Chapter 1 | How We Got Into This Mess

My Collection of Broken Hearts

{Suzy's POV}

I was walking in the school hallways with Min unnie. She was talking about the party her friend, Hyoyeon,  was hosting tonight and invited me to come over. "So whatcha think Su? You coming?" she asked.

"I'd love to." I said. "But I think I have other plans tonight." 'I'm planning on doing absolutely nothing tonight.'

She stops and crosses her arms to me as she gives me a glare. I gulped and thought, 'God I hate it when she does that.'

"Explain." She said, sounding pissed. 

' what do I say?!' It was like fate heard me curse, my phone started ringing. I took out my phone and saw the caller, Soo Hyun. 'Perfect!'

I looked at her and said, "Unnie, I'll take this call for a sec." She furrowed her eyes at me and sighed. "Fine!"

I smiled and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey beautiful." He said in a perky tone. 

"Oh.. Hi Oppa." I said and looked at Unnie then mouthed the name 'Soo hyun' to her. She rolled her eyes at me and waved her hand, letting me continue talking to him.

I smirked and turned my attention back to him. "What do you want? I asked directly.

"Aww. Is that the way you treat your boyfriend?" he said trying to act cute. I could imagine him pouting now.

"Stop day dreaming. You're not my boyfriend." I harshly said. 

"Ouch. Playing hard to get now I see."

Min unnie poked me on the shoulder and said, "So what now? Are you coming or what?" I looked at her and thought, 'Time to work my magic'

"Yeah, we're still on tonight." I said through the phone while looking at her.

"What are you talking about?" Soo hyun asked confused and knew nothing of my plan.

"Around 8 sounds nice." I said as I continued my act. "See you then. Bye."

"Wait! Wha-" I hanged up the call before I let him finish and turned my phone off. 'Phew.'

"It seems I can't go Unnie." I said as I looked at her and faked a frown.

"Yeah yeah. You have plans with boyfriend number?" She asked.

I sneered at her and said, "He is boyfriend number nothing! He's just another boy toy." I chuckled.

Min pouted and said, "Too bad though he's hot!"

"You can have him then." I said in an uncaring tone.

"Whatever dongsaeng. Anyways, come with me to the library will yah? I have to make this crazy report on Romeo and Juliet. I can't they still let us read those stories." She complained and continued ranting as she started walking ahead of me.

I shook my head and folded my arms as I followed her. 'Unnie is ranting to herself again.' I smirked at the thought as I caught up to her and made our way.

 

 

Half an hour has now passed as I waited for Unnie to come back. I was at the far end side of the library where no one goes to since it was the mythological section. I didn't want anyone to know I was here. 'Did I tell unnie where I was?' I struggled trying to remember if I did. 'Who cares. I'll be found sooner or later.'

My head rested on my shoulders as I watched the clock on the wall, 3:30. Tick tock tick tock. I started feeling sleepy and my eyes were slowly closing. I blinked a couple of times, trying to stay awake but I couldn't take it anymore.

My eyes were getting heavier by the second as it finally shuts close. 'Maybe a short nap wont hurt.' I thought as I shifted to dreamland.

 

{Taemin's POV}

"How much time do I have left?" I asked the librarian as she packed up her work.

"Just a few." She answered. "I need to close up the library early today, my husband is in the hospital and no one is there to take care of him." 

I bit my lip as I watched her clean up her desk and pick up her bag. "10 minutes." I blurted out making her stop from what she was doing.

She looks at me and scowled, "10 minutes and that's it. Make sure you're out by then. I'm leaving the keys with the janitor to lock up the place."

I raised my hand, swearing. "I will! I promise." I smiled.

"Fine." she said and walked towards the door. "10 minutes tops" She said out loud and left.

I clapped my hands together and smiled to myself. 'Now, where was the mythological section again?'

 

I searched each section and groaned in frustration. 'Stupid mythological section. Where are you?' I deeply sighed as I hurried up  my search but something silly caught my eye.

A girl was sitting on the desk with her head laid down.I furrowed my brows at the sight, 'No one is supposed to be sleeping in school, nevertheless the library.'

I walked up closer to her, trying to see who it was. Her arms covered her face so it was difficult finding out who it was. I looked up to the clock and had a double-take. I had 2 minutes left before the janitor locks the doors. 

I shook her shoulders but she didn't flinch or anything. 'She's a heavy sleeper for a girl.' I shook her again but this time it was more with force. She moved a bit. I sighed and shook her again while saying, "Hey! Wake up! We need to go."

"Mmm. 5 more minutes umma." I heard her mumble.

"Yah! This isn't your umma! Your in the school library so wake up!" I practically yelled.

She groaned and finally but slowly sat up. She blinked a couple of time then looked at me but I still couldn't recognize her because her hair was all over her face. She then removed the hair out of the way and I finally saw her face. 'It's Suzy.'

She dazed out for a while before finally speaking up. "Who are you? Where am I?" she said sounding confused.

"Lee Taemin. School Library." I answered. "We have to go before-" 

Everything turned dark and the sounds of doors swinging close and being locked echoed through the room. My eyes widened realizing the situation I was in and ran towards the door.

"Yah! Where are you going?!" I heard her yell as I left her.

After making my way through, I reached the door and turned the knob. It's locked. "." I cursed. I rarely say those kind of language when I'm in a bad mood. 

I banged the door and yelled, "Hello! Anyone there! Help us!" I continued banging the door and stopped when someone called out my name.

"Lee Taemin is it?" 

I turned and saw it was her. I furrowed my brows and her and crossed my arms. "This is all your fault."