00

Forgive and Forgo

 

“Please don’t do this to me. Don’t leave me like this. Don’t – Don’t – ” he choked back a sob, and it felt like he couldn’t breathe anymore. The whole world was spinning around him. “I can’t do this, not without you. If you go, I – I don’t know if I’ll make it.” His whole body shook uncontrollably.

 

: :

Every story has a beginning.

  Hyukjae didn’t know where his story started, though. Perhaps it was after his aunt and uncle got into an accident and he was forced to drop out to take care of his younger brother. Perhaps it was even earlier, when he was a teenager in high school, and the only comfort was a dance room where awe-struck eyes watched and cheered. It was when life was split in two: the good and the bad.

  Outside, Hyukjae could be anyone he wanted. He could be outgoing, friendly, and funny. He could speak his mind without being judged or scorned.  He could be Eunhyuk, a dancing machine with precise movements that left his audience breathless.

  Inside, Hyukjae was what they wanted him to be. He was quiet and obedient, only speaking when spoken to. He was plain old Hyukjae, nothing special about him to talk about. He was everything except what he wanted to be.

  Or perhaps it was when he was at the mere age of seven and his parents decided they wanted to move to the urban area and start farming, leaving Hyukjae and his younger brother with his uncle and aunt.

  But Hyukjae didn’t like to remember that or anything else, so he liked to consider his beginning to be the day he met Donghae.

 


A/N: Prologue, thus it is short. The rest of the chapters will be longer, rest assured. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed.