This Constellation Is 'Us' . . .

Orion. Replay. Us

Oh, by the way, I think you must listen to this song while read the fanfic ^^


It's a mild summer night in Paris while the day was very hot, summer night in Paris was very cool, so cool that can make people take a breath a while before solved their problems. At that good time, SHINee was widened their wings to the world, but now they stop in France.

And that's where Lee Taemin and Choi Minho are now, in the corner of Paris with postlamps them to a small unfamous cafe. Just a simple reason: cold, hungry, and the famous one is always full for two people like them.

"What do you want to eat ?" asked Minho to Taemin, who keeps flipping the menu back to front. He smiled bitterly, "Cheesecake and Lattethat's what I know from this menu."

After Minho ordered the foodand tried his best in body language, the tall man rests his back to the chair and straighten his legs. He jolts a bit when his shoe touched Taemin's shoe accidentally. Somehow, it's delightful for Minho when he sat face-to-face with Taemin, looked at how the magnae  impressed by the nightview in the corner of Paris,the place that very strange for them yet beautiful.

Taemin inhaled, and suddenly he feels something, "Hyung, did you smell it ?"

"What smell, you farting ?"

"No, not that !" Taemin pouted. "It's the smell of new pastries, fresh from the oven ! Don't you think that ?"

Minho give it a try, he inhaled as the smell of fresh from the oven cream puffs and croissants permeate his nose. "You right, it's a good smell, moreover with this coffee smell."

“And also the smell of fruit jams. It’s more great !”

Their acts by talking with their native language while smelling everything somehow made people around them feel awkward and anxious. Even some of them thought that Minho and Taemin are two aliens that talking about earth invasion.

“This is wonderful.” said Taemin. “Coffee, pastries, fruit jams, and Paris, I will never forget this.”

Soon, a waiter comes to give cheesecake, latte, black coffee, and macaroons. “Eh, that’s your orders ?” Minho nodded. “Black coffee is bitter and macaroons are sweet. Can you really stand with their taste ?”

“Of couse I can, because . . .” Minho took a sip. “Sometimes sense of the contrast are good, and you can remember the taste more longer.”

“Is it really ?” Taemin still not sure with Minho’s hypothesis. “But maybe that’s the best taste, for you.”

“You should try next time.”

“Okay.” said Taemin. “Black coffee, macaroons. and you.”

Minho shivered by heard Taemin’s word. “Cheesecake, latte, and you. What else can measure them ?”

Taemin surely shivered like Minho feels,  he sure Minho give him a puzzle word, but he doesn’t understand. Or maybe Taemin wants to understand the meaning of the elder’s word.

“But you know what.” Taemin tried to change the topic. “It feels like we’re in other place.” said him while lean back to his chair. “A place where not in the earth, but it’s real.”

“Where gumiho and dokkaebi really exist ?” said Minho. “Where all your dreams in your childhood comes true ?”

“Yeah. But hey, hyung so excited about this topic.” Taemin laughs. “What makes you said that ? You have a dream last night ?”

Minho took a sip of his black coffee again, his eyebrows got weaken, “My dream . . . is very sad. So sad that I don’t want to remember it anymore.”

“So you talk about that to forget the dream ?”

“Yeah.”

They went silent a while, and they heard a faint sound of piano playing by a woman, which makes the atmosphere to be more alive. Minho’s round eyes saw the night sky through the window beside them for a while before he looks at Taemin, who watched the woman’s play while eating his food.

“Seems like I know the song, but what ?” asks Taemin innocently to himself, but Minho can hear him. Even though Taemin didn’t know, Minho knows the song, very well.

His eyes back to the night sky with various constellations among the sky. Minho saw one of them, so he looks at Taemin, as if bring the constellations he saw to the younger man. His heart suddenly felt empty, his mind was full of sad dream he had last night.

Slow but sure, he doing motion, he pulled Taemin’s hand so the maknae’s eyes only see him. Slow but sure, he whispered a word as hint of the sad dream he had. Like an enigma which locked Minho’s feelings to Taemin.

“Orion. Replay, Us.”

***

After came back to hotel where they take a rest, the first thing they got is Onew’s scold. The young men just bow in sorry. “Next time at least you give me a message, both of you !” they nodded.

When the time they spilt to their own rooms, Taemin comes with Onew to their room, and it’s time for Minho to take a stepback. “What is it ?” asked Onew.

“Eh, just . . . I’m wondering why he suddenly looked sad.” said Taemin.

“Yah, let him solved his own problems.”

“He said he had a sad dream.”

“So let him face his. Did you know what the cause is ? No one knows but himself.”

Taemin pouted his mouth, remembered the three words Minho said to him last time in that small café. Orion. Replay. Us

“Taemin-ah, look ! There is Orion constellation !”

Taemin’s heart choked, he followed Onew seeing the sky through the window. On the dark blue canvas, spots of lights spread everywhere, forming many imaginary lines, and so they called it ‘constellations’. Among the constellations, Onew had found those imaginary forms, which Minho had found it at first. Orion, which imagines a hunter.

Taemin’s mind also replayed the song that played by the woman when they were in the café. Maybe he doesn’t know because the woman play the song in piano. But because of Minho, he realized it. The song was Replay, arranged in piano ballad.

Suddenly, Taemin’s eyes getting warm and watered, everything now clear. Why Minho was so kind to him when he was a trainee. Why Minho always pulled him into a hug everytime after Onew scolds him. And why Minho looks so sad everytime Taemin and Onew getting close.

And why he said he had a sad dream.

He feels like . . . he wants to warp those three words and fly them to the sky, where the constellations reside forever. He prayed, he left a message to Orion, he was so sorry to Minho because after all this time he still doesn’t get the elder’s feelings to him.

Now what can he does ? He can’t do anything, he can’t say anything, he pretends to enjoy watching the constellations with his lover, Onew. And hopes The Sky fading Minho’s sad dream, and gives him a sweet dream.

***



 

Meh, my English getting worse day by day :|
But please a comment, I won't mind if you straight to the point :)