The Part of a Song

Save the Last Song

a/n: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAPiJTEzV9E ----> song for the duet :) PLEASE LISTEN.. =)) if it ends... repeat it...and repeat and repeat :) until you end the fic =)

EVERYTHING will be according to HYERIN'S POV~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Hyerin’s POV-
Honestly, I don’t want to quit being a singer. If only I didn’t love my mom. But, I do love her; a lot—and I respect her and her decisions too—Not that I’m a -up or anything.


Singing is my life and also the people in it; specifically, Infinite—not that I’m a flirt.


Keke.


“Hyerin-ah, we will have a meeting at 2pm. Don’t forget!” my manager said as I looked at my watch. “Oh! 5 minutes left! I better get going then.” I said, taking my bag and making my way to the door.


Taking my seat next to Sungjong, across my best friend, Sungyeol I greeted them. “Annyeong, noona!” Sungjong squealed, full of energy. “Hello, Sungjong. Oh—I’m going to miss you guys.” I blurted while placing my hand on Sungjong’s shoulder. He looked at me and smiled. They all showed their happy faces but their eyes showed sadness.


I’m really going to miss you, guys.


Sungyeol then playfully slammed his hand on the table, causing me to wince. “Don’t worry, Hyerin-ah! We’ll find time to meet up with you!” he said, looking at me straight in the eye.


That’s why I fell for you, Sungyeol.


I saw all of them nod at Sungyeol’s statement. Using his long arms, he then reached for my hand. I felt my heart skip a beat.
“I will call you every day and send you a message.” He seriously said, out of nowhere. I looked down so that he won’t see me blush.


My manager, together with Infinite’s manager, then arrived. “Hyerin will be having her last concert; and I want you guys to be in it, since you guys are so close and that we can also benefit from Hyerin’s fans.” We all nodded.

The manager then thoroughly discussed the flow of the whole concert.“The finale will be a duet with Hyerin.” I widened my eyes.


Please say Sungyeol, please say Sungyeol.


“Nuguyo?” I asked, tilting my head. The manager then looked at me then at Sungyeol. “Sungyeol-ah, you’ll be doing the duet with Hyerin. Is it fine with you?” the manager stated, making my insides dance in happiness. He pointed at himself. “Me?” he asked, with a hint of joy. “Yes, you.” Their manager plainly said.

“Oh! I’m honored!” he said as he stood up and made a prince-like bow. He then lifted his head, still in that position and looked at me. I looked at him and then he winked, accompanying it with his priceless smile. I felt my cheeks burn again. He then went back to his seat. Sitting down, he threw a question to their manager: “But—why me? I mean I don’t have a voice like Sunggyu and Woohyun hyung.”.


He has a point.


My shoulders deflated. “I want you to practice your vocals so that you can get more parts in your songs.” The manager answered his question simply.“So the concert will be held on the last week of April. Hmm…on a Saturday maybe? Ah—yes! A Saturday! So you still have 3 weeks and 3 days of rehearsals. The 2 days left will be for your rest; got it?” he said thoroughly as he shifts his view from his clipboard to us.

“Ne!” we all said in unison.


I can’t believe this! A duet with Sungyeol!


Before the meeting was adjourned, Sungyeol suddenly raised his hand. “Hyung-sajangnim, you do know that I have a photo shoot in Japan from Saturday to Monday on the last week of April right?” he asked, making me nervous.


This can’t be.


Their manager looked at his clipboard and flipped through the papers. “Oh! You do. Oh well; we’ll have Woohyun then.” he said fixing his clipboard and dismissed the meeting. My heart dropped, hearing that he won’t do the duet with me. Not that I don’t want Woohyun to be my partner… it’s just that—well you get me.


Find a way, Sungyeol. Please find a way for me to have that duet with you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was walking down the hallway in WoollimEnt’s building. Suddenly, Sungyeol went up to me. I tried to smile and I did. “I’m really sorry, Hyerin-ah! I can’t turn down the photo shoot since I already talked to them and the rest. Neomu neomu neomu neomu neomu neomu mianhae, Hyerin-ah. I’ll make it up to you! Promise!” He said, sticking out his pinky.


