Love is Sweet

Love is Sweet

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
    

Because even if Hyukjae wanted to look away, she couldn’t; it wasn’t because it bothered her, but because the scene was really cute and she needed to give the couple some privacy.

It’s been almost three months since she passed by there, she was walking home from the university; in her hands were the huge book of Human Anatomy and the bigger one for Pharmacology; shrugging with her heavy backpack that had the thick books of embryology and physiology.

Needless to say, she was tired; really tired. Because she wanted to become a doctor she did everything possible to enter the university; a difficult step it was; but she did her best and finally got in. It was just her first year in college and she had to already go and watch on the patients at the hospital; study her off because if the doctor giving her cases asked her something and she didn’t know; she was going to be kicked out of the class.

Hyukjae smiled softly once again just as everyday she passed by the same park towards his apartment where she lived all by herself.

There was a boy and a girl; being all lovely and clingy on each other; the boy was handsome and the girl was gorgeous. Hyukjae watched the smile of the boy; it was perfect it was as if that boy was giving his all to the beautiful and smiling girl in front of him.

They were wearing High School uniform; Hyukjae smiled at the memories of his own school time before; they were probably seniors ready to graduate; a year or two younger that Hyukjae herself. It was so obvious for Hyukjae and the world that the couple was happy with each other.

She remembered three months before when they couple would sit in the bench under a tree and just chat; smiling brightly but not even touching themselves. “Best friends…” Hyukjae smiled softly at them; remembering and missing his old friends that she left in her old town.

After almost a week; Hyukjae watched the handsome boy with a red rose in his hand; kneeling down in front of the girl who was sitting on the bench from everyday. Hyukjae smiled brightly when the girl blushed and nodded to the happy boy. Hyukjae was happy the entire week just because of that; she was feeling that the world had something to keep moving on; feeling she had to help protect.

Every afternoon; she went out at the same hour every day from college; and she would always find the couple under that bench; chatting happily and kissing softly; she would smile at their cuteness and keep on walking to she could study.

Hyukjae remembered that specific day she stopped her tracks and watched the couple; the girl was all shy in front of the boy and wanted to hide her blush from something cheesy that maybe the boy told her. Her expression softened when he saw the boy’s bright eyes; she couldn’t find something more perfect than that.

The smile and his eyes; the boy was perfect and he was happy; Hyukjae felt happy as well because of him. She wanted to someday have someone that loved her the same way the boy loved the girl.

She sighed deeply and smiled weakly for herself before resuming her walking. She loved walking her way home; even if she had already a car; she enjoyed it because it was the only time of the day where she could actually relax and think on something else not human related.

She could forget about his teachers nagging at her because she couldn’t remember a word; her classmates doing stupid things to the doctors and blaming them. The noise of the hospital and the emergency room she used to visit a lot.

If Hyukjae could; the only think she wished to see would be smiles; as the one the boy in the bench by the girl’s side was wearing; so cute and wide; yet so bright and honest. Hyukjae liked that smile; she liked how the boy looked at the girl in front of him; because it was as if he was saying a thousand-s ‘I love you’ to his girlfriend.

Time passed; weeks; months; and the couple became even happier; a new term was on and Hyukjae was busiest than ever; still; she would smile at the couple every time she passed by the park; because the couple made her remember there was actually something worthy in the world.

It was one day that Hyukjae flinched when she passed by the same bench. “I hate you!” the girl yelled and the boy was left dumbfounded; Hyukjae pouted because she didn’t like watching the couple like that; she smiled and giggled for herself when seconds later; the couple was still as always; all loving and smiling.

The boy glanced at Hyukjae and the latter turned around nervously; because she was worried she was going to be mistaken for a creepy stalker. She continued walking remembering how many topics she had to read for her next classes; fighting against gravity in keeping her thick books in her hands; wishing to already sit down and leave the heavy bag in the floor of her apartment.

Now it’s been almost a month; and Hyukjae would frown lightly every time she watch the couple discuss on something trivial; she would pout thinking they should be together forever; but she was almost sure they wouldn’t.

