiling kindly at the girl, he started playing an acoustic version of Tamia's 'Officially Missing You' **. Suprised that he had picked out one of the first songs she had tried to practice on her guitar, she immediately adjusted to the comfortable rhythm of the tune before starting to sing.

As Jessica's voice filled up the whole room, she enchanted all the music students and even Bom and Taemin. "Wow. . .shes really good" Taemin said. Agreeing, Bom smiled, and realising that Jessica was looking in their direction, she flashed her a thumbs up just before Jessica finished the last line of the song.

". . .officially missing you." Jessica breathed heavily before opening her eyes, not realising she had serenaded the whole class. She was met with a large applause from the whole class, including the guitar player called Seung-hyun and the teacher. "Wow, your voice is great! I'm giving you a solo at the end of year competition. Get ready!" the teacher declared. Jessica was unable to contain her happiness, and broke out into a large grin before realising and covering her face shyly.

"HEY, what are you two doing there?" a teacher called out to the dazed Bom and Taemin. "Bom. . ." Taemin said nervously. Reacting quickly, Bom whispered "Run!" and the pair bolted up the stairs before finding safety in an empty drama room.

When the bell signalling the end of class rung, they bolted right back down and met with Jessica. "Sica, you were great!" Bom complimented, high fiveing her in the process. Agreeing, Taemin said "You worked really hard. You didn't even seem nervous" not knowing that her eyes had been closed the entire time because she had an urge to inspect the insides of her eyelids. Or more truthfully, just so she wouldn't see all the people who had been staring at her intently. "I think it's time for us to celebrate our new friendship" Bom said energetically. "Why don't we skip last period and just go eat something? It'll be my treat" she continued. "You just wanna skip PE" Taemin sniffed jokingly. Laughing, Jessica agreed with Bom's idea. "Cya Tae ~ You can run laps in this rain and thunder while we celebrate our friendship ~" Bom joked. "Oh you know I was joking" Taemin laughed. "I want udon with pork cutlet and an egg!" he said, choosing the most expensive extras. "Fine fine" Bom laughed, and together, the trio sneaked past the front gates of Teiten Academy to celebrate their new bond.

---

* Budokan is a lare arena in Tokyo where lots of musicians perform and also where martial arts championships and other events are held.
** www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbR4DYHyV0

---

I have finished the first chapter of my first fanfic! Was it okay? All comments and criticism welcome (^▽^) I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! If it doesn't match your taste, please keep reading while I try improving my writing skills ( > o < ) Thank you for reading!