Trophy Oppa

Trophy Oppa

 

"Yah, Jinki! You want to go to the park with me?"
 
It was a warm Sunday afternoon. Your boyfriend the leader of a famous Korean boy band SHINee, had finally gotten a Couple days off, and you wanted to spend the whole weekend with him.
You walked into the bedroom where he was sitting on your king size bed, squinting hard at the laptop computer screen.
 
"Yah, Jinki? Do you here me? Let's go out! Yesterday was so much fun!"
 
Onew let out a sigh and continued to scroll look at the screen, ignoring your whining. You stared at him for a while, his face was scrunched up, a deep line crossing his brow, his forehead winkled in disgust.
 
"Hey, are you okay? What are you doing?"
 
He looked up to you from the computer screen then shook his head.
 
"Nothing, I'm fine"
 
"Then why are you looking at that screen so intensely? Did the media say something about you? You know you should just ignore them. "
 
You climbed on top of the bed and scooted over on the bed close to Onew, trying to get a glance at the screen. Before you could see anything, he closed the laptop quickly and set it beside him.
 
"Yah! I'm trying to help you. Why are you being so grumpy?"
 
You wiggling your torso, bawled up fist up, and shut your eyes really tight. Aegyo always cheered him up, even though you hated doing it, you were really trying to get him to laugh. His face stayed the same, stone cold and emotionless, the deep winkle in his forehead remaining. You were really concerned now, this wasn't like him.
 
"Hey, is there something really wrong? You know those news reporters are stupid, you just need to ignore them and everythin-"
 
"Why do you want to go out again?" Onew cut you off mid-sentence.
 
"What?" you were puzzled by the random question. Where was he going with this?
 
" Umm, because I want to spend time with my boyfriend.. duh!"  There was utter silence for a second, then he asked;
 
 
" Why did you like yesterday so much?" he turned and stared at you. 
 
Yesterday had been perfect. You guys got up early and went to a little pancake shop in town. You both ordered pancakes and spend the whole time feeding each other, giggling and getting syrup everywhere. The waiter had to come over 3 times to shush you guys, the people around you giving you dirty glares. You just ignored them, covering your mouths with your hands to keep from laughing to loudly. You guys just continued to laugh and be noisy. After that you went to the amusement park and walked around for a bit. You rid riding rollercoaster, took pictures riding the carousel and shared a big thing of pink Cotton Candy . After that you came back home and Onew cooked you dinner. The whole day was amazing, filled with laughter, smiles and Onew conditions.
 
" It was the perfect date, i got to spend it with you! I've missed you so much, and i just want to spend the days you have off together." 
 
" But we got chased by the paparazzi, didn't that bother you? 
 
Its true, during your time at the amusement park,You were chased a little by the paparazzi, but you didn't mind, and even did a couple of poses for them. You knew you would have to get used to it, you had a famous boyfriend, so why fight it?
 
" No, not really. It was kinda fun actually, it made me feel like a princess." You started to giggle, but Onews expression stayed stone cold, so you stopped.
 
" I know what will get you out of his funk, we should go got the park. It's a great day outside, and we could pack a lunch and have a picnic!"
 
" I don't feel like going."
 
"Huh? Why not?"
 
"I just don't, okay?" Onew got up and walked out the room, slamming the door on his way out.
 
He was really starting to piss you off. He could be mad, but that was no reason to yell at YOU. You ran out after him, swinging the door back open and storming into the living room.
 
"Yah! Jinki! What's your problem?" He was sitting down on the couch watching some television show.
 
Listen to me!" You grabbed the remote off the table and turned off the television. Onew looked up and glared at you. You clenched the remote hard in your fist, getting madder and madder, Onews eyes piercing into your face. 
 
"What the Hell? I'm just trying to help you! Are you going to stay upset over some stupid article?" 
 
" Well maybe the article is right. Maybe it was just the eye opener I needed." Onew turned away from you. 
 
"Yah, I'm so stupid,"  he said under his breath.
 
 "What are you  even talking about? What was the article about?"  Onew turned back at you.
 
"Why do you always want to go out in public huh? Is it because you want to show me off? Am I your trophy or something?" His eyes stared into you, fill of hurt and betrayal. You stared back at him in disbelief. You let out a big sigh putting your hand on your hip and turning your head to its side. 
 
"What? I'm sorry Jinki but have you lost you mind? Where is your brain. I think you lost practicing to much. You think I'm flaunting you around or something? Is that what this is about? That's insane!"  You throw up your hands in frustration. You hated those articles just as much as Onew did, but this was going way to far. Onew continued to look at you accusingly. 
 
" You were my fan before my girlfriend, I have a right to be suspicious. Girls used me before, you wouldn't be the first." He turned his head, staring at your feet and sat in silence. 
 
It's true, you meet him at a fan signing, a dedicated fan to Onew. You finally got up the courage to go and talk to him, and he signed your CD with that amazing smile. You held the CD to your chest and giggled uncontrollable as you thanked him and moved on to get Taemin's signature.  You almost fainted when Onew came up to you at the end if the event and asked you on a date. You didn't know what to expect, the amazing charismatic guy talking to you across the dinner table was enough to make you nervous. He took you to a fancy Japanese restaurant downtown, and sat talking with you for hours between bits of sushi. But the more you talked, the more you began to realize.  The Onew on stage and the Onew in life were two different people. Onew was strong, outgoing and charismatic. Jinki, on the other had was clumsy and silly. He laughed at his own jokes and mad silly little tunes when he was happy. He was goofy and awkward, and didnt seem like a Idol at all. You were surprised at first, but then you began to like it.  In fact, it felt like you were falling in love with him all over again, but this time with the Jinki side, not Onew
 
You still couldn't believe it. You took another deep breath, walked over to the couch and sat down beside him. You took his hands in your, and waited until he looked up at you. You looked deep into his eyes and gave him a soft smiled. Onew seemed to relax a bit, his tense shoulders going down and his face softened as he looked back up at you.
 
"You know, there is a reason I call you Jinki, not Onew? I am in love with Jinki, not Onew. As a fan, i was head over heels in love with you, but not the real you. Who wouldn't be? Onew's a real catch, you should see yourself on stage babe, your a total knock out! But, the difference between me and the other fan-girls out there, is I've gotten to know the real OnewOnew changes all the time, his hair, his style. The Jinki I love is silly and clumsy, down to earth and awkward.. That's the guy I fell in love with.  When we go out, I don't think I'M GOING OUT WITH ONEW, KOREAN POP SENSATION'. I think 'I'm going out with Jinki, my sweet clumsy boyfriend. Let's pray had doesn't embarrass me today'. Onew and Jinki are two different people. I don't mind sharing Onew, but you are MY Jinki, i don't want to hurt you or damage our relationship, so I wouldn't take advantage of you. I look for you and only you, not what reports or fan-girls think or say."
 
You finished off what you were saying and gave Onew's hand a squeeze. "Do you believe me?"
 
Onew answered you with a deep kiss on the lips, then smiled back at you. He got up from the couch and stuck out his hand for you. "Ready to go on that picnic?