CHAPTER 20: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINAH!

Me? A Girl?

 

================================================================================================

 

 

“Just where are we going?” I asked for like the tenth time. Hyerin and our classmates blindfolded me and now, they are taking me somewhere.

“We’ll be there soon.” She assured me while helping me to walk straightly since I’m blindfolded.

*And you promised me you won’t bring me bad luck.* I thought.

“Don’t worry. We won’t bring you bad luck.” She whispered.

*She’s really a psychic. She knows what’s going on inside my head.*

I just remained silent.

After a few minutes,

“We’re here!” They cheered as we went inside a room.

“I’ll take off your blindfold now.” Hyerin said as she untied the blindfold.

When I opened my eyes, there was a small banner hanging across the wall saying: ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINAH!’

And then I remembered that today was my birthday. November 3. It’s funny that I managed to forget about it since I’m always looking forward to it every year. Maybe because i'm so stressed.

I looked around. The whole room looked like a karaoke room and it was covered and decorated with pink. Even the balloons. And pink in not my favorite color. It was my least favorite color.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINAH!” they all cheered as they made loud annoying noises and they showered me with confetti.

“Hyerin told us that today is your birthday.” Yookyung said.

“She even organized this party for you!” Hayoung butted in.

“Let’s start the party now!” Hyosung said excitedly as she raised a paperbag which contains snacks and some drinks.

“Did you like it?” Hyerin whispered to me with a big smile.

“Everything was pink.” I whispered back.

She pouted. “Sorry.” She whispered sadly as she looked down.

“No! I..uh..I like pink. I really really do!” I said. I don’t want to see her being sad. I prefer her to be smiling.

Her face brightened up. “Is that so?”

I just nodded.

…………………

They played girly games. They sang. They talked about boys, make-up bags, shopping and such. Hyosung gave me a hair clip. Yookyung gave me a bangle. Hayoung gave me a bag. And Hyerin gave me a very beautiful necklace. So…when will I be able to use the other 3 gifts? Maybe never. I thought.

Few minutes later, I was getting bored since they were all girls and they are the only one enjoying. How would I be able to enjoy it if they are talking about their nails and hair? And now I’m here sitting while watching them sing happily. I feel isolated.

“You …don’t look happy.” Hyerin whispered to me while making weird facial expressions.

I examined her. She’s acting in a weird way and she’s all giddy.

“Are you drunk?” I asked.

“Drunk?!” Hayoung exclaimed.

“We’re so dead.” Hyosung mumbled.

“Hyerin is drunk?” Yookyung said as she looked at the drink they we’re drinking awhile ago.

“Aigoo…Hyosung-unnie! It has some liquior content!” Yookyung scolded her

“It has? I didn’t notice. Besides, aren’t we always drinking that?” Hyosung asked.

“Hyerin has low alcohol tolerance did you forget about that?” Hayoung asked as she stood up.

“Minah, if ever anything happens, just get out of your room. Immediately okay?” Yookyung said as she patted my back.

“Or just sleep outside your room. That’s safer.” Hayoung added.

*I’m feeling a bit scared now. Just what are they talking about?*

“Well, let’s stop the party for today. We’ll see you tomorrow Minah!” All of them said as they we’re about to leave.

“Wait. What’s happening on here?” I asked as I pulled Hyosung back.

“Well…uh..you see..our Hyerin is drunk. And she turns into a monster whenever she’s drunk. So…we’re withdrawing for now. We’re counting on you. Happy Birthday!” She exclaimed as she ran away.

“Monster?” I mumbled as I glanced at Hyerin. She’s fallen asleep.

*A cute girl like her? A monster?*

With that, I carried her to our room.

=============================================================================================

 

MONSTER HYERIN~ @__@ HAHAHAHAHA! XDDD