Himeko and Yuto's cheesy conflict and the wonders of Baseball

Uruwashi No Bad-Girl!

 

Shoujo JUMP project

Uruwashi no Bad Girl!

Kuroneko x HikoHino

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional

Chapter 1: Himeko and Yuto’s cheesy conflict and the wonders of baseball

 

Yuto and Himeko went to their lockers to change since it was almost their P.E session. They looked eager to run to the field.

Today’s sport is Baseball. The two P.E teachers, Ohno-sensei and Yamaa-sensei instructed Class 1B and 1E to move out of their classrooms and watch 1C play their baseball tryouts. The subject teachers looked irritated, but seeing that the P.E teachers were annoyingly persistent, they gave in.

 

“I’m super good... Yet super bad...” Yamaa-sensei threw thumbs up.

 

“Shaddup, Pink...” Ohno-sensei whacked him on the head.

 

Yuri asked Keito and Ryutaro to sit with him and Miki.

 

“...Ah! I can see Himeko-san and Nakajima-san from here!” Miki squinted happily.

 

“Oh my... It seems that the captain of the boys team and Yutorin is the captain of the girls team. This is going to be

hard.” Keito commented, crossing his arms. Ryutaro agreed pessimistically.

 

“I heard there will be a baseball match with Team Hokkaido this Sunday... “ Ryutaro snapped and announced to them.

 

“Eh? Really!! But this one goes first, right?” Yuri flashed a smile.

 

Miki looked at him and nodded, smiling too.

 

“ Yes. This is the tryouts, after all... “She told him.

 

“Then let’s cheer for the captain of the boy’s team! Go Himeko-sama!” Yuri continued as he stood up and frantically cheered.

 

*Meanwhile, in the field*

 

Himeko was having trouble with the boys who were all drooling and blushing in her presence. She doubled her threats but to no avail. Looking at the other side of the field, she could see Yuto running from a pack of vicious girls. Himeko couldn’t help but giggle when she heard Yuri, Keito and Ryutaro’s cheers from the bleachers.

 

“Do your best, Inubashari!” The three of them cheered happily. Miki remained silent since she hasn’t decided which side was she on.

 

Yuto angrily shot them a look.

“Oi, Chinen! You damn traitor! How could you only cheer for Himeko, when I’m also down here?!?” Yuto complained.

Yuri blinked and noticed Yuto’s cries.

 

“Ah! Nakayan! It cannot be helped! We’re cheering for the boys, after all!” Yuri flashed another smile, annoying Yuto one more time. Miki suddenly butted in.

 

“Nakajima-san! Since you’re with the girl’s team, I’m cheering for you!” Miki grinned. Yuto let out a relieved sigh.

“Kusakabe-san, you’re such a life saver!” Yuto’s eyes sprang with tears of joy comically.

 

Their conversation was stopped when Ohno-sensei blew his whistle loudly. So loud, it got Yamaa-sensei tumbling to the next side. He smacked him hard on the nose.

 

“Tsk. Anyway, today is the tryouts for baseball. And as you’ve heard, the tryouts are for the Sunday competition. Those who are able to pass the tryouts will directly get to Team Shibuya. We are short of two members. So do your best, kay?”  Ohno-sensei managed a smile while holding his bleeding nose.

 

“Oh, there’s two missing girls. One’s from 1C and the other’s from 1E. Their names are Fujiwara Maria and Nishiuchi Mariya.” Yamaa-sensei checked his list.

 

Tegoshi-sensei, the science teacher, walked and shouted at them.

 

“Yo! Fujiwara-san was excused by Inoo-sensei a while ago. Piano lessons, he says!” He shouted over the top bleachers for the two to hear.

 

Yamaa-sensei nodded and marked the list.

“Hmmph... I guess Nishiuchi is listed as cutting classes. Oh well.” Yamaa-sensei sighed.

 

“Yosh! Then the game begins! Batters, Males. Pitchers and bases, Females. Oh, and the team captains go first.”

 

Ohno-sensei blared over the microphone and whistled again, much to Yamaa-sensei’s dismay.

 

Yuto acted as the pitcher as Himeko walked coolly and wore the helmet and grabbed the bat. She smiled to herself, confidently. Yuto smirked.

 

“ Hey, Himeko! If you get hit, I’ll be sorry about that...” Yuto warned.

 

“Quit saying mumbo jumbo and show me what you’ve got.” Himeko scoffed at his remark. An anger vein popped on

Yuto’s head. Obviously, he was annoyed.

 

“Go, Yuto-sama!” The girls cheered. Himeko rolled her eyes on them, annoyed.

 

“Heehee, Himeko’s jealous...” Yuto muttered to himself. Himeko shot him a look that ordered him to throw the ball already.

 

Yuto’s eyes blazed as he fixed his stance and threw the ball. The ball went upward, slow motion. The two teachers stared at the ball in surprise as the high ball suddenly dashed to lower altitude, and kept dashing until Himeko missed it. The ball hit Himeko’s ankle with a loud “Thump”.

 

“Nnnhh----!!” Himeko gave out a faint cry, gasping in pain. Tears started to fall from her eyes as she helplessly grasped her foot. Yuto threw off his helmet and gloves as he ran towards Himeko.

 

“Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! What was that?!?” Ohno-sensei shrieked at Yamaa-sensei, dismayed. Yamaa-sensei didn’t answer. Instead, he reached for his cell phone and called Junnosuke-sensei.

 

“Hello? Taguchi! Something happened on the field. We need your help.” He hollered on the phone.

 

Junnosuke-sensei, apparently wasn’t in the office, but was in the middle school area. He immediately called the high school clinic. Fortunately, the new dentist, Nakamaru Yuichi, was there with Marius and Shori. He had them ready the first aid kit and tidy the place up.

 

The two teachers ran towards Himeko and Yuto. Ryutaro suddenly bolted from his seat and ran to the field.

“Nee-san!” He cried, looking worried.

 

“Oi, Inubashari, stay calm. Stay calm. Do not attempt to move your foot. Taguchi will be here any minute now.”

 

Ohno-sensei tried to calm her down. She stopped crying, but was heavily breathing. Yuto and Ryutaro were calming her down. Yuto guided her into breathing properly while Ryutaro was holding her hand as she grasped it tightly, trying hard to breathe properly.

 

“Himeko-san!” Miki shouted as Yuri and Keito ran towards them. Yamaa-sensei stopped them.

“We aren’t accepting visitors right now... Inubashari needs to relax.” He told them.

 

“W-wait! Morimoto-san, you squeeze your thumbs on her palm. That’ll help her relax. You have to massage it.” Miki advised Ryutaro. Ryutaro smiled and gratefully nodded.

 

 

Junnosuke-sensei and Nakamaru-sensei reached the field with both Marius and Shori pushing the stretcher.

 

“We’re here! Move over!” Junnosuke-sensei ordered. Miki, Yuri and Keito moved away from Himeko as the stretcher came into a halt. Junnosuke-sensei ordered Yuto to carry Himeko to the stretcher, and wrapped a cloth-like gauze on her sprained ankle.

 

The trio stared in bewilderment as Junnosuke-sensei, Nakamaru-sensei, Marius, Shori, Yuto, Himeko and Ryutaro scurried off without another word.

~~~

Yuto looked worried as he waited outside the clinic. At last, after what seemed to be two full hours, Junnosuke-sensei and Nakamaru-sensei went outside to report on Himeko’s health.

 

“Inubashari-san seems to have a sprain on her foot. It’s going to last about two weeks.” He told Yuto quietly.

 

“What?! Two weeks?!? But we have a game this Sunday! Himeko’s a part of Team Shibuya!” Yuto exclaimed.

Nakamaru-sensei placed his hand on his shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry. But your friend here won’t be able to play baseball...”

 

Yuto was distraught as he heard those words. He promised Himeko that the two of them would beat the crap out of Team Hokkaido, after all. By being her best friend, it wasn’t nice to break such promise easily. Yuto didn’t think twice and shoved the clinic door open.

 

He saw Himeko lying on the bed, her back facing him.

 

“H-Himeko...” Yuto muttered as he walked towards her.

 

“Get out.” Himeko shot at him with a cold voice.

 

“Listen, I’m really sorry for throwing that ball to you really hard. I mean it.” Yuto clarified apologetically.

 

“GET OUT! I WANT SOME TIME ALONE!” Himeko repeated, shouting. Faint sobs were heard and were coming from her. Yuto backed away and left the room quietly.

 

“You have no idea how this is all important to me...” Himeko muttered as Yuto left the room.

~~~

“...Himeko-san?” Miki whispered, opening the door quietly. Yuto, Keito and Ryutaro followed her from behind. Miki

approached the sleeping girl and patted her hair. Himeko blinked.

 

 

“Please... Just go home... It’s really late...” Himeko muttered. Miki didn’t flinch.

 

“B-but, Nakajima-san is---“ Miki stammered, unable to finish her sentence when Himeko suddenly got up with an annoyed look on her face.

 

“I SAID GO HOME! ALL OF YOU! I NEED SOME TIME ALONE!” Himeko exclaimed loudly at Miki, causing the girl to step away from her. The four complied and left the room quietly.

 

Yuto noticed this and barged inside the clinic.

 

”Himeko, please! I’m sorry for hitting you with that damn ball! I know it’s my fault that you won’t be able to participate for the Hokkaido competition like I promised. Please... Don’t be mad anymore...” Yuto bowed his head and lowered his pride. He kept apologizing to Himeko. The girl suddenly sat up on the bed and slowly wore her glasses.

 

“Yuto... You really are annoying... You had no idea how that game was important to me... You promised me... That we’d beat the crap out of them... But you yourself broke your promise...” She muttered. Yuto’s heart was beating faster since he felt afraid Himeko wouldn’t forgive him.

 

“But, ten years of friendship broken by a simple broken promise would sound stupid, wouldn’t it?” Himeko turned around and smirked at Yuto. Yuto smiled back with confidence again.

 

“I’ll give you another chance, Yuto! But to repay tat thing you did earlier...” Himeko pointed at him accusingly. Yuto gulped.

 

“You’ll have to carry me. Because I can’t walk.”

~to be continued