Our Presents

Our Presents

----------------------------------------------------------

*Your POV*

Feeling numb on all my body was the pain for me. No one knew how hurt it was.Top of FormIt was like I didn't own my body at all. My body didn't follow what my brain asked to do. I couldn't move my hands, my leg, even opened my eyes. It was too hard to do it. My effort to open my mouth, trying to speak was useless. All I could do was only breathing with this oxygen mask. My life became different with before. I couldn't live properly. Was I alive or died? Am I in coma?
‎"____-ah, please wake up! We need you.."
Was it my name? ____? That voice sounded sad. I could hear it, but I couldn't respond it. God, what's wrong with me? I felt a hand tapping my forehand carefully. But I couldn't respond it, still.
‎"I will do whatever you want to. I'll cook with you, we will wash our clothes together. We will do house chores together. Please, wake up.."
I didn't know why that voice would give me a spirit to keep surviving.
*End of Your POV*

----------------------------------------------------------

 

*Author POV*
"Mr. Lee. Let her take a rest first. We will check her condition again." the doctor said.
"You must go home, Gikwang-ah. Eomma will take care of her." mother of guy named Shim Gikwang patted her son's shoulder.
She was so worried looking at her son's condition. He looked lifeless. There was a black circle under his eyes. And he lost his weight.
He didn't care with himself. He only thought about the one who lied down on that bed. His wife.
"But, I want to be the one who was beside her when she opened her eyes first."
"Don't make it worst. Just take a rest, come here again tomorrow. No buts." Actually his mother knew what he thought. But she couldn't let her son got sick, "If you're sick, you couldn't take care of her."
‎"Fine." Gikwang sighed. It's hard to leave her in that condition, coma.
"Eomma will call you if she awakes." she assured him with her trustfully eyes.
-------------------------------------------------------

 
It had been 1 month, but she still didn't awake.
She still was lying down on that room, lifelessly.
It happened because of accident she got.She was riding a car to her mother-in-law's work place. It was raining. On the road, the car slipped, and it hit the pillar on the side. Her head hit the wheel's car. Since that moment, she didn't awake yet.
All people around her were worried about her. It was unexpected accident that they had to accept. Especially Lee Gikwang. He was the one who most hurt of that reality. They were newlywed young couple. They got married 1 month before that accident.

‎"___-ah, there are Doojoon hyung, Hyunseung hyung, Junhyung hyung, Yoseob hyung and Dongwoon. They come to visit you. They all are worried about you." Gikwang talked to her, like she would give him reaction. But there was nothing happened. It was the same. She just slept there.
" Gikwang-ah, we pray for her. You must be strong." the handsome guy named Doojoon, patted his shoulder to comfort him.
"Thanks hyung. I hope she would be out of this unconscious. I really miss her." Gikwang mumbled looking at his wife.
- - - - - - - - -
‎"Where am I?" she slowly opened her eyes, adjusting the light in that room. She blinked her eyes to clear her sight.
"Why am I here?" she looked at clothes she was wearing. It looked like patient's uniform.
"Oppa." whispered her. It was good that she didn't forget anything behind. She didn't lose her memories because of that coma for 4 months.
" Gikwang Oppa." she repeated calling her husband who she could be found nowhere.
She was just silent realizing that she was alone, there was no one accompanied her. Didn't they know here there? Suddenly, her tears fell down on her cheeks. She was afraid being alone. Actually she had a trauma of it. She only had her husband and his family. She didn't have parents or sibling. They passed away several years ago.
In other side, Gikwang was walking to her wife's room silently, as usual.
He opened the door, and shocking yet joy crushed him. He heard the sound of girl sobbing. It was her wife’s.

Bottom of Form

He hurriedly run towards the bed and embraced her tightly, not considering that she would hurt of his action. He was too happy to realize it.
"Oppa."
"____-ah, yeobo, you are awake. Are you feeling something? Why are you crying? I should call the doctor. HTop of FormHe would go outside, but she held his hand weakly.
"Don't leave me." she said softly.
"I don't, but the doctor should check you. I'll be back. Wait a minute." he caressed her hand lovingly.
She sighed. She just wanted him to be her side. She didn't need the doctor or whoever it was.

