It's Time To Say Goodbye.

Time To Say Goodbye

“JunHyung” MinKyung called his name, sighing. She was walking alone in the hallway and classes were long over. The halls were empty; nothing could be heard but her footsteps, one after another. Her long brown hair reached below her shoulders, swaying to the sides with each step she made. Carrying her books with her right hand and her bag hanging from her left arm, she peered in each classroom to see if she could find him.


Though she was looking for him, she already knew what he was most likely doing. He was probably making out with some random girl he found attractive. JunHyung was infamous for his amorous conquests, his constant flirting, and of course for his good looks. She knew very well that those characteristics of him were immutable. In fact, she had already tried changing him, telling him to do it for her. He just couldn’t though and MinKyung had honestly give up already; she could care less.


But the strange thing was this: MinKyung wasn’t exactly attracted to him—at all. So why was she looking for him?


[-FLASHBACK-]


MinKyung walked down the hall, unsure of where she was going. She just needed to relax and take a deep breath. The sound of the redundant footsteps behind her made her feel uncomfortable, but she was afraid to turn back. She clutched onto the books she was holding even harder, seeking to find comfort that way. The footsteps however, kept on following her, getting nearer with each second.


She bumped into someone suddenly, almost bouncing back onto the floor. An arm tightly wrapped itself around her waist, preventing her from falling. She slowly opened her eyes to look up into the eyes of someone she knew well, feeling nervous from just being near him. “DongWoon.”

He smiled, letting go of her, “Kwenchana? Are you okay?” Nervous, she stuttered as she answered, “Y-yes.”


She was suddenly pulled back into a pair of arms, her head being buried under the crook of a neck. A warm hand began to rub her back and she looked up, frightened. “JunHyung.” He grinned at her, showing his white teeth. She gasped and her head turned to face both of them, back and forth.


“What’s the matter babe?”

The word babe made her cringe, had he really just called her that? This guy had been pursuing her, day and night, 24/7. All the girls swooned for him, claiming he was the ‘man’ for them. Well, they could have him, she really wouldn’t mind. Of course, they’d call her crazy if she said that. It really amazed her how many fangirls a normal guy could have.


She glared back at him menacingly, letting him know she didn’t like how he called her that. JunHyung ignored her, shooting glares instead at DongWoon, someone he considered his ‘rival.’

DongWoon, clearly unaffected, pulled JunHyung’s arm off of MinKyung with a frown, “Why are you here?”

MinKyung opened to object; to tell him that JunHyung was just being a jerk like usual, but no words came out of . Not one.


“I’m here to get my girlfriend.”


She jerked her head up, her eyes widening. What had this guy just said? Had she heard right? “B—bu”

“Girlfriend? I don’t think she really wants to be with you right now.”

“Oh yeah?” JunHyung wrapped his arm around MinKyung’s shoulders, bringing her closer. Nervous, she had no response; all she could do was just stare into space, wondering why exactly this was happening to her now. JunHyung smirked, taking advantage of MinKyung’s insecurity and planted a quick kiss on her forehead, right in front of DongWoon.

DongWoon raised an eyebrow, trying to show JunHyung he could care less when he really felt a surge of jealousy. Boy, he wanted to swing both of his fists across JunHyung’s ‘pretty’ little face, leaving purple bruises. “Girlfriend? Yah, are you sure that you’re not just wishing that would be true?”

JunHyung chuckled, balling his hands into fists before cockily replying, “Sure DongWoon, whatever.” He then turned to MinKyung with a strange look in his eyes, “MinKyung-ah, it’s not like you like DongWoon, or do you?”


Awakened from a daze, MinKyung shot her head to face the now smiling JunHyung. Her cheeks turned a bright shade of red as she raised her hands up, “Ann-Anniyo!!”

DongWoon took her words too seriously, thinking that maybe she really was with JunHyung. He let out a sigh and smiled, trying to hide the disappointment, the sadness. “Well then, have fun you two. Don’t get into trouble.”


Snaking his arm around MinKyung’s small waist, JunHyung gave him a wink, “Oh, I can’t promise that…”


End of Flashback


She sighed, blowing the tips of her bangs away from her forehead as she thought over the entire situation. From that moment she’d, well I guess you could say they had started going out. Yet at the same time, it was nothing really serious either. They hadn’t kissed or any other kind of affection similar to that.

The only thing was that JunHyung was very possessive of her. He’d make sure not one guy talked to her, if possible, not even look at her. This recent kind of behavior frightened her for she never knew what he’d do next.

