Destiny

Destiny

 

 

You sighed as you lie down on your bed. Finally, you are in the comfort of your room. You never want to get up again and face the same misery. This day has been nothing but trouble. Despite this, you still managed to smile at the thought of it ending, at the thought of getting a goodnight sleep after all these. "If I still have that locket that mom gave me, this day was probably the opposite." you said. That locket seemed to be your lucky charm. You always had it on but a few years ago, you've lost it. You didn't know when or where or how. You tried looking for it everywhere but you can't see it. You were picturing how hard you looked for it until you fell asleep.

 

You woke up with a loud knock on the door. Of course, who else could it be. You immediately opened the door. "You do realize how long i've waited, right? A person like me should never be the one waiting." he greeted you. You smiled and bowed your head, "Well i'm sorry, Almight Key. You are early today." He sat down on the couch and said, "Didn't you remember? Our class will start earlier today." You facepalmed and said, "Oh yeah! I forgot." You hurried over to your room and got ready. "What's taking you so long?" Key shouted impatiently. "Just a minute." you replied. You run downstairs. You were locking the door when Key suddenly said, "Oh I forgot something." Key just live next door. "Oh okay. Go on." you said. You both went in. As he was in his room, your eyes are wandering through the sala. Then you saw something familiar. You asked, "Key~ah! Where did you get that locket?" He looked to where you're pointing at and said, "Ah this? I found this somewhere a few years ago." You were shocked when you saw it clearly. It was really your mom's locket. " I think I found this on the bench in the park. I can't seem to find the owner. Then I suddenly felt like keeping it. So yeah." he explained before grabbing your hand and dragged you to the bus station. "Come on. We're gonna be late." he hurriedly said.

 

You are now sitting in class. The teacher is discussing something you don't really understand because you were thinking of something else. You were thinking how did Key found it. Did he stole it? No! Why would he do that? and besides you haven't met that diva until you were in college and you were only in high school when you lost it. You are disturbed from your thoughts by the ringing of the clas bell. You went outside and met Key, as usual. You always have lunch together. He was talking about something that irritated him during class. He suddenly stopped and frowned. You noticed him and asked why. "Ya! Why aren't you listening to me?" he complained. "Ah.. Oh.. I'm sorry." you replied. "What is it that you are thinking? Is there something more important than what I am telling you?" he complained again. "Ah.. It's about that locket earlier." you confessed. "Huh? Why? What' wrong?" Key asked. "It's mine." you replied. He was shocked but immediately smiled and said, "Oh? That's why I felt like keeping it." He went to the counter to order your food and left you confused. You still didn't get what he meant and kept on thinking about it until he got back. "Here we go" he said as he started to eat. "I'll be giving you the locket back later. he said. You nodded and started to eat too.

 

You are now laying down on your bed. You are staring at your mom's locket. "I can't believe after all these years that you're gone, you were just next door." you said to the locket. "And to think that of all people, it is my best friend who kept you?" you said. "Ahhh. I get it." you smiled. "You were my really my lucky charm after all."