‎"Say ah..." Gikwang gestured to open his mouth, wanting to feed her wife.
"Shireo.." she mumbled, closing with her hand, "It tastes sour, oppa." she pouted, showing her chubby cheek.
"Aish, yeobo, if you don’t want eat, you wouldn't get recovered soon. Don't you want to go home, right?" he caressed her head sweetly. He really loved her so much.
"Fine then." she gave up. It was true that she should eat more.

She looked at her husband's face while he was feeding her.
She really loved him more than anyone in this world. She smiled realizing how lucky she was, having a great husband like him.
‎"Oppa."
"Hm.." he answered her, still looked at the plate and scooped rice.
"Oppa.." she whined, didn't like he ignoring her.
"Wae?" he lifted up his head and his lips met hers. The simple one.
They smiled in the kiss. She pushed herself away and her cheeks turned crimson, realizing that she kissed her husband first.
"Ah, my wifey blushed. So cute." he playfully.
He leaned her closer and pecked her lips, "You taste chicken soup." he whispered and chuckled.
"Yah."

------------------------------------------------

 
After she recovered, the doctor allowed her to go home.
"She should check up here once a week. I'll make sure that she recovered."
-------------------------------------------------

 
Gikwang and ____ lived in Gikwang parent's house, he didn't want to leave his wife alone in their apartment when he went to work.

‎"____-ah, what's wrong? Why did you take so long in bathroom?" her mother-in-law knocked the bathroom's door. She was worried. It had been half an hour after she went back from work.
"____-ah."
She carefully opened the door.
"What happened? Tell it to eomma."
"Nothing eomma." she answered her mother-in-law, forcing to smile. The fact was that she was so worried of herself. After recharged from the hospital 3 months ago, she didn't get her period. Was it because of her condition? Did the coma have the effect like that?
"I don't feel well, a bit."
"Take a rest."

Without ____ knowing, her mother-in-law called Gikwang to go home.
"Eomma, what happened to ____-ah?" he rushed into the house.
"I don't know exactly, Kwangie. But she said that she didn't feel well. Accompany her to go to the doctor."
Gikwang opened the door, and found his wife lying down on the bed. She looked pale.
"Yeobo, are you sick?" he asked her softly, walking towards the bed and sat next to her.
She turned at Gikwang and shocked.
‎"Oppa? Why are you here? I mean why are at home now? Shouldn't you be in office now?" his wife asked confusedly. It was still afternoon, he should be in office at that time and usually went home before dinner.
"Aren't you happy I am home earlier? Yeobo, are you alright? Do you feel hurt?" he asked her, placing her forehand on the forehead's wife.
"I'm alright, oppa." she assured him with her tender smile, and caressed Gikwang's cheek.
‎"Eomma said that you didn't feel well and you stayed in the bathroom for almost 1 hour." he concerned her, he didn't want bad thing happened to her again.
"Sure, oppa. I'm just sleepy."
‎"Sleep then." he covered blanket on her tiny body, and kissed her forehead, just about he went to outside, his wife grabbed his wife.
He turned back to her, "Wae, ____-ah? Do you want something?"
‎"Oppa, can you accompany me here?" she asked Gikwang with those puppy eyes.
"Ah, okay." he smirked, climbing on the bed and lied down at next to her.
Suddenly, she nuzzled on him.
"Eh.." he was surprised with his wife's move. She wasn't the one who really liked much skin ship, even with her husband. Actually Gikwang was the first making move on her.
Still confused with his wife, she cuddled with him, placing her head on his chest, "Hug me." she whispered. Gikwang grinned and hugged her, made her warm.
"I don't know why you can be like this. But I really like it. Sleep well, yeobo."
Slowly, they drifted to sleep.
Meanwhile, in front of their room.
"Eomma, what are you doing here? Are you eavesdropping ____ noona and Gikwang hyung?" A boy named Haekyung patted his mother's shoulder.
‎"Yah, Haekyung-ah, you scared eomma." she jumped in shockingly.
"What are you doing eomma?" Haekyung, Gikwang 's little brother, asked her curiously.
"Nothing, eomma just want to make sure nothing happen to your sister-in-law. She has mood swings these days. Sometimes, she was extremely happy, in a second she threw tranthum, and then she looks so gloomy." she explained it Bottom of Formwhile thinking deeply.
"I think so eomma. ____ noona was sensitive these days. I ever saw her throwing up in the morning" Haekyung assumed, aggreing his mother's thought.
"Throwing up in the morning? OMO! Morning sickness, isn't it??" She yelled happily, "Her mood changed easily.. It must be..Top of FormHaekyungieH, Haekyungie.. eomma thinks that she is pregnant. She shows its signs." she hugged her son happily, guessing that she would be grandmother soon.
"I hope so, and I'll be an aunty." Haekyung giggled thinking of it.
-----------------------------------------------------