If the word ‘DongWoon’ escaped from her lips, he’d go insane. JunHyung knew that she still had feelings for DongWoon, those feelings had never gone away and if anything, they had gotten stronger.

DongWoon, she hadn’t seen him since that unfortunate day, the one where JunHyung had ruined it all. Though she blamed herself more for not having said anything in her defense. It surprised her how she hadn’t seen him at all, not even a short glimpse of his back. Had JunHyung made him disappear from his sight?

“Aish, molla.”



DongWoon’s POV


I pulled up my hood as I laid my head against the tree outside, behind the school. I had grown used to this place. No one really knew about it and it was so quiet. Every day instead of going to class, I’d come out here and just sit around, not really do much. I couldn’t go back for I was afraid, afraid of having to face JunHyung, or worse, MinKyung.

The issue of those two dating—I still was not completely sure whether it was true or false. If true, it would be horrible. How could MinKyung go out with that—that womanizer! He was not worth of her, heck he couldn’t even stick to one girl for a day and I’m most definitely sure that he can’t stick to MinKyung. But if he were lying, why hadn’t she said anything? Why hadn’t she just said that she was with no one? The only words that she had uttered were the very ones I had not wanted to hear.

“Ann-Anniyo!”

I can still remember the expression on her face, the way her eyes had widened in horror. Why couldn’t she like me the way I had?


JunHyung’s POV


The girl straddled my lap, leaning close to me, her s crushed tightly against my chest. My eyes couldn’t help but wander to her cleavage, my mouth slowly smirking. Her lips brushed carefully against mine, biting my lips playfully, and she moaned, placing her hand in between by legs.

I suddenly thought of her. MinKyung. Imagining her lips against mine, her thinking of me, only me. Shutting my eyes, I really wished it were MinKyung doing this to me, not this random ty chick.

The girl clicked her tongue, cupping my chin with one of her hands, “What are you thinking of baby? Me?”

Ha, fat chance.

Smirking, I whispered in her ear, “Get off me .”

Her eyes widened; she hadn’t expected such a response from me. Her cheeks turned dark red and she reached her hand out, meaning for it to collide against my cheek. Too bad for her, I had already seen it coming and grabbed her hand, pushing her off me to the floor.

“You’re so damn predictable.”


Once she left, I sighed, leaning my head against the window. A feeling of guilt overcame me and it all lead to MinKyung once again.

I’d known all along that she’d had feelings for that guy DongWoon, the way she’d smile from just hearing his name. Whenever he’d come up to her, it was like her eyes shone, they danced just for him.

Why couldn’t they be the same way for me?

I remembered vividly how I had snatched her away from DongWoon, lying that she was my girlfriend. What still frustrates me to this moment is how she didn’t say anything at all when I’d said she was with me. She had not denied it nor had she admitted it, well, I wish she had agreed to going out with me.

I chuckled as I thought of how stubborn she always was; it was so cute seeing her say no over and over again.

Now how did a player like me fall in love with her?

Even I don’t know the answer to that question. It started all that one day after the basketball game.


--Flashback--


Sweat was pouring down my forehead and I was panting from running out on the court during the basketball game. Girls had been cheering, calling out my name more than the other players, something I guess you could say I was proud of. A towel was wound around my neck and I was walking out of the boy’s locker room when a small body crashed into mine.

My immediate reaction was to wrap an arm around the other’s waist to keep her from falling down. She wriggled out of my grasp, looking up at me in confusion. Her cheeks then turned a bright shade of red as she realized where she was.

“Oh my, where have I come?”

I raised an eyebrow, suspicious whether she’d come on purpose or if it really had been an accident. From the look in her eyes, I supposed that she was saying the truth.

“I’m so sorry. I should go now…” She turned away, ready to run out of here when my hand caught hers, startling her.

“It’s okay. I’ll help you find your way.”

“No! I’m fine. I know how to get around the school, thank you very much.”

Chuckling, I smiled at her; this girl was really different from the others I’d met. She wasn’t all over me and treated me like someone normal. I wasn’t “that hot boy” to her, I wonder if she even considered me as attractive.

“Yeah, well I’m going.”

This time she did walk away, her back facing me, and in less than a minute, she was gone. I sighed and hoped I’d see her again someday.


She had appeared so beautiful that day. I remembered that moment we shared for the next few days, lost in my own world. When I had finally seen her again, I’d made sure to remember her name, the classes she took, and even the spot she ate lunch at.


I then stood up, walked out of the classroom, surprised when I saw her walking down the hallway, looking for me. Hiding behind a corner, I instantly felt bad for hiding from her. But it was worse to be with her—the love I felt was one-sided and I knew that. She’d never be mine. All I was to her was someone who wanted to own her, make sure no one else could have her, especially not DongWoon. Just even thinking of him makes my blood rush.