It was cute to see the boy asking for forgiveness every time they discussed; he would give her girlfriend a beautiful flower and seconds later he would kiss her on her forehead lovingly; the next day the girl would come with some homemade cookies for his boyfriend who would eat them delightfully.

Hyukjae sighed deeply and smiled brightly; thinking on the scene she watched at the same park in the same bench everyday; he loved seeing how problems can be solved and forgotten; because she knew it was hard and still; she wanted to at least once try it.

There was this time the girl went away angrily; the boy was angry too and so he went walking to the other side; Hyukjae bit his lower lip because she was there; just passing by in exactly the moment they were fighting.

The next day they were together again; but there were no flowers and no cookies; something that made Hyukjae wonder what had happened.

The fights and discussions became worst; though Hyukjae knew they would make up with the time; they would fight again; she would just sigh and pout when she couldn’t get to see the boy’s precious smile anymore.

Hyukjae sighed when she saw the boy and girl just sitting there one day; not even chatting nor kissing; they weren’t even looking at each other; she gasped and looked away when the boy glanced at her once again; she bit her lower lip because in those months she has been passing by; the boy has caught her several times staring already.

She walked home after that and started studying once again about the anatomy things she had to learn.

It was late already; because Hyukjae was going to go away for six months; she was arranging everything at college; she was going to go to do some practices in a small town in the outside of the country; it was far away and there wasn’t even phone signal; still; Hyukjae was excited because she liked people; and she didn’t care if the people she was going to help were poor or rich; she knew she was going to like them anyways.

Hyukjae sighed when she passed by the subway and she couldn’t reach her shift. She sat down in a bench right by the side of it and pouted when her book fell down the floor with a loud thud. She leaned down to grab it and she didn’t know how her eyes caught on a beautiful girl at the sides of her; she smiled when she saw the girl’s smile but she frowned when she saw the smile was for someone else but the boy of the park.

Hyukjae got mad; because the girl was now kissing someone else; her madness was soon replaced by sadness as she imagined the boy in the bench; the subway finally came and Hyukjae went in hesitantly; because the girl was still there; kissing the other guy without worries; Hyukjae felt her legs weighted so much.

She walked home once again; just as everyday in her college student life; she was almost slipping her feet because she was really tired and she couldn’t stop thinking on what happened before. She hit her head once and scolded herself for meddling on someone else’s business.

It was late already; the lights were on and there were some dark spots in the park; still; she didn’t feel insecure; she just walked as she always did thinking nothing could happen because she knew all the neighbors already. Hyukjae was thinking on her homework and what should she do when arriving home.

And there he was; the same boy she has been seeing almost seven months: he was crying and Hyukjae bit his lower lip thinking how much pain he must be suffering because of love.

The smile Hyukjae liked to see the most was now gone; replaced by painful tears that pierced Hyukjae’s heart. She felt hopeless about love; even when she wasn’t into a relationship; the tears that were now falling from those eyes that were once beautiful and happy made her back away from any hope in falling in love.

His lips were pursing together tightly; Hyukjae new the boy was trying to not cry out loud; even when his elbows ere on his knees and his palms were hiding his probably swollen face.

Hyukjae walked towards the boy without thinking deeply; she slid her hand into her pocket and took her clean and beautiful handkerchief; her heart pounded fast and strongly when she extended her hand with the handkerchief towards the boy; biting her lower lip and waiting until the boy noticed her presence and accept her help.
    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

  
Kyuhyun was really happy; he finally could talk to the girl he liked; they even became good friends and he made sure it wouldn’t stay like that forever. He could accompany her to her house everyday and sometimes joke with her in class.


He remembers the day he decided to move forward; he invited her to the park and they sat down on a random bench; just chatting and eating some ice cream; sometimes just sitting there comfortably.

“Would you be my girlfriend?” Kyuhyun asked softly and he smiled for himself when he saw the girl he liked blushing deeply and nodding weakly and shyly.

They became inseparable; though they weren’t glued and neither of them were jealous; Kyuhyun liked younger girls but this girl was from his age; making him feel like she was special; though she acted as if she were younger and Kyuhyun really liked that.

Timed passed and Kyuhyun was happy because every time they would get even closer; he remembered the first time they kissed; it was so magical Kyuhyun didn’t stop smiling until days after.

