Test and Talk

Lovesick

 

 

Test and Talk

 

 

I only had Math and English that day so I was done with my classes at 12:30. I then started to walk over to the Music Building for my test at 1:00. I had my music in and was listening to my music, which always helps me to calm down. I found a bench and sat there until my name was called, "Park Suzy." "Ah, Deh."

 

I got into the room and I saw a very nice grand piano with a very nice chandelier over it, "Waa, it's so nice and classy in here." I said quietly as I put my bag at the foot of the piano. I then spot a familiar face sitting in one of the three chairs, *Jung Hae Won!? * I think to myself as I start to panic.

"Ah, annyeounghasaeyo. My name is Park Suzy and I will be playing the 'Raindrop Prelude'" I took a deep breath and sat on the chair. I then put my slightly trembling fingers on the cold piano keys and started to play.

 

A few minutes passed and I was done with a very silent room. Then I heard one single pair of hands start to clap, "Now, THAT'S how you play piano." Hae Won said with a smile and gave me double thumbs up.

They told me to wait outside so they can evaluate me and see if I am accepted or not. A few minutes later the lady called me back into the room and sat me down at the table,

"Okay. Suzy, I haven't formally introduced myself. My name is Kim Shin Jae, and I am the music director for the National Korea Music Association. I listened to your performance of the Raindrop Prelude, and it was spectacular. I have never heard it played as well as you played it. If I may ask, when did you start playing the piano?" She asked as she was getting out her book.

"Umm. I actually lived in the states since I was 5 years old and just recently moved back because of my mother. Anyways, I started the piano when I was around…4 years-old I think." I said as I was trying to remember.

"Hmmm… that is a pretty long time to be playing. Well Hae Won and I have made the decision to allow you into IMA and with free scholarship to this school if you stay in." She said as she took her glasses off.

"Ah, chincha?" I said very shocked.

"Haha, of course. I don't lie about those kinds of things." She said as she got up from her chair. "Then, I will hopefully see you around here more often, Park Suzy." She said as she walked out the door.

"Congratulations." A familiar voice says from behind me.

"Ah, thank you so much!" I squeal as I shake his hand.

"I believe we haven't formally met. My name is Jung Hae Won. I am a Junior here at this school." He said with a very friendly smile.

"Ah, It's very nice to meet you! My name is Park- oh, you probably know my name by now. Haha…" I said kind of awkwardly. "Well I'll hopefully see you around here soon!" I wave as I started to walk out of the room. But then I felt a warm hand grab onto my wrist and I spun around,

"Wait. Umm, since we don't know each other too well. How about we get some lunch? I mean, we are going to see a lot of each other now." He said slowly. *Ehhh!? Oh my gosh!!! *

"Ah, of course!" I said trying to keep myself from squealing.

 

After the test~

 

Narrator's POV:

Eun Jung went looking for you because she knew you finished your test by now, so she went down to Hyun Jin's tables and found him sitting there on his latop,

"Hey, where's Suzy?" She asked.

"Ah, I don't know. I figured she'd be with you." He said, preoccupied with his reading.

"Dang, and the one day I forget to bring my phone. Can you call her to ask her where she is?"

"Sigh. Fine." Hyun Jin took out his phone and called you but the phone just went straight to voicemail. *That's weird * He thought to himself.

"Hey Eun Jung. You know the Hae Won guy right?" He asked as he put his phone away.

"Ah, yea. He's my section leader, or was until he joined IMA." She said as she sat down across from him.

"What do you know about him?" He asked as he closed his computer and put his glasses away.

"Umm. Academics, personality, what do you want to know?" She asked.

"Everything." He said staring at her with intense eyes.

"Hmm… well he get's pretty decent grades, and is very good at music. He is nice and approachable, and lastly he is from the Jung Travel Agency… if that has to do with anything." She said.

"Hmm… He isn't half bad." Hyun Jin quietly whispered to himself as he looked towards the courtyard. Just to his luck he saw Suzy and Hae Won walking towards a table in the shade by the Music building. *What are they doing together… * He thought to himself.

"Hey Eun Jung. Why are Suzy and Hae Won so close?" He asked as he motioned towards them sitting on the table.

"Ah, that's because Hae Won is very high up in the Music department at our school and he possibly could've judged Suzy's entrance test." She said, thinking nothing of it.

"Ah… I see." He said as he stared at the two sitting and talking.

 

Suzy's POV:

 

We walked back from the cafeteria and went to sit at one of the table by the music building. It was nice and shady and very quiet. It was so nice to finally talk to him. I was a bit awkward though.

"So, what made you decide to move here from the states again?" He asked as he put his food on the table to sit down.

"Oh, well this past summer my mom got a job transfer to be here in Korea, and well my father passed away when I was younger so I had to move with her." I said as I sat across from him.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear." He said regretting his question. "Um, so do you want do a small self introduction? I can go first." He said. I nodded and looked up at him.

"Well, as you already know my name is Jung Hae Won and I am a Junior at this school." He said with a smile.

"Ah! You're in the same grade as my brother! Do you by chance know him? His name is Jung Hyun Jin." I said as he thought about it.

"Oh, he's the one with a perfect 4.5 GPA right? He's also the best dancer in our arts program." He said thinking about it.

"Ah, how did you know?" I asked very curious and kind of shocked that he actually knew my brother.

"Ah, It's kind of my thing to look into some of the outstanding students here." He said waving the topic out of the way. "Anyways. Let's see, well not to brag but my family owns Jung Travel Agency." He said with a thumbs up. I laughed and he joined me.

"Hmm. What else, well I'm single if that matters." He said winking at me. I smiled and nodded. "Well your turn now."

"Hmm, well you already know. My name is Park Suzy, well it's actually Sue Ji. But call me Suzy. Anyways, I'm a freshman here and well I'm kind of like my brother." I said putting some thought into it.

"Really? How so? Are you a god at dancing also?" He asked curious.

"Oh, no haha. I also get very good grades, and well… I'm good at piano." I said trying not to sound to full of myself.

"No way! You're very good!" He said with a big smile.

"Haha, thank you. Oh what instrument do you play since you're in the music department thingy." I asked.

"Oh, I play the clarinet. Kind of different but yea." He said.

"Oh right, you're my friend Eun Jung's section leader or something right?" I ask.

"Right!" He said.

We laughed and talked about school and music. It was one of the fun memories that I had with making a new friend.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you like this new chapter ><

I'm trying to move the story along slowly and trying to plan out the furture chapters

Also don't expect me to update next week because I have finals for school D:

I'm dying right now T^T

Please enjoy and comment on some of the things you might want to see in this story! :D