Time Control

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

BaekHyun heaved into the empty white bucket as Jino his back.

The scientist people have been running tests on him for the past week but for Jino and BaekHyun, it felt like years. After each test, it was expected that they would feel some form of discomfort but after BaekHyun was thrown into the room with a bucket, Jino knew immediately that it was no normal experiment. The bucket wasn't the only tell-tale that the scientists did something different.

BaekHyun wasn't letting out a peep of light.

It was good news to an extent because Jino didn't have to worry about going blind but it was just... Odd. The boy had curled up into a ball as soon as he hit the floor, shivering as if someone had plopped him into a freezer. When Jino had carried him to the bed, he noticed a major change. BaekHyun's cheeks had sunken in. The rest of his body had also seemed to lose a tonne of flesh.

Sure, he looked a lot better since their captors provided some food--something that looked like oats and water--but after eating, he kept heaving into the bucket but nothing was coming out...

BaekHyun gagged, hugging the bucket tightly. Jino used the sleeve of his uniform to wipe the sweat forming BaekHyun's forehead. "What have they done to you..." Jino asked no one in particular.

"They called it the Extraction," BaekHyun breathed. "They strapped me to a machine and--" he began coughing.

Jino hushed him. "Nevermind. Don't talk about it and focus on getting better--"

The door burst open and Jino jumped, pulling BaekHyun closer to him. Two men in white coats were standing at the door. The lankier of the two reached for BaekHyun but Jino shapeshifted into a lion, positioning himself in front of BaekHyun, letting out a ferocious roar.

The lanky man sighed. "Chang." The podgy scientist by the door took out a remote and pressed a button. The bracelet around Jino's wrist sent strong shockwaves, making him collapse onto the ground, back in his human form. The lanky man took his chances and grabbed BaekHyun's collar and forcing him off the bed. "Struggle and you're dead," he threatened.

Just as he was about to leave, a hand wrapped around his ankle weakly. He looked down at Jino. "Don't," Jino begged. "You'll kill him."

The man kicked Jino in the stomach and to torment him, he bent down and said "What does it take to get a lightbulb to light up?" Then he stood up. "I'll let you use your imagination." He kicked Jino in the ribs and left the room.

Jino didn't know where they took him, but he could easily hear his agonized screams and begs echoing in the hallway shortly after they left. Jino pressed his face to the pillow and prayed that it would be over soon.

Meanwhile, in a separate room, one man sat, monitoring the facility's sparring room, otherwise known as the Ring, where Hybrid V3.01 was, slamming the walls and yowling impatiently.

The Ring was just a plain white circular room large enough to put a tennis court in, ceiling almost 3 levels high and an observation room separated with nothing but a bullet proof, two way mirror.

Like most of the projects conducted by the Evil, Hybrid V3.01 was not all that appealing to look at although he was not as much of an eyesore as versions V2 and V1. Hybrid V3.01 looked like an explosion of muscles and had a pretty normal face other than its eyes which were forced open by the stitches holding its eyelids in place and it's cheeks which were sagging as if they had been melted.

The door to the Ring opened and experiment B6.2 was shoved inside, shaking, his eyes half-closed, bloodied and bruised. The man in the observation room sat up. Hybrid V3.01 did as it was programmed to do: attack without hesitation.... unless of course he was ordered otherwise but in this case, he wasn't.

In a flash, it was beside B6.2 and landed a punch on his nose. Immediately, B6.2 collapsed on his knees, clutching his nose, not really giving much of a reaction.

The observer pinched the bridge of his nose. "Hybrid, step aside," he spoke into a mic. The Hybrid, recognizing it's master's voice from the speakers stepped back. He lifted his walkie talkie from his lap. "Jackson, remove subject B6.2 from the Ring and replace him with JungHo. Now."

Jackson stepped into the Ring, holding a frightened JungHo in one hand. He lifted B6.2 roughly and left JungHo in the Ring, closing the door behind him. The Hybrid took a step forward. "Hybrid, stay," the man ordered the turned his attention to JungHo. "JungHo, what were you tasked to do?"

"To put B6.2 in the Ring," JungHo answered shakily, eying the Hybrid across him.

"No. You were tasked to make him fully functional and then put him in the Ring."

JungHo gulped. "I am sorry, Sir."

"I will not tolerate such careless mistakes, JungHo." The man smirked. "I assume you'll know what will happen now won't you?" He let JungHo process his words before speaking to the Hybrid. "Hybrid, eliminate him."

"Wait--No! I won't do it again--AAAAH!"

The man stood up and walked away, one hand in his pocket, another holding the walkie talkie to his face. "Jackson," he slurred. "The Ring needs cleaning." He tapped the antenna on his cheek before keeping the walkie talkie in his pocket.