It was once that Kyuhyun watched this girl pass by; she had thick books in her arms and still; she was smiling while walking; watching people smile made Kyuhyun happy; because he was happy and he wanted everyone else to be.

He turned again towards the girl next to him and smiled even brighter; because he couldn’t believe his good luck since he started dating her.

Kyuhyun wasn’t the type of guy that would hide his emotions; not to the person he liked or loved; and that was exactly the problem, because now, the girl was nagging at him because he still didn’t tell her ‘I love you’ and she thought Kyuhyun didn’t like her anymore. “I hate you!” She yelled at him and he just chuckled; because the girl was being really cute, but still; she had to understand he wasn’t prepared yet; because he didn’t know if it was really love.

After some minutes of distracting the girl; everything came back to normal and soon; they were already cuddling with each other in the same bench. Kyuhyun smiled; he always did when he was feeling happy; and he couldn’t help but turn around when he felt a pair of eyes on him; he spotted the same girl with the same books; he stared for some seconds even after the girl turned around and started walking; he smiled softly and didn’t look back until he couldn’t see the girl anymore.

“Beautiful eyes.” Kyuhyun commented remembering how the girl’s eyes opened widely when he caught her staring.

“Who’s?” The girl next to Kyuhyun asked pouting lightly and Kyuhyun chuckled.

“Yours.” He said; and it was true; because he liked the eyes of the girl that was his girlfriend; but he couldn’t deny the girl he has seen in the park several time doesn’t have beautiful brown eyes that could drawn everyone in.

Timed passed and Kyuhyun would panic every time his girlfriend got mad at him; because he didn’t like girls frowning or crying so he did his best. The flower he would get to make her happy was nothing compared to the smile that she dedicated him after they were finally okay.

Even when Kyuhyun didn’t really like sweet things; he still thought the cookies his girlfriend gave him were the most delicious ones he could ever get in his life.

But the childish attitude of his girlfriend definitely got into his nerves one day she insisted on Kyuhyun to tell her ‘I love you’ and Kyuhyun told her he wasn’t ready yet. Both ended up yelling at each other and leaving alone from the bench; each one of them to each side of it. Kyuhyun saw the girl that always passed by the park but he ignored her completely; it wasn’t important and he wasn’t interested either.

There were no more flowers and no more cookies; Kyuhyun didn’t even mind flirting with other girls because now he was sitting on that bench for merely to comply as a man; because he was the one who started it all; he was the one that insisted the girl on dating and he was the one who asked her out; now he was there not really in the mood to talk with her because her voice was annoying him; her whines and cute expressions were just frustrating him.

Kyuhyun decided to look around and he locked his gaze on the girl he watched everyday; he stared at her and he half smirked when the girl turned around blushing lightly. “Pale skin, cute lips, beautiful eyes…” He mumbled and frowned when the girl continued walking as always; not even giving him a look back.

Kyuhyun was in a bad mood; because the girl that used to pass by the ark everyday; with a bright smile on her lips; wasn’t smiling anymore; Kyuhyun felt like the world was becoming crazy; he expected that at least; in the middle of his disgrace; the girl would continue smiling for him.

But it wasn’t like that and Kyuhyun was confused; he loved the girl that was now standing in front of him; they didn’t even bothered on sitting; he still liked her; he felt something for her but he needed time to figure it out. “I like someone else.” That broke Kyuhyun’s heart; because even when he didn’t want to accept it; the girl had already a piece of his heart.

“Why…?” Kyuhyun mumbled with shaky voice.

“We both know why…” The girl smiled weakly; and after giving him a soft kiss in the cheek; she went away. “Let’s not meet again soon.” She said smiling at Kyuhyun and walking away with warm tears in her eyes.

Kyuhyun never felt that bad; because he felt guilty, because everything was perfect but he didn’t do his best to make it better; he left the situation get worst and just give a damn about her own issues; he felt bad not because he lost a great girlfriend; but because she was great and he couldn’t even valuate her at all.

