Recalling what happened

1 Night Stand

 

As Taeyang left the building, Taeyeon shut the door and sat on the couch trying to remember what had happened the night before. "Aigoo.... what happened last night? Did I drink too much? Omo... did something happen between Taeyang and me? Ahh..." Taeyeon thought to herself as she roughed up her hair in frustration. "What happened?"

Not long after Seohyun woke up joining Taeyeon on the couch. "Unnie, are you okay? You don't look too well." Seohyun asked.

"Joohyun-ah!" Taeyeon said out of desperation. "What did I do? Do you know what happened to me last night?"

With a shocked face Seohyun replied, "Unnie, don't you remember... you left with Taeyang-oppa.... Don't you remember what you guys did afterwards?"

"Aniya..." Taeyeon said as she let out a sigh. "I don't know what we did... All I remember is just waking up and seeing him sleeping on the edge of the bed, and the towel that was on my forehead. But I can’t recall if we did anything before that…"

"Omo... did you two-"

"I don't know!" Taeyeon said as she dropped her head her hands. "What do I do? It would be awkward if we saw each other again... he asked if we could hang out again when we both got back to Korea… did something happen for him to ask that?"

"Unnie, maybe you should ring him and asked what happened." Seohyun suggested.

"Ani..." Taeyeon whined. "He  thinks that I do remember what happened last night."

“How?”

“I think I spoke in a way which I sounded like I knew what I was talking about.”

“When?”

“This morning…”

"Really?” Seohyun replied. After a long pause between the two, Seohyun tried to reason with Taeyeon as she pouted, “but Taeyang-oppa doesn't seem like that type of guy to take advantage of the situation."

 

Meanwhile...

 

Taeyang arrived back at the hotel where Big Bang was staying. Luckily all of them were still sleeping, where Taeyang went into the kitchen and made himself some breakfast. As he ate his food he thought about last night. "Taeyeon didn't even drink much... I wonder what caused her to have a headache. Maybe it was stress due to their schedule… This morning she seemed surprised to see me there too... she was acting a bit different from last night… Maybe she thought we did something together... omo… should I send her a text telling her what happened... Aniya... maybe she already knows and might get offended if I send her a text... hmm... I hope last night wasn't too awkward with her. I even asked her if we could catch up once we get back to Korea… aigoo…" Taeyang's thoughts ran wild as he pictured Taeyeon sleeping peacefully last night. He hit his head to stop thinking about her. "Aish! Youngbae, we only just hung out last night, and spent a night with her... and you're invading her privacy by just thinking about the way she slept, when you weren't even meant to be watching her... aigoo!"

As Taeyang finished his trail of thought he looked up to find Seungri sitting opposite him with a deviant smile on his face. Taeyang glared at Seungri as he started to speak, "hyung.... did you have fun last night with Taeyeon-noona?"

"Aish! Don't say such things!" Taeyang said in defence as he got angry at Seungri for assuming the wrong thing.

"What? Didn't you and noona leave together last night?" Seungri started to question. "Normally, if a guy leaves with a girl, don't they... you know..."

"Aish!" Taeyang became annoyed, "nothing happened."

"Omo! Really?" Seungri said in an astonished tone. Taeyang stood up and slapped Seungri across the head. "Yah! Hyung! What was that for?"

"Stop talking nonsense like that and treat women with more respect... it not all about sleeping together and bragging about it the next day... aish!" scolded Taeyang. "Even if something did happen I still wouldn't say it."

"What did happen then?" Taeyang and Seungri heard a voice coming from the direction of the bedrooms.

"Ah... Jiyoung, you're awake." Taeyang said calming himself down.

"If you two didn't sleep together then why are you coming back so early in the morning?"

"Last night, Taeyeon left because she had a headache... and I thought that I shouldn't let her go home by herself and so I went with her to her hotel to make sure she got there okay." Taeyang continued as he sat back down in his chair. "Whilst we  were in the taxi, I think she fell asleep, and so I carried her up to her room. When I went to leave, I felt her forehead, and she had a fever, and so I stayed back to bring her temperature back down... by then I was also tired and must have dozed off on the edge of the bed."

"Wah!" G-Dragon said as he sat back into his chair. "It wouldn't surprise me to see Youngbae taking care of somebody like that. Does she remember what happened?"

"I don't know. She acted differently this morning from the way she acted last night, but I didn't say anything, and if she doesn’t remember I also don't want to send her a text saying nothing did happen, because if she does remember, she might get offended thinking that I’m think she was drunk, and that she doesn’t remember anything."

“Was she drunk?” Seungri questioned.

“Not that I know of.” Taeyang replied.

"Aigoo... Youngbae, if she doesn't remember she might be freaking out right now." Jiyoung explained. Taeyang, Seungri and Jiyoung sat there in silence all thinking about how they could tell Taeyeon without offending her. "Ah!" Jiyoung shouted out as soon as he had an idea. “Send a message to Taeyeon asking how she is, and if her fever has gone down. That way it sounds as if you are concerned, yet you're not straightforwardly saying you guys did ‘that’ last night."

"Wah! Hyung you're the best." Seungri said.

Taeyang still a bit confused, pulled out his phone to send Taeyeon a message.

"Taeyeon-sshi,

Are you feeling better? Has your fever gone down? I hope that last night helped... ^^"

Before anyone could check what he had written, Taeyang had already sent the message. Afterwards Jiyoung checked his message. "Taeyang!" Jiyoung screamed. "Baboyah! What's with this last line? She will now think that you guys actually did something if she doesn't even remember!"

