Love is

Love is

I have three friends. Victoria, Luna and Minho. Minho was chased by all the girls in high school. Victoria was a popular one, a cheerleader, y and stylish. Luna was just an average girl.

Victoria and Luna were both totally crazy over Minho. Victoria didn’t need to attract Minho for she was attractive enough. Luna, on the other hand, showered Minho with love and care. Luna was just so simple; she won’t wear tubes and spaghetti-straps.

Like everyone expected Minho chose Victoria.

Minho always insulted Luna. He was always been telling her how dumb she looked. It made Luna useless, but she never gave up. She wanted to prove that looks aren't everything. She studied hard, really hard. She became the top girl in her school and all the guys who once ignored her went after her.

 

Regardless of her success, she never forgot Minho. Every day, she put a red rose in Minho's locker with the same words.

'I care for you, and I always will' because she knew that Minho was facing a hard time.

 

Soon, Minho regretted choosing the wrong girl because he saw Victoria flirting with guys.

Victoria broke up with Minho some time later for she had found a wealthier guy. Minho felt cheated, stupid and dumb. He went to look for Luna. He knelt on his knees, and said.

"Luna, please forgive me. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Luna rejected him, much to everyone's surprise. She only uttered these words.

"You've suffered a great loss, so I don't want you to face another one"

 

Minho felt disappointed. He didn't understand a word that she said to him. However, they became good friends and did everything together. Minho began to change into someone better because Luna showered him with the love he had never experienced before.

Luna continued putting a red rose into his locker everyday with the same words. She never forgot.

 

One day, Luna didn’t turn up to school for already a week. Minho at first thought she was in a vacation with her family at Hawaii because she told him before that they will have a vacation with her family.

He thought nothing about it until he received a call from the General Hospital that Luna was about to die because she was suffering from cancer but Luna forbade them from telling him because she didn't want Minho to worry about her.

Now that she was about to die, she wanted to see Minho for the last time. Minho rushed to the hospital immediately. When he saw how weak Luna was, tears streamed down his cheeks.

He whispered, "Why didn't you tell me earlier? Why did you hide this from me?"

She looked at him and smiled weakly.

"When I said that I didn't want you to suffer from facing another loss, I meant this. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to worry. I wanted to spend my last days with you cheerfully." Minho looked at her.

"You can't leave me!" he said.

"What will I be without you?"

"You'll be who you are now. I will always be there by your side. Never forget that. Cherish those times. Live life happily. And one more thing."

"Yes?"

"I love you"

 

And she died. Minho screamed. He still couldn't accept Luna's death. He had only spent a month with Luna. One short month was enough for Luna to change his life in a way that no one could ever explain. Eric had many regrets but he knew that Luna would always be keeping an eye on him from Heaven.

 

Sometimes, we just don't appreciate those people who really care for us until they leave us or until we lose them. Then, it would be too late for regrets. Outer beauty doesn't matter; it's the inner one that counts. It's better to tell someone how much you love them now rather than to not tell them and lose them without telling them.

 

Love is when we fight till the very last minute just to show and tell someone how much we love them to live life without regrets.