Kyuhyun sat down once again in the same bench he always did; he felt his limbs weak and he didn’t oppose to the tears forming in his eyes; he leaned down hiding his face in his hands and resting his elbows in his knees; he cried hard and his eyes were already red and swollen; still, he couldn’t care less about that; he didn’t even know why he was crying that much; because he clearly didn’t love her.

Kyuhyun turned up slowly; his swollen eyes locking with the beautiful girl he remembered passing by all the time; the girl was biting her lower lip and she seemed nervous; Kyuhyun’s eyes landed on the hand that was now in front of him; there was a beautiful pink handkerchief that was being handed to him and he took it hesitantly. It was soft; Kyuhyun took the small piece of cloth and then looked at the girl’s eyes again; he wanted to smile at her but he found himself frozen and captivated by that big brown eyes.

The girl smiled sweetly at him when he took the handkerchief and that was when Kyuhyun noticed the beauty and perfection of her plump and pink lips; he felt the urge of kissing her and yet he couldn’t even take away his eyes from her; he knew he was probably gasping and drooling; but he didn’t care as the girl smiled at him.

It wasn’t any kind of smile; because Kyuhyun had sure seen the girl smile to the nothingness before; this smile was special because it was dedicated to him; only to Kyuhyun. And Kyuhyun felt special; he felt the world was finally complete because the smile was honest and mature; he had never liked mature girls but this one seemed so perfect; it was as if she was genuinely concern and Kyuhyun forgot for some minutes his problems as he fixed his gaze in the handkerchief he had in his hands; cursing at his clumsiness because he didn’t say a thing nor even smiled back and the girl just walked away.

Kyuhyun self palmed because he didn’t even offer the girl to carry her stuff and take her home. “She must think I’m an …” He whispered completely forgetting the fact that he just got dumped and that he was being mesmerized by the girl that did nothing but smile at him and walk away.

Kyuhyun sighed when he remembered the thick books in her arms and the white coat hanging in her thick back stuffed with more books. “She was probably having a hard time…” He mumbled letting his head fall in between his hands in despair; he was supposed to be a gentleman but he was a completely dork when he was in front of the girl.

Days passed and Kyuhyun came back to the same bench; to the same hour; just waiting for the girl to appear and pass by with her thick books and white coat hanging from her bag.

The light pink handkerchief was always in Kyuhyun’s hands; waiting to be returned to its owner; Kyuhyun would be nervous every time the clock hit the time the girl was going to pass by.

Six months passed; Kyuhyun was falling on despair. “Did I imagine you?” He would ask to the nothingness and he then would turn down the handkerchief in his hands; smiling weakly knowing the girl was real and he only needed to wait. The handkerchief was already worn out; because Kyuhyun would carry it wherever he went.

It was a spring day; the flowers of the trees in the park were already falling and Kyuhyun had magnificent news for the girl; he had practiced his words over and over again so he could introduce himself properly; he wanted the girl to know he was now in college; just like her; and that he was carrying thick books too.

That beautiful afternoon of may; Kyuhyun saw the girl walking slowly; there was only her bag hanging in her shoulder and her white coat hanging from it; Kyuhyun felt his heart pound fast as the girl looked at him and stopped her tracks; she smiled again and Kyuhyun stood up weakly; not even bothering in bringing his bag and books with him but leaving them in the bench.

The girl was looking at him softly; smiling honestly as he walked slowly towards her; gripping on the handkerchief so he could gain strength; he breathed in and out several times before being a few inches away from the girl that kept on smiling. Kyuhyun’s eyes locked its gaze with the girl’s and he too, smiled for her; only her.

Kyuhyun doesn’t remember when the last time he smiled that genuinely to someone was; but he was happy the girl was receiving that smile of his. “Hello.” Kyuhyun greeted with a husky voice; he was excited; he has been anticipating this moment for so much time already that he couldn’t ruin it by shuttering incoherent words.

“Hello.” The girl greeted back and Kyuhyun gulped at how beautiful the voice was; so soft and smooth; so pretty and clear.

Kyuhyun smiled brightly and extended his hand towards the girl; the handkerchief he valuated so much in his hands. “Thanks.” He said honestly and he couldn’t help but chuckle softly because the girl titled her head lightly in confusion. “You helped me a lot.” He said and the girl frowned lightly before turning her gaze down at the familiar handkerchief in the boy’s hands and smile softly.