He exited the room to be accompanied by his secretary whose nametag read "Jirou".

"Well that was boring," he told Jirou, taking a swig of the drink he was given.

"Yes Sir."

"Have someone tend to B6.2 immediately. I do not want another let down the next time he is sent to the Ring."

"Yes Sir."

The man smiled at his secretary. "Good. Oh, and before I forget, tell someone to get me the time controller. Let's try Hybrid V3.01. And get me my mic. I want to control it."

Jirou listed his requests on a notepad. "Yes Sir. Will that be all?"

"Yes. Dismissed."

"Thank you, Sir."

* * * * *

"You don't talk much do ya?" Bang MinAh asked, poking SeHun with a stick she had picked up on the road. She then turned to Tao who was driving. "He doesn't talk much does he?" Tao didn't answer, instead he kept his hands glued to the steering wheel to stop himself from hitting the girl. "You don't talk much either.... Hey do you have chocolates?" She spotted some on the dashboard that SeHun had taken from a department store ealier.

SeHun opened the window an threw it out just before MinAh could reach it. "YAH!" she shrieked. "I wanted--Ooh! Binoculars!"

Bang MinAh was someone the duo had picked up at one of their rest stops. She did not have any special talents but she could possibly compete with ChanYeol for his "fairy on crack" title. Even though she was  the same age as Tao and SeHun's noona buy a year, she had the personality and energy of a toddler and that annoyed the boys endlessly.

"Waaaaah! SeHun ah! I can see people! A lot of them at that! Look look look! They're going to be so glad to be saved!" She pressed the binoculars to SeHun's eyes forcing him to look through. Indeed, there were people... Just not the kind they were looking for.

He picked up a switchblade knife from the dashboard. "Tao, stop time and keep going forward."

MinAh giggled, pointing to a bird that froze in mid-flight. "That looks really funny."

Tao and SeHun ignored her and drove until SeHun was within walking distance of the pack of Evil that formed one neat line, blocking the road. "Wow, that's convenient," SeHun muttered, stepping out of the car, knife in hand. One by one, he slit their throats, as he always did when they encountered the Evil, and when he reached the last one, he paused.

"SeHun, why'd you stop? I can't hold time for you forever you know?" Tao called out the window.

There was nothing different about this Evil minion. It had the exact same apparel as the rest of them, exact same stance but this one was breathing. "Is it normal for them to breathe when time is frozen?"

"SeHun, don't ask stupid questions. Just slit his throat and let's go."

"Okay then..." He pressed the dagger to its throat but before he could cut, he found his face pressed against the dirt. The hand dragged his face slowly across the sand. SeHun attempted to push his face off the ground but failed and screamed as he felt the ground scrape his face.

"SeHun!" Tao yelled, letting time go, allowing the other dead minions to fall like rocks, as he aimed a kick at the remaining minion's head. The kick didn't get too far as the man suddenly grabbed Tao's ankle and slammed him onto the ground then injected his neck with a clear liquid, making him pass out.

"Yah!" MinAh yelled stepping out of the car.  Then the minion did something that was completely unexpected. It let out a flash of concentrated white light, catching MinAh off guard and making her stumble backwards. SeHun took advantage of that lapse in his attention and stabbed his foot.

It didn't seem to affect him. Instead, he grabbed SeHun by the collar and held him just above his face. SeHun struggled and sent a blast of wind in desperation but as he expected, it did no good.

The minion cackled. "Reincarnation of Kyuhyun," he stated robotically. "I knew there was something about you I didn't like. Kyuhyunnie was always such a brat." He roared and pressed his palm against SeHun's eyes just after SeHun read "Hybrid V3.01" tattooed on his arm.

SeHun cried out as it felt like someone was pricking his eyes with a needle. When the man dropped him, he opened his eyes. Or at least he could feel his eyes open but he saw nothing but darkness in all directions. "I-I can't see," he stuttered in shock.

"Oh don't worry, windy, it's only temporary. How long though, I honestly have no idea." Hybrid replied snidely. He stomped on SeHun's chest, making the latter wheeze. There was a loud "boom!" and SeHun could feel that the hybrid was no longer there.

"SeHun?!" MinAh called.

"MinAh? Where are you?" He felt around blindly.

"Here," she answered, pulling SeHun up and escorting him to the RV.

"Where's Tao?"

"That... thing took him."

SeHun cursed. "MinAh, I need you to drive to the Border stadium."

"But I don't have--"

"There no traffic police for heaven's sake!" SeHun cut in impatiently just as Kris had told KyungSoo and Chen on the day they left the stadium. "Drive recklessly, destroy a building, go beyond the speed limit. I don't care as long as we get there alive and as soon as possible."

"Okaaaay...." MinAh muttered. "You asked for it."

