i'm (feline) perfectly fine.

i'm (feline) perfectly fine.

 

1.

Oh my god it’s so cute!” shrieks Yoseob the minute he sets eyes on the tiny little kitten on the kitchen counter, meowing helplessly at the six boys. “Can we keep him Doojoonie, please please please please please—”

“Calm down,” says Doojoon, and he peers at the kitten. “Where’d you guys find him?”

“Outside some alley,” says Kikwang, and he coos at the kitten. “Isn’t he the sweetest little thing?”

Dongwoon pokes it, and the kitten his finger.

“We need to keep him,” whines Yoseob. “What if he gets lost somewhere? Kidnapped? Stepped on? Just think about it!”

Hyunseung ponders, “We would be able to get rid of that rat problem.”

“What rat problem?” asks Doojoon. “We have rats?”

Junhyung pipes up from the back, “This is a bad idea.”

“Oh my god look at him he’s biting Dongwoon’s hand isn’t that the cutest thing ever oh my god the tiny little teeth oh!” shrieks Yoseob.

-

2.

Junhyung narrows his eyes.

The kitten narrows its eyes.

Junhyung’s lip curls.

The kitten flicks its ear.

Junhyung narrows his eyes even more.

The kitten bares a tooth.

Junhyung scowls.

The kitten sneezes.

Hyunseung walks past and twacks Junhyung on the back of the head. “You’re an embarassment to us all.”

It’s being mean to me,” hisses Junhyung.

-

3.

Yoseob giggles as the kitten pats at his hair, and he picks it up and coos at it. The kitten meows and swats at his nose, making Yoseob laugh again.

Junhyung glares pointedly from across the living room.

-

4. 

Dongwoon says, “Junhyung’s jealous of a cat.”

Junhyung splutters. “Why the hell would I be jealous of that— that thing?!”

“Because it spends so much time with Yoseob.” Dongwoon shrugs. “Even Kikwang could see that.”

Kikwang pokes his head in. “I heard my name.”

“Are the walls really that thin?” says Junhyung irritatedly.

-

5. 

“Junhyungie!” calls Yoseob. “Wanna watch a movie?”

Junhyung perks up at that suggestion. “Okay!”

But it’s five minutes after he settles on the sofa with a Coke in hand and the beginning credits of the movie roll on the screen when he realises that the two of them aren’t really alone.

The kitten bounds up and settles itself in Yoseob’s lap.

Junhyung resists the urge to snarl at it, while Yoseob goes, “Aww, little kitty wants to watch the movie with us? That’s so cute!”

The kitten meows, before it looks up at Junhyung and smirks. I win.

Junhyung narrows his eyes. Not so fast.

-

6.

He has a plan.

Junhyung sidles up over next to Yoseob and says, “So, wanna go watch Kungfu Panda tomorrow?”

“Really?” Yoseob’s smile spreads across his face. “You never go to movies!”

“Well, there’s a first time for everything, right?”

“Yes! Oh, wait…” Yoseob ponders. “Who’s going to look after the kitten?”

Junhyung immediately says, “He can take care of himself!”

“But he’s just a baby!”

“He’ll be fine, I’m sure of it.” And Junhyung is sure his plan will go through.

-

7.

Yoseob cries, “The kitten’s missing!”

“Junhyung,” goes Doojoon. “What did you do?”

“Nothing, I swear!” 

Hyunseung sighs. “Have you checked under the bed yet?”

Yoseob blinks. “Seriously?”

“Seriously.”

Three minutes later—

“Oh my darling little kitten I’ve found you I’m never letting you out of my sight again!” shrieks Yoseob, clutching the kitten to his chest.

Junhyung scowls to himself in a corner. Stupid cat and its stupid strategies.

-

8.

“Listen here, you!” Junhyung points a finger at the kitten, who blinks innocently at him. “Oh, don’t give me that look! I know what you’re up to.”

“Meow?”

“At least give me a chance! You come in here and now you’re like the best thing ever to him!”

“Meow!”

“No, no, don’t you try to pin this on me. I am perfectly capable of—”

“Meow.”

“Don’t mock me!”

-

9.

“For the last time, I am not jealous of that stupid cat!” shrieks Junhyung.

There’s a short pause.

“Oh,” goes Yoseob from the next room.

Kikwang shrugs. “Thin walls.”

-

10. 

Stupid cat.

Junhyung clicks on his “Soppy Emo Songs” folder and tugs on his headphones, cranking the volume up.

If only Kikwang and Dongwoon hadn’t found it.

Junhyung munches on a cookie.

Yeah. He can blame this all on them. 

Junhyung narrows his eyes.

Stupid cat.

Suddenly, Junhyung nearly falls out of his chair when he feels someone yank his headphones off, and he goes, “Yah, what the—”

Yoseob tosses the headphones aside and frowns at him. “You’re a real idiot.”

Junhyung stares at him. “Huh?”

“I honestly cannot believe this.”

“If you’re talking about me eating all the bibimbap, I was hungry okay, and Seungie took all the rolls—”

Yoseob shuts him up with a kiss.

Junhyung freezes slightly, and stares at Yoseob when he pulls away. “Uh.”

“I honestly cannot believe that you were jealous of a cat,” murmurs Yoseob, and Junhyung’s ears tinge red. “Seriously?”

“You let it eat my seaweed snacks while we were watching that movie the other day!” says Junhyung weakly, and Yoseob laughs, and he’s kissing Junhyung again, and Junhyung figures that hey, maybe sometimes happy endings do come true. 

“Wait, how the heck did that cat get in he— No, no, not the CD rack, wait, Yoseob, get your stupid cat off my Big Bang posters!”

Well. Sometimes.