Ask me a kiss

Cliché Kiss

 

Minah squealed as she giddily skips towards someone’s house. It was Saturday and her crush needed her to tutor for him at Math. Actually, their teacher wanted her to teach him and of course, her crush was stubborn. She was the perfect A student at every class and almost everyone looks up to her.

Taking every step towards their porch, she rang their doorbell with a big friendly smile, not wanting to wait to see her one and only.

The door opened and there revealed-

“Myungsoo oppa!” she smiled, giving him a wave. Actually, these two were quite close and act like best friends only that they only hang out once in a while.

Myungsoo slightly smiled back, “Hey.” He motioned his hand back as he open the door wider, indicating her to come in.

Minah nodded politely and skipping inside his house. She never really went in his house, just this time. She looked around, getting warm at the soothing colors and decorations inside. Their things were modern and the colors were the soothing type of coffee.

Myungsoo closed the door and leant on it, eyeing Minah with a usual smirk, as if a smile, on his charming face. Minah looked back at him and saw his hypnotizing playful smile, causing her to blush, “So… ready for tutoring?”

This caused Myungsoo’s arms to fall from his chest as a groan escaped his lips, obviously saying he doesn’t want to learn. For goodness sakes, it’s the weekend! Minah laughed at his little antic, “Come on. You know you need knowledge.”

Myungsoo’s frown deepened, “I know that but it’s Saturday. You know… the day when you have fun & get your head out of school stress?”

Minah rolled her eyes at him when he had implied she didn’t know anything about having fun, “Kim Myungsoo, I don’t only study. You know that, right?”

The boy shrugged and walked past her to the living room; Minah followed.

“Myungsoo!” a womanly voice called from the kitchen. “Who was at the door?”

Myungsoo sat comfortably on the couch as he bellowed back, “It’s my friend who’s going to tutor me, umma.”

“Oh.” She squeaked. There was silence until footsteps can be heard. A head poked from outside the living room with a giddy smile, “OH! It’s a girl.” Her smile turned slyly

Minah blushed, her logics running fast; thinking her crush’s mother thought as she was his girlfriend. Myungsoo’s cheeks also tinted a light pink before he sent his mother a childish glare, “Umma… she’s not my girlfriend…” he muttered, darkly- as if he was uncomfortable.

But his mother only gave him a giggle, “Ara, ara. Oh, but before you start, Myungsoo-ah. Can you get drop by the supermarket? I need some things.”

Myungsoo sighed, “How about Joe?”

“Aigoo. Stop being lazy. Your cousin’s sleeping.” She scolded lightly as she handed him the list

He groaned, “Fine.” He said, defeated as he stood up from his couch, taking the list

Minah stood up as well, “I’ll come.” She smiled

Mrs. Kim turned her head at her, “Are you sure darling? We can chat while we wait for him to come and then I’ll bake your some cake,” she offered as she wink playfully

Minah giggled and shook her head politely, “You seem busy and I don’t want to disturb.”

“Aigoo. Arasso. I guess couples just can’t leave without each other.” She teased, walking off back to the kitchen while the two blushed furiously

“U-Umma! I told you we’re not dating!”

“Mhm~”

Myungsoo sighed and turned to Minah, “Are you sure you wanna trail along? I’m just gonna use my feet and it’s a long way to the market.”

Minah flashed a teasing smile, “You don’t want me going with you, don’t you?”

Myungsoo was brought up immediately at her question thus instantly shaking his head, “No. No. I’m just saying… I mean… you’re my guest and… I don’t want you to do some errands, you know?” he stammered with slight nervousness

The girl giggled subtly, “It’s okay. You can treat me like family.” She smiled warmly

The raven-haired boy returned the smile, “Okay then. Let’s go.” He commanded, going out to the door while Minah followed behind.

Myungsoo closed the fence’s door behind him and started walking with Minah beside him.

“You know I treat my family in a not-so-friendly way.” He admitted honestly. As if to warn the short girl that he might just hit her on the arm when she doesn’t listen.

Minah glanced at him with a sly smile and then looked away, “I guess we have a lot of common then,”

This caused Myungsoo to laugh with amusement, “How would you know? We barely hang out together and we don’t know much of each other.”

“Yet.” Minah sent a wink to him and heaved out a relaxed sigh, swinging her hand back and fro, “We act like close friends enough. Only that we need to get to know each other better.”

Myungsoo slipped his hands into his pockets and walked comfortably, “Yeah? Okay, let’s play 21 questions.”

“You mean 20 questions?”

“No, I meant what I said,” he replied with sneakiness

Minah laughed, “Arasso. You first,”

He nodded as he drifts his head away to think, “Alright. What’s your favorite color?”

“How cliché,” she teased, “Red.”

Myungsoo’s amusement meter went up by two centimeters, “Hmm.” Then thought about what she had said earlier, “Well this is a game following to get to know each other,”

“Right. My turn.” She then paused to think. Actually, she quite knows already a lot about him, considering she does have a slight-stalker-ish crush on the boy. The only question she would want to ask about is his ideal girl, but she doesn’t want to be obvious. “What’s your favorite color?” she ended up asking

Myungsoo chuckled, his meter going up by 4, “Blue… but I like red as well,” he answered

“Ha! Another thing in common,” Minah grinned cheerfully

The taller boy laughed again and they continued until a rain drop fell on Minah’s arm. As she noticed this, she stopped at the 18th question and looked up at the sky; more drops fell as it started raining. She gasped and this also caught Myungsoo’s attention. They ran towards a bus stop wait and shielded themselves from the rain.