* * * * *

It was late at night and XiuMin couldn't sleep. He had attempted to go back to the library to look for more information but he couldn't get far in his research; his brain just didn't allow it. He settled for making an ice sculpture.

He shaped the ice-man's legs first, then moved up to his arms and chest and then its head. He stepped back to admire his masterpiece only to laugh. "God, what am I doing?" He had unknowingly made sculpture of Chen sending him his trademark grin. He exhaled and let the ice melt.

He began walking back to the tent that he had pitched next to SuHo's when he heard a familiar voice from the medical tent. "Hello?" XiuMin whisper-yelled, entering the tent, making sure not to disturb the other patients.

"Is someone there?" the voice answered. "Can you please help me get up?"

"Lay?" XiuMin gasped, opening the curtain to see his friend tied down, shirtless. "Who tied you up?"

"I have no idea... Can I just get a shirt? It's cold."

XiuMin untied his friend, helped him up and passed him the jacket he had been wearing. "Here." Lay nodded thankfully, accepting the jacket. "You can sleep in my tent tonight. Use my sleeping bag. I'll take the floor." Lay nodded again, too tired to argue.

XiuMin led the boy to his tent and made a metal note as he watched Lay crawl into his sleeping bag.

Note to self: Ask SuHo why he tied Lay up tomorrow.


I don't really have much to say about this chapter other than it was just as rushed as the previous one so here's a gif of SuHo to distract you from my crappy writing><

*There used to be a SuHo gif here but the user on Photobucket deleted it so I'll have to replace it tmr.... T^T*

There are no new subscribers so I'll just move straight to comment replies:D

@Kironstree: DINGDINGDING!:D We have our first winner!:D /hands non-existant cookie

@ForeverCellist: It's fine^^ My birthday's on June 13 1996:D You?:D

@chippawabrike: You're the boss alright;D Hehe~

@HepHapBBC: It's Lay:D Since you put three guesses, you get one third of a cooki^^v /hands 1/3 of non-existant cookie/ but since I got so many cookies... /give one whole cookie^^

@bubblemilkteaahh: You'll see Kai and LuHan in the next chapter~~ Don't worryyy~

@Pollution: That was just a possibility^^ But what if Lay is evil?D:

@AlteaAuroraRia: It's..... LAY! I have updated and thank you for loving my story^^ Heeeheeeheeee

image

@nicute24: Le gasp O.O Why does this comment look so long? HAHA. I got 15 minutes to write a reply before dad takes my laptop so Imma make this quick. Btw, your reply is 3 paragraphs and 3 gifs long so watch out:D Kai only saw one "something, someone" The rest only appeared later. Pardon the "something, someone" because my brain was faulty and I was like "Yea... Sounds good"

image

As for the stupid minion... That is an excellent question in which the answer will be revealed.... eventually. Now we all know that the person LuHan saved was Lay but how does he know him? :O Dundunduuuuun. That's for me to know and for you to anticipate until I reveal this piece of information

image

Damn this gif is so accurate right nowXD And I meant it would stretch if it was being inflicted while he was in the process of teleporting. Damn I really need to improve my descriptions. I don't know why I even made TaeYeon a medical student but SungGyu because of his multitude of vitamins and whatnotXD LOL. Sorry. The rest of your comment can be answered in this chapter except for the library one which I will answer with this: That is an excellent question. Damn what was I thinking when I described that god damned library? Let me just put a derp gif of Kkamjonggie to distract you from my stupidity

tumblr_m2vdgrxamG1qczd82.gif

@aZn_sw3in: Naaaawwww:> I would never do that! Or at least not in this chapter><

@SadisticReborn: Actually, it's Lay>< And sorry for the misunderstanding. The tatoo was on the minion>< I'll go back to edit that description later>< I am sososososo sorry for that. Here, I will give you a cookie and 3 gifs of SeHun and his new shmexy hair and shmexy eyebrows and shmexy forhead and shmexy gaze and shmexy lips and shmexy bodeh and shmexy everything.~~~^^ Hey tell me who your bias is and I'll spam your reply with him next time because I honestly feel like I kicked a puppy>< Sorry I am just a really really really sensitive(?) person. Dang what is that word that I'm looking for?>< Basically I feel like I offended the universe by making one small mistake and for that I am sorry... Now, here are your gifs:D

tumblr_m2vh6ftHhh1rteybko2_250.giftumblr_m2vfzkDxHD1r2jtnfo2_250.giftumblr_m2vh6ftHhh1rteybko1_250.gif

 

@cheerioslee: You get one third of a cookie then:D HEHE^^ Naaawww~ I got a whole basket of non-existand cookies so here's a full one /hands whole cookie over/

That's all guys^^ Goodnight^^ I feel like I was supposed to edit something.... Hmmmm.... Nevermind^^ I'll figure it out eventually.