I interlaced my pinky with his and we sealed it with our thumbs. I tried to brighten up my mood. “Keep your words, my dear friend.” I said as I smiled at him. “Of course! Well I need to go now, Hyerin-ah. Sorry again and take care!” he said, ruffling my hair. He then ran off. I looked at his figure; getting smaller and smaller. I held on my heart.


I shouldn’t act like this! I’m not even her girlfriend! He doesn’t even like me!


I heaved a sigh of determination with a hint of disappointment as I made my way to my car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“What? He’s already packing? What time is his flight tomorrow?” I asked Sungjong, who happened to be my other closest friend in Infinite. He knows that I like Sungyeol so yeah—I asked him to tell me if Sungyeol is doing a move for him to do the duet.


You might ask why I don’t find a way to pursue it myself. Here are reasons:
1. I am too busy for the concert since I AM the main character of the whole concert.
2. I am sort of afraid that the managers may know that I like him and maybe… they would tell him about this and y’know we’ll feel awkward. And…
3. I don’t know.


As of now… he’s going to pursue his way to Japan tomorrow. “Ne, noona. Sorry about that. He told me that he’ll message you tomorrow before his flight. And his flight is around 8pm.” He informed. I slumped at my bed and pouted. “Well at least he would text. Better that than nothing. Thanks Sung-dongsaeng!” I said as I hang up. I sighed.


At least he would message me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--Concert; Staurday


“Great job, Hyerin! You’re energetic than ever!” my manager complimented me as I went backstage and got ready for my next number.


“jo mollie jabeul su opdon geunyoga
 majimak sangsangan-e ne chosanghwa
 ijen hyonsillo geudel deryowa”


I heard Dongwoo’s rap to end their song: White Confession.


This is it.


I went near the stairs of the backstage, leading to the main stage as I was greeted by the Infinite members that just finished their last song for the concert, well except for Woohyun. I went on stage hearing claps and chants.


“Choi Hyerin! Choi Hyerin!” the fans chanted.


I’m going to miss this too.


For the duet, Woohyun and I will sing: ‘One Year Later’ by Jessica and Onew.


The music started, and it was only me on stage. I sang the first part up to the first chorus. After my part, Woohyun suddenly appeared on stage, earning claps and cheers from his fans. As he finished his part, up to the second chorus, I suddenly went on the center stage up the very front, making my sight of Woohyun, gone.


I then sang the bridge, with so much power: “Hokshi neodo nae mam gateulgga”
I then waited for Woohyun’s line. He sang his line with so much power too, “Dashi han beonman gihwoereul jugeni” making me look back at him.


That voice...


I widened my eyes, as I put on more power on the part where we sing together,


“Ijen ara jeoldaero
 urineun he-eojil su obseo
 saranghago ddo saranghaneun hansaram
Oooooohhh----”


as he went up to me and held on my hand.


Yes. He came. Sungyeol… came.


We sang the rest of the song, taking turns for our parts. As the near end lines came,


“Myeotnyeoni jinado”
“Oneul gadeun mamman”


 He pulled me close to him, making me face him. He went closer to my face and leaned on my forehead. We sang the last line, close to each other:

“Dashin obge”


The lights then went off, and I grabbed the opportunity to talk to him.
“S-Sungyeol-ah… why did you come back?” I asked still intact with his forehead. “Ah.. yes—your promise! You’re a great friend. Gomawo.” I said as I started to part from him. He then cupped my cheek.


“No—Hyerin. I don’t want to be just friends.” He said, leaning to me. I felt my heart beat; beating in a very rapid manner. I then felt his soft lips on mine as we shared a sweet kiss. He then parted.


“I want to be more than that.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it?

Hope you at least found something worth reading for in this oneshot :)

Thank you~ :)

Do comment :) or yeah.. message :)