But perhaps, he may be the better one for her. I never did stand a chance between them. All I did was become an obstacle, hurt the one I really cared for, and make a nuisance of myself.

I had used her. Made her my toy, my beloved toy that even now I still didn’t want to let go of. Now however, it was time to set her free.



MinKyung’s POV


I gave up looking for JunHyung. Instead a girl had come up to me, one of those that JunHyung messed around with, hissing at me. What a strange thing. I wondered what was up with her. Ignoring her, I walked outside to the trees, not knowing why I was, but something was beckoning me to there.


My eyes widened when I saw DongWoon with his eyes closed, peacefully resting against the tree. So this was where he had been disappearing to recently. I smiled from just seeing him, remembering the time we met, the first and only time my heart started to beat for another person.


--Flashback--


DongWoon groaned as I wrote down the equation, trying to solve it on my own. Annoyed, I looked up at him, “What?”

“I’ve been watching you for the past ten minutes and everything you’ve written on your paper is completely wrong.”

“Moh?” Everything…wrong? I had already done most of the math problems, thinking I’d finally be free to do whatever I wanted—mostly sleep.

“Yah, don’t you learn in this class?” He crumpled up the paper I had worked so hard on, throwing it in the trashcan, showing no remorse at all.

“YAH! My paper!”

“Here, I’ll work with you on them and help you understand them. So pay attention.”

I had nothing else to do but listen and pay attention, watch him write the numbers in such a manner that I must admit helped me understand. After the first, he let go of his pencil, turning to me. “What’s your name?”

“MinKyung…why?”

“I’m DongWoon. I’ll be your math buddy from now on.” He patted my head playfully, smirking at the scowl on my face.

I then laughed, covering my mouth with my hand, “Math buddy?”

“Yah! Why are you laughing at your savior?”

“DongWoon, you’re so weird.”

“Why you~!” He slapped my shoulder and I secretly smiled to myself, my new math buddy, interesting…


My face was right in front of his and I gasped when his eyes suddenly opened, turning away, ready to run away like the coward I was. I must have gotten too carried away as I reminisced.

“Wait!” His arm pulled me back, making me face him, something I didn’t really want to do. “Why are you here?”

“I was walking…and saw you…”

“Why aren’t you with JunHyung? Your boyfriend.”

Did I note a bit of jealousy in the way he said boyfriend? I was probably just telling myself that, being the love struck fool I am. “We’re not together, we never were.”

“But, he said so. And you never denied it…”

“Oh, that? I was too shocked to say anything. JunHyung was just being annoying like usual.” I smiled when I said his name, I don’t even know why. I suddenly realized that though I had never felt anything romantic towards JunHyung, I’d cared for him very much as a friend. He wasn’t a really bad guy. He just seemed confused, lost about many things in general.

“That idiot.”

“Yah, don’t be mean.”

DongWoon raised an eyebrow, “Don’t tell me you like him now.”

“Anniyo, he’s just a friend. I just don’t like the idea of you calling him that.”

“Then what does that make me? Why were you sneaking up on me like that? Were you planning on…kissing me?”

I could feel my whole body become warm and looked down, “I didn’t sneak up on you…”

“I’m playing. Relax~”


“DongWoon—”

“MinKyung—”

The two of us laughed, telling the other to say what they needed to. As expected, we both chickened out, becoming silent once more.


“Just tell each other how you feel already.”


DongWoon raised an eyebrow, rolling his eyes when he saw who it was.

I turned, startled to hear that voice. “JunHyung?”

He smirked, raising his hand as a greeting, “That’s my name.”

“What are you doing here?”

“You guys heard me, right? Hurry and say that you guys like each other already.”

“Yahh~” I hissed at him, narrowing my eyes. How could he betray me like that?

“You like me?” DongWoon turned his head, waiting for a reply.

For a few seconds, I couldn’t respond, no words came out of my mouth. I suddenly caught on what JunHyung had meant, “Wait, you like me?”

“Uhh…”

JunHyung snorted, pushing me into him. He then walked away, turning back to me with a warm smile, one I’d never seen before. He waved at DongWoon, “Take good care of her. If you hurt her, I’ll break you.”


Thank you, Junhyung. Thank you for everything.


JunHyung’s POV


My heart hurts for letting you go, but at the same time it can beat once more for your happiness. I hope you can forgive me for hurting you so much before.


Now it’s time for you to tell me goodbye, for the very last time.