1

Roommates

The airport was bustling with tons of people; travelers, businessmen, and people hurrying home. Onew felt lost in the large airport and stood closer to Minho, who was standing besides him.

Briefly looking at the schedules, Onew smiled sadly before saying, "Your flight will be here in a few minutes."

Minho adjusted his bad that was slung over his broad shoudlers, not knowing what to say. He finally managed to smile back.

"Half a year. Just half a year. It will go by quickly, I promise. I'll study hard so I wont have to stay there longer, okay?"

"Half a year is a really long time, you know." Onew pouted, crossing his arms childlishly.

"Gosh hyung, who is the older one here?" Minho rolled his eyes and chuckled. 

He pulled Onew into a tight hug before letting go. "I have to go. Keep in contact okay? I'll be back before you know it."

Onew chould only nod and waved at Minho as the latter was getting ready to go through the metal doors.

A week ago, Minho suddenly announced that he had to go to America to study upon his father's request. He had to get passing grades at the school he was to be enrolled in, or else he had to stay in America. Of course Minho didn't want to stay in the U.S, he barely knows basic English.

 

________________________

 

"And  where do you think you're going?" a deep voice boomed behind him and Onew cursed silently.

He had almost made it out of the hallways without being caught. Then again, it was Mr.Lim's turn to patrol the school today.

"I believe there are classes right now, what are you doing here in the hallways? Detention. Office, now." The school supervisor barked, before he walked off his in stiff suit and ugly green tie.

Onew sat in the office for around two hours, helping the lady organize stacks of papers. The last bell rang and he was finally excused to go home. He was on his way to his locker when students started streaming out of the classrooms.

"Hyung!" A cheerful voice yelled and a thin body jumped onto Onew's back. Taemin smiled brightly before climbing off and leaning aganist Onew's locker.

"Why were'nt you in class today?" Taemin asked, titling his head to the side.

Onew reached an arm out and ruffled the blonde's hair.

"Hyung! I styled my hair today! I looked manly! Now you ruined it, urgh." Taemin whipped out a mirror and started fixing his hair.

"Dear god, Kibum is starting to grow on you." Onew sighed.

"Think I heard my name?" Kibum walked up to them, a small smile resting on his lips. "Hey."

"Look at Taemin! What did you do to our baby?" Onew frowned as Taemin took out a chap stick.

"Aww. Did you use the hair product I gave you yesterday? You look amazing!" Kibum cooed, absolutely delighted that Taemin was following his footsteps.

"Urgh whatever guys. I'm going back to the dorms to sleep, bye!"

"Wait hyung, aren't you supposed to meet the new student later?" Taemin yelled.

 

____

 

Onew woke up from his nap and yawned gently. He looked at the clock on the wall and jumped when it read 7:16. He was supposed to pick the transfer student up at 7:00. He hurriedly changed out of his dorm clothes and threw on a random jacket.

"You are to meet Kim Jonghyun at 7:00 and bring him to the dorm. you wont have to give him a tour just yet, since he will most likely be jetlagged. Oh yeah, he is coming from Europe."

"I'm so sorry Principal-sshi." Onew rushed down three sets of stairs and ran towards the main gate. Which was quite a hard task considering that fact that the school campus was huge.

As Onew approached the gate, he sees a figure standing there with a few bags in his hands.

Oh crap I bet he is mad at me, Onew thought. he gulped and slowed his steps as he neared the figure.