015

Julia (Hiatus)

Minyoung sadly smiled at the couples who were holding hands together.

 

‘Minyoung-ah, why the long face?’ Myungsoo asked.

 

‘Nothing oppa.’ Minyoung tried to smiled.

 

They were out of town as Myungsoo wanted to spend time together with Minyoung. Minyoung reluctantly agreed but with the condition of going somewhere that was far away from the people they knew.

 

They practically travelled two hours for dukbokki that they could easily obtain within 5 minutes near their school.

 

 But Myungsoo understood her.

 

That is why Minyoung was slowly falling for Myungsoo.

 

She knew she wasn’t allow to as Myungsoo was the perfect definition for perfect while she’s just plain Minyoung.

 

If only she knew how wrong was she.

 

But that didn’t stop her from liking him. She loved those butterfly feelings that was caused by Myungsoo and she didn’t want it to stop.

 

The simple gestures Myungsoo does make her heart go crazy.

 

He would be the last person she talks to and the first person she would talk to when she gets up. She would be happy just at the thought of liking him.

 

Even though it is one-sided. 

 

Can someone slap her and tell her that it’s not one-sided?

 

I’m getting frustrated.

 

At first she thought what she was feeling was admiration but when days pass by, it turned into something bigger.

 

Love.

 

Even her dad noticed that she had become much happier and he was glad for his daughter.

 

The two of them were eating when Minyoung suddenly noticed a small boy around the age of eight.

 

Minyoung suddenly ordered extra serving of dukbokki, much to Myungsoo’s surprise.

 

What people didn’t know that Minyoung is actually a poor eater but Myungsoo knew.

 

The stall lady gave Minyoung and she got up and went to the boy who was eyeing the dukbokki with Myungsoo trailing behind her.

 

‘Hey you go.’ Minyoung smiled, giving it to the boy.

 

The little boy gratefully took the dukbokki from her and ate hungrily.

 

After he ate, he thanked Minyoung and was about to leave.

 

‘Why did you run away?’ Minyoung unexpectedly asked.

 

Everyone was puzzle except for the little boy.

 

‘My umma don’t love me anymore. She loves my dongseng more.’ The little boy looked down in angry.

 

‘What makes you think that?’ Minyoung asked gently.

 

‘I wanted to show my test paper but umma was busy feeding Hani.’ Tears flowed down the boy’s cheek.

 

‘Is Hani your baby sister?’

 

The little boy nodded.

 

‘Do you love her?’

 

The little boy nodded.

 

‘Then why are you running away? Because your mum didn’t give her attention to you?’

 

The boy kept quiet.

 

‘Your mum will miss you. I know that.’

 

‘Will your mum miss you, noona?’ He asked silently.

 

‘I don’t have a mum. She died.’ Minyoung smiled.

 

Myungsoo knew she was hurting inside at the thought of her mother.

 

 ‘Mianhae, noona.’

 

‘Kenchana, Hani will miss you too.’

 

Silence.

 

‘Do you want to go back?’ Minyoung asked.

 

The boy nodded.

 

‘But before that, let’s eat dukbokki. I can see you’re still hungry.’

 

Minyoung dragged the boy to the stall earlier and ordered for the little boy.

 

The lady who sold the dukbokki praised Minyoung to Myungsoo.

 

‘She has a beautiful heart.’ She complimented when Minyoung and the kid was chatting animatedly.

 

‘She is beautiful inside and out.’ Myungsoo stated.

***

‘Henry! You made me worry.’ The mother hugged and cried.

 

‘I’m sorry umma.’ He returned the hugged.

 

The lady thanked Minyoung and Myungsoo and the two of them headed back home.

 

They were walking side by side in silence when Myungsoo started the conversation.

 

‘A penny for your thought.’

 

‘I ran away from home when I was small. It was after my mother’s funeral.’ Minyoung tried not to cry.

 

‘I was childish. I blamed my dad for not keeping her alive so I decided to punish him.’

 

‘You were young at that time.’ Myungsoo comforted her.

 

‘Yeah, my dad was horrible when I saw him. Someone my dad knew brought me back. My dad wasn’t angry with me at all.’ Minyoung laughed humorlessly.

 

‘Of course, he wouldn’t. You’re daddy’s little girl.’

 

Minyoung smiled.

 

Oppa, you’re making me fall for you even deeper.

 

But I don’t mind.


Can someone kill that clueless girl for me?

Just kidding.

I wrote this chapter because i didn't want the readers to think that Myungsoo has no effect on Minyoung.