Chapter 1

You're My Lucky Charm

 

______’s Pov.

        “_____!!!”

Reflectly, I turned to face the shouter. It was Taeyeon, she was running towards me.

        “Wait for me, will you?” She asked while walking with me to school.

        “You always late. Should I late with you too?” I asked as I giggled.

        “That’s what friends are for. We share happiness and sadness” Taeyeon answered.

        “You’re good at finding reasons” I said.

While walking, I suddenly saw a ladder in front of My and Taeyeon’s way. I stopped Taeyeon from walking.

        “Wait! Don’t pass the ladder” I said panicly. Taeyeon looked confuse then she walked pass it.

        “What is the worst thing would ever happen?” She asked.

        “You will have a bad luck” I said panicly. “Gosh! We have to find a clover leave”

        “Hey, chill out! I don’t believe in such a thing” She said.

Then I stopped searching for clover leaves .

        “Well... if something bad happen, Don’t ask me for any help cause I won’t” I said. There’s a silence.

        “How did you know it will give a bad luck anyway?” Taeyeon asked.

        “I know from my aunt’s book. Why?” I asked.

        “Nothing.. It just weird”

        “You should wear a charm bracelet and bring clover leave for a good luck charm” I said seriously.

Then Taeyeon laughed.      

“Oh come on! It’s lame..” Taeyeon said then countinue laughing.

I lifted up my hand and I was about to show her my charm bracelet then I realize that it is not in my hand.

        “Geez... I didn’t bring my charm bracelet... and there is a Spelling Bee competition!!! TODAY!!” I said worriedly. “I will be so... lose”

Taeyeon patted my back.

        “It will be alright. Just relax and...”

        “How can I be so relax??!!” I cutted Taeyeon’s words. “There’s a lot of our seniors will be there”

Taeyeon looked give up.    

        “You’re so gonna help me” I said to her.

        “Listen, how can I help you if you don’t listen to me. Now, just relax, focus on yourself” She said.

I sighed. I forced a smile. Calm... calm... calm...

        “But there will be Donghae there!!!! He’s my crush!! How could I face him to day?” I asked panicly.

        “I’m tired”

***

~At School~

I walked into my classroom with Taeyeon. I’m not a korean, so does Taeyeon. We barely know how to call a seniors, or a older sister or brother, or a younger sister and brother in korean.

        “Have you prepared yet for the competition, you fool?” Someone asked me. It was Kyuhyun.

        “I’m not a fool, you idiot” I braved my self to say that.

        “Do you even know how to spell idiot? Why are you in for a spelling bee competition? To impress Donghae?” My enemy, Kyuhyun said. Then all laugh.

        “Hey! Shut your blabber mouth up!!” Taeyeon shouted at Kyuhyun.

        “You too... you’ve been dumped by Leeteuk, aren’t you? He ignore you when you confessed, right?” Kyuhyun asked Taeyeon.

Then all my classmates started to mock.

        “Taeyeon, Will you tell us all, how it felt when someone you love dumped you? Maybe you can warn _____” Kyuhyun said.

Then I came approached Kyuhyun and slapped his cheek hardly.

        “Why do you hate me and her that badly?” I asked him.

        “Because you’re such a fool to believe in such a lucky thingy. You believe that Donghae will love you? You’re nothing but a rubbish. You TWO are a rubbish” Kyuhyun said with his evil smile.

        “Well then... if one day, you fall for me... I will dumped you badly than ever. I promise, take my words” I said to him.

Then he laughed. He shake his head.

        “It’s no way that I will love you. I’m not even like you” Kyuhyun answered. “But, I’ll take your words”

He smirked to me.

Then the teacher came in.

        “Students, let’s start the lesson” Mrs. Hwang said.

I sat next to Taeyeon.

        “What are you talking about?” Taeyeon whispered me.

        “I don’t know..”

        “You vowed an impossible promise.How will he loves you when he’s badly hates you?” Taeyeon whispered again.

        “Just don’t stress me out now. I need to rest for a competition” I answered.