“You can keep it.” She said smiling softly at Kyuhyun and pushing his hands towards him gently. “I hope you’re fine now.” She said honestly and Kyuhyun felt happiness run through his entire system; making him smile widely at the girl in front of him.

“I am.” Kyuhyun said clenching on the piece of cloth in his hands and saving it in his pocked softly.

The girl smiled too. “Keep on smiling.” She said. “It suits you.”

“I like your smile the best.” Kyuhyun said without really thinking his words and blushing lightly when he realized them; the girl blushed lightly but smiled nevertheless while Kyuhyun looked away awkwardly.

“Hyukjae.” Hyukjae extended her hand and Kyuhyun didn’t doubt before taking it softly and gently shaking it.

“Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun introduced himself and even when it wasn’t as he thought it would be; he couldn’t deny it was perfect that way. Her skin felt so soft that Kyuhyun wanted to keep on grabbing that hand for the rest of his life.

They stared at each other’s eyes intently for some seconds; smiling to the nothingness and not even letting their hands go from each other.

Kyuhyun gasped and felt a little disappointed when Hyukjae’s phone rang and she jumped going out of her trance. She smiled apologetically at Kyuhyun before taking her phone out and answering with a soft ‘Hello’ that didn’t make less that captivate Kyuhyun with Hyukjae’s sweetness.

“I should leave now.” Hyukjae said still smiling apologetically at Kyuhyun who just nodded looking directly at her brown and beautiful eyes.

Hyukjae started walking once again; Kyuhyun just turned around and watched her leave without a word; the silence was so comfortable Kyuhyun thought he could be like that forever; he smiled brighter when Hyukjae turned around and smiled at him. “It was really nice to meet you!” She yelled from meters away before waving her hand up in the air and smiling brightly.

Kyuhyun raised his hand and waved it to the air too. “Let’s meet some time again!” He yelled back and chuckled for himself when the girl nodded and turned around again; resuming her walking.

After so much work in the past months; it was really nice to Hyukjae to finally see the boy again; it was perfect and she blushed when she remembered that beautiful deep voice the other had; he wasn’t wearing uniform anymore and he definitely became more handsome; Hyukjae would probably not recognize him if the other didn’t smiled at her; she smiled because somehow she felt really good.

Kyuhyun came back and sat down on the bench; he was smiling like an idiot the whole time and he couldn’t do more than enjoy it. He looked at the hand he shook with Hyukjae and chuckled softly. “Hyukjae…” He whispered loving how the sound came out from his lips. “I hope we can meet again soon.” He said closing his fist and looking up the clear sky; watching the petals of the flowers fall down on his lap and shoulders.
   

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

    
Kyuhyun waited; this time he left the books in his car as he sat down on the bench that clearly marked his life; he stood up happily when he saw a familiar figure approaching; almost tripping over with the books she had in her arms. “May I help you?” He asked once he reached the girl.


Hyukjae looked at him a little shocked but smiled afterwards. “Thanks.” She said when Kyuhyun was already taking the books off her arms.

“You shouldn’t be carrying this stuff all the time; you can hurt your back.” Kyuhyun said; for him; it wasn’t that much effort; because he used to exercise quite often and no one could deny he was actually really strong.

Hyukjae smiled. “Because I need them…” She said referring to the books and starting walking towards the bench so Kyuhyun could rest as well.

When they were finally sitting there; side by side; Kyuhyun turned around and smiled without even thinking; he left the books in his side and he watched carefully how Hyukjae sat down gracefully. “Medicine fourth semester.” He said and Hyukjae looked at him shocked.

“H-How did you know?” Hyukjae asked blushing lightly at Kyuhyun’s intent stare.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “I’m in second semester.” He admitted and Hyukjae opened her eyes widely. “But I never had the chance to meet you in my first semester…” He continued and Hyukjae bit his lower lip.

“I did social service.” Hyukjae said. “You’ll have to do it next time as well.” She continued and Kyuhyun couldn’t feel happier when he noticed there was a taunt of sadness in Hyukjae’s voice.

