Ch. 4

The K.I.S.S House

 

  Minji, Kevin’s beautiful girlfriend, arrived in her fancy red sport car to the limit, the most famous nightclub in the whole Seoul, she was wearing a stunning black short dress with sequins and spiked heels.

 From the entrance line two curious girls were looking at her, two girls who had been with her boyfriend all day.

 

 “Is that Minji?” One of them asked

 “Minji? Kevin’s girlfriend?”

 “Yes, look she’s right there!” 

 “What is she doing here? She wasn't supposed to be in a working dinner with her father?…” They saw her hugging a guy like if they were very, VERY, close.

 “I guess she lied…”

 “Give me your cell now! We need take pictures and send them to Kevin” The noonas started saving the evidence, while Minji was carelessly taking photos with two guys at once.

 “Want to go in?” They heard one of the guys say, Minji nodded, the guy took her hand and both entered without paying

 

 

Kevin POV:

 

 I was on my room doing push-ups as usual, when I received a text message. It said “Sorry Kevin, but you must see this”

 I felt like my heart broke in two when I saw a video of my girlfriend being kissed by two guys at the same time, but that wasn’t what hurt me most, what hurt me most were her lies about the dinner, who knows how many other lies she had told me… I felt so stupid... I felt betrayed...

 I threw the cell against the huge heart shaped collage with our pictures in the wall. The door opened suddenly

 

 “Kevin, are you coming with us?” Umma asked entering the room

 “Uh… Going? Where?” I asked hiding my anger

 “What do you mean with Where?... Ah, always thinking in your girlfriend, to the Senator Kim’s presentation, I told you this morning”

 “Oh… No thanks, I’m staying here, exercising”

 “Ok sweetie, whatever you want” She said putting on the earrings “want tell Hyunmi to bring your dinner?”

 “No, don’t worry I’m going down later” I said “Take care~”

 “See you tomorrow~” She said before leaving

 

 I took the cell and replayed the video, looking for some indication, an error or something revealing that it wasn't a real video, that it was some kind of photomontage...

 

 

 Dongho POV:

 

 I was hitting the ear to the door of the dressing room, listening to the conversation of my mother and the psychologist

 

  “I don’t understand” I heard my mother saying “My son has to keep singing, there are too many people depending on Dongho”

 “And he? Who depends on?” The psychologist replied         

 “Look... I call you to help him lower he’s guard and fulfill his obligations” She said coldly, another proof of how little she cared about me “I know my son very well, and I know he’s a whimsical kid, and if he is doing this is because he wants to draw attention”

 “Listen, he’s not doing a whim… He’s suffering stress and needs to stop now with all this, or it’s gonna get worst” 

 

I laid on the couch again, I didn’t wanted to continue listening that conversation but unfortunately they spoke a loud enough for me to hear....

 

 “Stop?” My mother said “We can’t stop in a moment like this, we have a tour around the country, we will release an album, Dongho has to continue!

 

 I sat by the window watching the bunch of fans, its looked like they were becoming more and more… There was so many people, how could I feel that lonely?

 

 

 Eli POV:

 

 Just as the girls had said, the senator didn’t took too long in going to pick me at jail. I walked to the familiar black car and one of the bodyguards opened de back door for me, I sat down and there next to me was my father… With that look again

 

 “How long will I have to continue solving your problems Eli?” He started with the lecture

 “I’m going back to jail…” I tried to get off the car, but the door had insurance for children

 “When you’re going to grow up?” He asked “You know the responsibilities I have? You know what’s my position?  You know who I am!?” I didn’t answered “It seem like you forget it sometimes, look, I can’t be saving you every time you do some stupid thing, you understand?” I wanted throw myself out the car, it wasn’t a scolding, it was a senator discourse “I have a lot things to do, I just can’t be wasting my time with you…”

 

 

 Dongho POV:

 

 “Shin Dongho open the door!” My mother kept knocking the door, I wiped the tears “Don’t make me get the keys, Come out right now and finish recording that damn commercial!”  

 

 I got up furiously and sharply opened the door

 

 “What the hell you want mom!” I yelled at her “I’m sick! I’m sick of this! I’m sick of you! I’m sick of EVERYTHING!”

 “Stop being so childish, we are all tired of your nonsense” I couldn’t hold back any more

 “I AM WHO IS TIRED OF ALL OF YOU!, I’m tired of listening you!, I’m starving, I have years, YEARS, eating the ing salad with the ing tuna, I want a damn double cheese burger right now!”