***

“This is a call for all the participants of the Spelling Bee Competition, please come to the Office. We’re off soon”

We heard a calling when we’re studying.

        “Guess it’s my call” I said to Taeyeon. She smiled to me.

        “Good luck” Taeyeon said.

        “Hope so..” I whispered to my self as I walked to the teacher’s table. “Miss, I have a call” I said to her.

        “Go” She answered.

I walked out from the classroom. I felt like someone followed me from behind. I turned around.

        “Are you sure, you’re okay without your stupid charm bracelet?” Kyuhyun asked me. I forgot that he’s also a contestant of the competition.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I think, he really spied me out. He know I didn’t put my charm bracelet.

I arrived at the office. There I could see Mrs. Seo checking on the contestant attendance.

        “___________?” She called out my name.

        “Here..” I said.

I looked for Donghae. He should be here.... ah, there he was. Sitting on the chair while laughing with his friends. He’s so down to earth. He’s my senior though, but I still have to learn how to call a senior in korean.

        “Looking at your prince charming? You know, a dream should remain a dream. He’s only a dream for you” Someone whispered in my ears. Then again, it was Kyuhyun.

        “Why are you always shocked me with your ugly duckling face?” I asked him. He annoyed me much.

        “I’m not that ugly. I’m better than Donghae” He said.

        “Maybe you should have a mirror after all” I said while giggled.

He pushed my head with his finger.

        “Hey, don’t you dare say that to me” Kyuhyun said to me.

        “I’m just being honest. And don’t push my head with your dirty finger”

        “Do you prefer to be pushed by my charm?” He said.

        “Do you even have any charm?”

Then I saw the contestants of the competition went into the bus. Then, I ran followed them to the bus.

~InTheBus~

        “Which school are we going to have a competition at?” I asked.

        “Korean International School” Yesung answered coldly.

        “Wh-WHAT??!!!” I asked loudly.

        “Hey, keep it down” Someone said that.

        “Why are you so scared anyway?” Donghae asked confusely.

        “She didn’t bring a lucky charm of her” Kyuhyun said laughing.

        “Are you believe in such a thing?” Yesung asked me while holding his laugh.

        “Yeah...” I answered weakly. Geez, Donghae must be thinking that I’m such a fool.

        “Really? You’re a kind of girl who believe in hopes. I like that” Donghae said warmly. Gosh!! Gosh!!

        “Wh-what??!! You like a girl who believe in fairytales and a unicorn and a fairy? Yikes! What happen with your style?” Kyuhyun asked Donghae with his ‘Oh-come-on-you-must-be-kidding-me’ look.

“Not fairytales, but hopes” He answered. Donghae looked at me smiling. I just replied his smile and.. a little blushed?

Kyuhyun looked pissed. Well, Donghae likes me. Good point.

~SPELLING BEE COMPETITION~

*Beeep*

Donghae’s alarm rang.

        “Specialist. S-P-E-C-I-A-L-I-S-T” Donghae answered.

        “One point for Yeom Kwang High School. Total score now, 52 for each team. Now, from the two group, Korea International School and Yeom Kwang High School, you have to choose a finalist of each enemy group to the final” The MC said.

I kept silent since the first competition. They’re all good. Even Ugly Kyu good at doing this.

        “So, who should we choose?” Yesung whispered.

        “Choose the weak one... The girl.. the girl” Kyuhyun said.

        “We choose the girl” Donghae said to the MC.

Then the MC turned to face other group.

        “We choose the girl one too” Someone from other group said. Well, they want me.

Then, I saw the girl from the other group walked to the front, I followed her walked to the front.

        “Here is the last question. You have to be fast, press the alarm if you know. Okay..... Psychoanalysis” The MC said fastly.

Then my enemy press the alarm. Geez, I’m too slow.

        “Psychoanalysis. P-H-Y-C-H-O-A-N-A-L-Y-S-I-S” The girl said then smirked to me.

        “False” The MC said.

        “Wh-what? It can’t be” The girl said.