“Ugh. How distracting.” Myungsoo groaned, not really liking how the rain stopped their little game. He was just getting to know her better until the sky started crying.

Minah watched the sky and the people running around to get to somewhere they won’t get wet. Some even started playing in the rain! Minah laughed as she watched a mother scold her son who was about to run over and dance under the crying sky, getting Myungsoo’s attention. He watched her as a smile started forming on his lips. Suddenly, she spoke, “Do you like rain?”

Myungsoo acted immediately and jumped on his seat, clearing his throat and hoping she didn’t notice him staring at her, “Uh... yeah, sure.” ‘But not now actually,’ he thought, sighing as he thought that the rain had defeated him from taking Minah’s attention away from their get-to-know-each-other amusement. Minah had asked him a question already, he knew that but he was afraid to take Minah’s focus away from the rain she’s having fun with.

Minah continued to watch until her mind started working back again and remember about their game, “Oh, right! The game!”

Myungsoo beamed at her sudden words, “It’s my turn.” He burst instantly. He couldn’t wait to ask her this one question he’s wanted to ask

Minah blinked, “Eh? No, it isn’t! It’s mine.” She protested, frowning

Myungsoo laughed, “Nuh-uh~ you asked if I liked rain and I answered,”

Minah scoffed but her lips deepened into a pout. Myungsoo smiled at her cute act but continued asking, “So Minah…” he started, scooting closer to her as his arm passed hers “What’s your ideal guy?” he muttered so softly that it made Minah naturally blush

“Uh… well…” she looked away shyly, “There’s this one guy I like and… well… he’s cute. Actually mysterious outside but that’s what makes him look adorable for me and also cool. He may not be very good at that one subject but its okay. We don’t hang out a lot but he treats me as if we’ve known each other since birth. He’s a sweet guy once you get to know him and…” she paused, looking back at Myungsoo with a small smile and soft eyes, “We have a lot of common.”

Myungsoo was staring at her softly all the time and when she had looked back, his eyes still looked the same; romantic, soft & touched. When Minah had blushed and looked down with shyness he continued to look at her. He already knew who this guy is, he’s not that oblivious.

Minah cleared , getting much more awkward when Myungsoo continued to be quiet and stare at her. Her other half also did not wait to ask the question she’s been willing to ask since it would be normal since he already brought it up. “Well, what’s yours?”

His lips were brought into a smile and started, “Well… she would be very beautiful. Has a nice heart and wouldn’t act as if she’s an obsessed fangirl even though she is. I wouldn’t want her to act like the admirers back in school. She would have a sense of humor but knows how to be serious when needed. Acts cute without her knowing. Honest, Ready with everything, intelligent and…” he paused, nudging her to make her look at him, “Have lots of common with me.”

Minah looked back at him with a shy smile. She was about to comment about how it was sweet & that they had another thing in common but then Myungsoo cut her off, “My turn.” He said, leaning close to her face, making her blush harder, “How would you like your first kiss to be?” he whispered with ease as if it was a normal thing to ask, especially when you’re with the opposite gender and your lips are just inches away.

Minah’s eyes widened at the sudden question, “N-Ne?” she didn’t want him to repeat anything, she was just very surprised.

Myungsoo’s smile turned into a teasing smirk. He pulled her up, walking out of the bus stop seats and checked to see if there were cars passing by(luckily, they stopped on a street) before going over to the middle of the road. Minah gasped in surprise while she allowed to be pulled, “M-Myungsoo oppa…”

He didn’t need to response to that and so he placed her in front of him and rested his hands on her shoulders, leaning close again, “Like this?” he asked. Minah was confused at first but then surprised when he leaned in to kiss her gently.

Myungsoo smiled at the kiss as he brought his hands on her waist while Minah kissed back and circled her arms over his neck.

Meanwhile, some people around them watched with surprise at the sudden sight and some even shared ‘Aww’s’. Also, 6 male teenagers were standing on the sidewalks when they had seen the two kiss. The tallest boy of all squinted his eyes and gasped, pointing over to the couple, “Yah, isn’t that Myungsoo?” his voice naturally cracked in surprise

Everyone looked his way and paused, being surprised it was their friend, “Whoa. And that’s Minah!”

“Finally!” Woohyun exclaimed as they started clapping and cheering

“GO MYUNGSOO, MY MAN!” Sungyeol whistled

Now, everyone who was watching had joined the six and clapped for them then the two broke apart. Myungsoo’s cheeks lit pink while Minah’s face was burning. They gave each other smiles before leaning their heads over with each other.

“Hey,” Minah started as a sneaky smile formed on her lips, “I haven’t asked my last question yet.”

Myungsoo chuckled, “What is it then?”

“Who… do you like?”

“Are you this oblivious or wasn’t I obvious enough?”

Minah pouted and punched his arm. Myungsoo laughed, “What? You still don’t know?”

“Well, my lips would love to show you who.”