 “Honey…you have to understand that this is the life of an artist”

 “No mom… I have no life, I have a career” I said “Is not you who says that all time?” She sighed and sat next to me

 “Let’s finish recording that commercial and go home, ok?”

 “No!” I got up, she attempt to grab my shoulder “Don’t touch me!”

 “Honey, you are very nervous… If you want we can go buy a brownie with vanilla ice cream” She tried to push me out of the dressing room, I turned around my mother took me by the forearm

 “Let go!” I shouted as I tried to free myself

 “Dongho, calm down!” My mother said as she struggled with me “Calm down!” I kept struggling, I was not going out for any way… Accidentally, I pushed her too hard… She fell and hit her head with a table. She was lying on the floor… Without making a move

 

 “Umma… Are you ok?” I said, she didn’t answer “Umma… Get up… Let’s finish the commercial” I approached her “Umma…” I moved her shoulder but she didn’t reacted, I stepped back “I… killed her” I murmured covering my mouth with both hands “I killed umma…”

 

 I ran out of the dressing room and bumped into Dongjin when I was leaving the building

 

 “Dongho?, Dongho what happens?” He asked trying to hold me “Are you ok?”

 “I killed her… I killed her hyung” I repeated trying escape from him “It was an accident!” Finally I released me from his hands

 “Wait, Wait Dongho! Who you killed?!” Dongjin rushed into the building to see what had happened...

 

 

  Eli POV:

 

 The senator and I were already at home, both looking for some food in the kitchen.

 

 “So… you were embarrassed that your son was in jail and that’s why you went for me?” I asked sarcastically

 “I would gladly have left you spend all night in there”

 “Oh really? And why you didn’t?” I insisted

 “Because of my paternity Eli…” The senator replied

 “Oh sure… Since sometimes you forget it” I said as I prepared a sandwich

 “Don’t say that because you know it’s not true!” I rolled my eyes “I want you to be with me Eli, to be by my side… I’m gonna start my governor campaign tonight and I need you there”

 “Uh, what a coincidence… You know? I also needed you too many times by my side when I was a kid” I continued with my sarcasm “but guess what? You were not there! You disappeared! As if by magic!” He rolled his eyes, a common gesture among us “Where is appa?, I don’t know… Where he went? He disappeared!” I kept preparing my sandwich, the senator sighed

 “Sometimes I forget who I’m talking with...” He said “If I make a serial murderer be jailed you’re able to go and ask to release him, right?” I smirked “I need you to settle down! I’m gonna be the governor very soon and I want to introduce you as my son, but I can’t if you keep comporting like this… In that case I will have to introduce Suni as the first lady” 

 “Well I remind you, senator, that the first lady is already dead!”

 “I DON’T ALLOW YOU! To talk about your mother like that!” He pointed, glaring at me… That used to intimidate me when I was a child

 “Why not?” I shrugged defiantly

 “Because I said so!” He answered

 “Because I said so!” I ironically imitate him “The senator has spoken! And that’s how you’re going to convince the people of voting for you?... That doesn’t looks good senator…” I took my sandwich and shut myself in my room.

 

 

 Kevin POV:

                    

 I dropped all Minji portraits to the ground, and I had a lot of those… There was shattered glass all over my room, luckily I was alone in house and no one would listen.

 

 I repeated the video for the thousandth time while crying like a stupid five years old girl, after all… The noonas were right, Minji didn’t wanted a cute guy to love her as me, she just wanted a handsome guy to take her to dance when it was supposed to be dining with the senator.

 

All the conversations with the noonas repeated over and over, inside my head… Just like a movie.

 

 I went to the bathroom to wash my face, and when I was doing it I found a bag under the sink, I opened it, there were some clothes inside.

 Now that I remember, the noonas had bought those clothes for me, they said that my dressing style was too outdated but I didn’t paid attention to them and left the bag under the sink… Now I was curious about it, I get a dark blue-jean out of the bag, one of those tight pants at the top and baggy at the bottom, a black V neck t-shirt, black converse shoes, a chain belt, ray ban sunglasses and spiked bracelets… It was way different from the clothes I usually wore, it looked like emo clothes or something, I usually criticize people who dressed that way… But however, I felt an impulse to try it on.