“There’s still months before that.” Kyuhyun said standing up. “Come one.” He said extending his hand to Hyukjae. “I’ll take you home.” He offered and Hyukjae smiled brightly.

“Thanks.” She said reaching Kyuhyun’s hands and standing up when Kyuhyun pulled her softly. They walked silently; Kyuhyun carrying Hyukjae’s books and her back hanging on his shoulder. “We’re here.” Hyukjae announced feeling shy because she wasn’t carrying anything and Kyuhyun still smiled at her.

“I guess I have to bid goodbye now.” Kyuhyun chuckled bitterly.

Hyukjae bit her lower lip before sighing deeply and look at Kyuhyun’s eyes. “Would you like to have something to drink?” She asked hesitantly and Kyuhyun smiled brightly.

“Can I?” Kyuhyun asked before accepting; he nodded when Hyukjae nodded at him too.

As soon as Hyukjae closed the door and Kyuhyun placed the books in the small table in the living room; they went silent; not really knowing what to do next until Kyuhyun decided it was better if they were closer.

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun’s eyes and couldn’t help but lose herself in them; he has never seen those deep eyes so close and now she didn’t want to stop looking at them; she didn’t even flinch when Kyuhyun caressed her cheek with his thumb; she closed her eyes softly when he saw Kyuhyun leaning closer to her.

Their lips met and it was magical; soft; slow; there was no tongue and their lips moved softly. Kyuhyun’s free hand soon found Hyukjae’s and he intertwined their fingers together still in the kiss; Hyukjae left herself being lost in the beautiful sensations she was passing by and she opened her eyes softly when they broke apart.

Kyuhyun was looking at her and she blushed lightly; but she did nothing to hide it because hide would mean she wouldn’t see Kyuhyun’s eyes and she preferred the last.

They stared for some minutes; Kyuhyun’s fingers still intertwined with Hyukjae’s and the other hand caressing Hyukjae’s cheeks softly. “Do you believe in love at first sight?” He asked not breaking the eye contact.

Hyukjae smiled weakly. “Now I do.” She admitted and soon after; Kyuhyun smiled back and leaned closer again; sealing their lips together into a loving kiss where they didn’t need to say but to feel their thoughts.

Hyukjae kissed back instantly; loving how their lips fit perfectly together and how their hand shared beautiful warmth that reached their souls.

They broke apart softly and looking at each other’s eyes; their smiles cracked on their faces as Kyuhyun hugged Hyukjae tightly; he didn’t know what to say or what else to do; he just wanted to huge her and feel her beside him all the time; he felt happy when Hyukjae hugged him back and rested her head in his shoulder.

Kyuhyun started humming a song and soon after; they were dancing swaying their bodies softly at the sweet melody of Kyuhyun’s song; Hyukjae pushed away lightly and looked at Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“You’ve grown up.” She commented and Kyuhyun chuckled at the random comment. “No… I mean…” Hyukjae laughed at her own clumsiness. “I remember you were so young… and now…” She brushed her fingers by Kyuhyun’s forehead; taking away the locks that blocked her view. “Your eyes seem so contented and happy; so mature yet so pure…” She mumbled only looking at Kyuhyun’s eyes. “You’re taller…” She continued but her eyes were still n Kyuhyun’s. “And your hair is longer than I remember... did you always have muscles?” She asked giggling because she felt a little stupid.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Of course I changed.” He said and his hand found its way to Hyukjae’s waist. “I somehow found something that is worth for me.” He said and Hyukjae smiled at him when he pulled her closer to his body. “Would you believe me if I tell you that I love you?” Kyuhyun asked leaning closer and Hyukjae chuckled closing the gap between them until their lips were merely touching.

“I wouldn’t.” She said. “But there’s always a way to convince me.” She closed the distance and initiated another soft kiss between them; sealing the silent deal they made of being together.
   

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

    
And so there they were; Kyuhyun sitting under a beautiful shadow; resting his back in the huge tree with open legs; Hyukjae between them; her back in his chest as both of them read their respective books.


Kyuhyun rested his chin in Hyukjae’s shoulder and stole soft and chaste kisses from time to time; they didn’t need to do anything else; just being there; sitting by each other’s side and reading their difficult books.