        “If school Yeom Kwang High School got this right. They’ll win. If not, there will be a tie” The MC said.

Calm, calm Bunga... I didn’t bring my charm bracelet. Now, I’m crazy, I shouted to my self. Okay,... calm... BUT DONGHAE WATCHING ME!!!

        “Psychoanalysis. P-S-Y-C-H-O-A-N-A-L-Y-S-I-S-T” I said worriedly.

        “Badly, you both wrong. THIS IS A TIE!!!” The MC said. “The correct answered is... P-S-Y-C-H-O-A-N-A-L-Y-S-I-S”

I went back to my group.

Yesung sighed.

        “We shouldn’t be asking you to be in the group. There’s a lot of Spelling group’s members. Gosh! You’re so not help us” Yesung yelled.

        “You’re a shame for our school. Why do you have to be so useless. Why are you in this competition anyway? Why are you even born?. Uggh!!” Kyuhyun said then leave me.

        “It’s okay. We should have practice together” Donghae said.

        “I-I’m s-sorry... I sho-“

        “Shut up” Yesung said coldly. “Let’s go Hae!”

They left me.

~After School~

        “I heard that the competition is tie? What happen?” Taeyeon asked while we both walked to our house. We’re neighbours.

        “I messed it up. And now, I make Donghae sad by losing the game” I mumbled. “It must be because the stupid charm bracelet”

        “Don’t blame your self, maybe you just don’t lucky” Taeyeon said while patting my back. “Gosh, I said that. No, I take my words back. You’re lucky”

        “No, I’m not. What should I do?” I asked her.

        “Maybe next time. See you tomorrow, my mother really need me now. She said I have to help her after school. Bye” Taeyeon bid goodbye.

I walked into my house. What a day.

        “I’m home...” I said. In a gloomy way.

        “Honey, you home? How is the competition?” My mom asked.

        “Don’t even ask. I messed it up” I answered then I went straight to my room.

I opened the door of my room then threw my bag away. I jumped onto the bed. I looked at the table next to my bed, there’s my diary. I opened it up.

The first page is my favourite, there’s a picture of Donghae playing a basketball. Just by seeing his smile, make me want to smile. Then, a sound of my phone ringing woke me up from my day dreaming.

I took my phone and answered the call.

        “Hello?” I said.

        “______, you have to see this! Kyuhyun wrote on Facebook. He wrote “That ing girl is a shame for Yeom Kwang High School”” Taeyeon said.

        “I don’t care... that ing boy has always do that”

        “Pfftt... I felt sorry for my friend. Tomorrow is Saturday, let’s hang out!”

        “It depends on where will you take me to” I said to her.

        “Cinema? They have a new movie premiere. Its just release. There’s Sherlock Holmes too” Taeyeon said. She sounds excited.

        “I’m not gonna watch Sherlock Holmes. It’s boring. Let’s just watch some comedy movies” I said.

        “It’s up to you. So are you in? Only the two of us. We’ll forget anything, no one will disturb us” She said.

        “Okay... just promise me one thing. It will be alright”

        “Got it.. Dress well. I’ll see you tomorrow”

*Beep*

She closed the call.

I looked back at my diary for a few seconds. Well.. few minutes. Then I closed the diary and put it on the table.

***

Kyuhyun’s Pov.

!!! That girl is really something!! I laid my body on the bed. Suddenly my phone rang. It’s Yesung.

        “Hey, what’s up?” I asked.

        “That stupid girl pissed me off. Let’s hang out!”

        “Where to?”

        “I don’t know... Cinema?”

        “Well, okay.. only the two of us? Is this a date? I’m not gonna come, I’m still normal okay?” I said with a disgust tone.

        “No of course... Let’s invite someone else too. Donghae?” He asked.

        “It’s up to you. When?”

        “Tomorrow is Saturday”

        “Tomorrow it is”

        “Okay, see you in the Cinema”

*Beep*

He closed the call. I sighed.

        “I hope it will be a great day” I mumbled.