"Mueo?" Taeyang was confused at what he had written. "What do you mean that she would think we did something... nothing even happened."

"I hope last night helped..." Jiyoung requoted.

Taeyang paused. Thinking about what he wrote. "I... hope... last night helped... helped last night." Suddenly, the words clicked. "Aish!" Taeyang yelled out in frustration as he stood up anxiously. "She might think I'm thanking her for last night... thinking that we slept together! Babo babo babo. Aigoo! I have to text her back and tell her it's nothing like that!"

 

Back at SNSD Hotel Room…

 

Taeyeon's messaged tone rang. By now all the other members were awake trying to help Taeyeon figure out what had happened. "Oh... it's Taeyang." Taeyeon said aloud.

"What did he say?" Sunny asked.

"Taeyeon-sshi," Taeyeon read out.

"Wah!" Jessica interrupted. "He's still speaking formally even after last night. He must feel awkward... Taeyeon-ah, what did you do to him?" Jessica finished off by jokingly asking Taeyeon.

"Omo... Sica!" Yuri was shocked to hear Jessica say those words.

Taeyeon continued reading aloud, "Are you feeling better? Has your fever gone down?"

"Aww..." Yoona said with a huge smile growing on her face. "Gwiyeo... He cares about you unnie-"

"That's right." Seohyun said as she finally remembered cutting Yoona off. "You left because you had a headache, and Taeyang-oppa offered to you home."

After Taeyeon heard Seohyun she looked down to continue reading, "I hope last night helped..." Her eyes widened realising what they could have done the night before.

"Unnie," Yoona called out. "Did oppa say anything else?"

As Taeyeon flipped the phone around to show everybody, their jaws dropped in disbelief.

"Taengoo-ah," Sunny said in shock yet truthfully and straightforwardly. "I guess you and Taeyang did sleep together..."

"That doesn't sound like Taeyang though." Yuri tried to reconcile. "When we went on that blind date, Taeyang did not seem to be like that type of guy."

"But everyone was drinking." Tiffany said making Yuri doubtful. "Who knows what he's like once he drinks."

"Aniya..." Seohyun begged to differ. "Oppa didn't even drink that much last night."

"Maybe he's a weak drunk." Sooyoung considered.

"Maybe he took advantage of the situation and slept with Taeyeon." Hyoyeon admitted.

"Aniya! He's not that type of guy!" Yuri ensured.

"Look," Sunny saw the message Taeyang wrote. "He even put the '...' to emphasise the awkwardness."

However Taeyeon sat there in disbelief at what she had done with Taeyang. Her message tone went off again.

"Is that Taeyang again?" Sunny asked.

"De." Taeyeon was tempted to not even look at the message. Even if they had slept together Taeyeon felt regretful if it was a one night stand. However she clicked 'open' on her phone, and the message read:

"Mianhe Taeyeon-ah. I didn't mean anything bad by what I wrote last. I read the last line again and thought you might get the wrong idea... if you don't remember what happened last night, but I hope you don't get offended if you do remember... but if you're not sure then, as we were in the taxi, you fell asleep, and when we got to the hotel, I tried to wake you… but you did not wake up…so instead I carried you up to your room. Sorry about going through your purse by the way… I had to check which room you were staying in, and if you had a way to get in. Anyway, when I was about to leave, I saw that your face was red, and so I checked to see if you had a fever, and... well you did... so I got a small bucket of water some face towels and placed them on your forehead... when you're fever started to come down that's when I stopped rotating the towels and then I must have fallen asleep. I hope you didn't think we did anything because we didn’t…" Taeyeon finished reading the message aloud feeling somewhat relieved.

Seohyun jumped up to go see if the bucket was still in Taeyeon's room.

As she jumped up Yuri said, "See... I told you Taeyang wasn't like that."

Seohyun came back with the bucket of water with wet face towels in there. "Wah... I guess he was right."

Sunny, Tiffany, Yoona and Sooyoung simultaneously leant back letting a sigh out of relief. “That’s true… I didn’t even notice Taeyang sleeping there when we got back.” Sunny said in disappointment.

Yoona spoke, "neomu gwiyeopda unnie... Taeyang was really nice about the way he helped you."

"De... he was Unnie's saviour twice in one night." Sooyoung said out of envy.

Tiffany sat back up with excitement hitting Jessica. "Ah-" Jessica let out a sound of pain.

"Yah yah..." Tiffany started to stutter. "Don't you think Taeyeon and Taeyang are starting to make a cute couple?" Tiffany finished as she teased Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked up and glared at Tiffany with everybody else having a grin on their face.

"Yah!" Taeyeon burst out. "There's nothing going on." Taeyeon slouched as if she were disappointed.

"Taengoo..." Sunny said curiously, "are you starting to like Taeyang?"

Taeyeon looked at Sunny giving no answer. With that Sunny assumed that Taeyeon was beginning to like Taeyang.

“Unnie,” Seohyun said beginning to clarify Taeyeon’s feelings. “Didn’t this morning as you were saying goodbye to oppa, which you wanted to meet up with him again when you both got back home? You can’t lie because I heard you both while I was in the bathroom.”  With all the other girls excited they started to talk amongst themselves of how Taeyeon could meet up with Taeyang again.