Hyukjae sighed when she felt tired and threw her head at Kyuhyun’s shoulder; closing her eyes and smiling when Kyuhyun closed his own book and hugged her tightly; his hands in her tummy; holding her steady and humming a song for her.

It’s been two years since they met; Kyuhyun made sure to past all his subjects as quick as possible so he could have some classes with Hyukjae; he had gone already to his social service and Hyukjae waited for him in the same bench he did years ago.

Kyuhyun still carried the handkerchief in his pocket and Hyukjae still smiled every time Kyuhyun did.

They both learned from each other; they understood they couldn’t be glued the entire time; Kyuhyun found himself amazed every time he told Hyukjae he loved her because it was always difficult for him; still; with Hyukjae in the middle; his words would slip out of his mouth even without him noticing; Hyukjae would smile every time and say ‘I love you’ back at him; making him feel the luckiest boy in earth.

Of course; there was an age difference; but Kyuhyun learnt to be himself in front of Hyukjae; he wouldn’t look at anyone else even for a second because no one was as perfect as the girl he used to see every day in his last year of high school; at the girl who would smile just because he was happy; the girl with thick books and beautiful eyes; the girl that made him change totally because he wanted to and not because she asked him to; the girl he moved in with a year ago already and the girl he liked to watch while she was sleeping peacefully.

Kyuhyun was sure, that even at his young age; he was in love with Hyukjae; the one that took care of him when he got sick; the one that helped him study until late at night and the one who kissed him goodnight softly; giving him a kiss in his lips before cuddling in his chest to sleep.

Hyukjae wasn’t everything; he understood; but she was what Kyuhyun cared for the most. He realized when there is real love you can’t only kiss and hug the one you love; he realized being in love means thinking about them as one and do his best to go on taking her by the hand.

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and backed away a little just so he could see the beautiful girl with tired, beautiful eyes; plum red lips and light dark circles around her eyes; he smiled at how perfect it was for him to see the sight; Hyukjae wasn’t perfect but he wasn’t either and she accepted him like that.

Kyuhyun’s eyes landed on the brilliant ring in Hyukjae’s finger and his heart pounded in anticipation; because he was going to make sure after they finished their career; he would make Hyukjae the most beautiful bride the world has ever seen.

“I like your smile.” Hyukjae would answer when Kyuhyun asked her why she smiled a lot. “You being happy makes me feel worthy.” She said and Kyuhyun promised himself to always give Hyukjae his best smiles.

Kyuhyun would chuckle when he remembered those times when he used to buy a flower almost every day just to make his girlfriend happy; Hyukjae wasn’t like that; she was mature enough as to know already Kyuhyun’s heart; and Kyuhyun was happy enough with Hyukjae only smiling.

The flowers were replaced by nights spent together studying for their tests and cuddling each other when they were free; cookies were replaced with beautiful and sincere smiles that meant even a lot more than that.

“I love you.” Kyuhyun said closing his eyes and inhaling the beautiful scent of the girl in his arms; the breeze rubbing their cheeks and making them feel alive.

“I love you too.” Hyukjae answered turning her head slightly and closing her eyes when Kyuhyun leaned closer to capture her lips with his; a kiss; it never meant so much for Kyuhyun until he met Hyukjae.

Love is unexpected; and love can always be found in different ways; there might be the first love; but the one that matters is the last one; love is smile and love is understanding; love is when both parties care for the other and share their thoughts; love is pain and love is waiting; love can mean to accept the other’s defects and learn to love them as well; love is walking hand in hand thinking how lucky they are to have each other….

Kyuhyun smiled to the sky still holding Hyukjae close to him. “Love is you Hyukkie.” He said softly at Hyukjae’s ears as the girl smiled brightly and kissed his cheek.

“Love is us.” She answered and Kyuhyun kissed her forehead lovingly.

Love is to help and love is to smile; love comes and love goes; love is passion and love is to leave.

Love is love; love is sweet.
   

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
   

A/N: I thought I had already posted this but when I looked for it I couldn't find it! O.o

So well... I post it just in case you didn't read or something! hehehehe xD