"Oppa, wake up." ____ shook her husband.
"Hhmm" Gikwang was too sleepy to answer his wife.
"Oppa, wake up!" she demanded, despite Gikwang just slept, she sobbed quietly, "Oppa."
‎"God, ____-ah, why are you crying?" Gikwang sat on the bed, and felt hurt seeing her wife cried.
"Sshh.. are you having a nightmare?"
She just shook her head, "Oppa, I want vanilla ice cream now."
"Now? But it's late midnight, yeobo." he looked at the watch on the nightstand. 2 P.M.
"Buy it for me."

"If you won't, don't sleep with me." she threatened him, showing her pouty lips.
Hearing that, Gikwang hurriedly went to the nearby mini market to buy vanilla ice cream, he didn't know that he still was wearing blue piggy pajamas, it made the workers giggled seeing him.
"Here the ice cream for your craving wife." the worker sang playfully.
Gikwang just wondered how the worker could know that it was for her wife.
After arriving at home, he found his wife sleeping beauty, cuddled to his pillow.
He chuckled.
----------------------------------------------------


The rest of family found out that ____ is really pregnant 2 months ago. They were really happy and welcomed the new member.
------------------------------------------------------


Her pregnancy was 7 months now, her tummy was getting bigger. Her family really spoiled her, especially her husband, Gikwang. He was so excited to be a father.
The couple, ____ and Gikwang went to shop to buy maternity stuffs, and their baby stuffs. Actually ____ didn't want to buy too much, but Gikwang grabbed many things for his wife and his unborn baby boy.
"See! You bought too much, oppa." she complained, looking at many bags of her maternity stuffs and their baby's clothes, shoes, and toys, also the baby crib.
"I just like it, so I buy it, he will be so cute wearing those." he pouted, the next giggled.
She was really happy seeing her husband loved their baby. Yeah, baby boy. They had checked their baby gender and it was a boy. And he grew up healthy inside his mother's womb.
-------------------------------------------------------


Gikwang tucked her strand behind her ear, looking at her beautiful face. He her cheek lovingly.
'____-ah, thanks for being my wife and my son's mother. Don't you know that I really love both of you. I'll be trying to be a good husband and father. I always love you till I can't.' he pecked her lips and drifted to sleep.
---------------------------------------------------------


Gikwang was worried of his wife's condition lately. Her blood pressure was higher, dizziness, she ever vomited until it came blood from .
He looked at his wife lying down on the bed in the hospital, IV line on her right hand. The doctor asked her to do bed-rest and she couldn't get stressed.
"Doctor, how is she?" Gikwang was anticipating anything that might be happened to her.
"After makingBottom of Form many tests, including urine test, we are sure that your wife get pre-eclampsia, or toxemia. The signs of that are showed by your wife. Her blood pressure is high, the diastolic is over 90 mmHg, the sistolic is over 140 mmHg. She get proteinura, there is protein value in her urine." The doctor explained while showing a paper of her test. Gikwangfroze. He didn’t think that she could get the pre-eclampsia. And it was dangerous for her and the baby.

“Mr. Lee, you have to make the decision sooner. Her pregnancy was 8 months. We have to surgery sooner. Because if we keep it any longer, it will be dangerous for them.” The doctor advised him for his responsibility.

“I believe in you, please save both of them. I really beg to you.” Gikwang begged him for sure, he really didn’t know what to do, but pray.

In front of the operation room, all he could do was praying and praying. He was surely worried, he wanted to be side his wife, but he couldn’t.

Not only him, but his parents and hers were in there too. It depended on you at all. You had to be alive. You and your baby.

That day really was a long day ever for Gikwang, it was only 1 hours but he felt it was 1 year.

“Nurse, how is she?” Gikwang rushed to the nurse whom just went out from the operation room.

“Be patient, Mr.Lee. We will try the best.”

Gikwang ruffled his hair frustatedly. How could he be patient just sitting there while his wife was in that state?

He remembered what the doctor asked him yesterday. It was about who Gikwang would choose if it was only one of them that could be safe.

It was so hard to answer.

You… you were too precious to him. He didn’t want be apart from you. He wanted to be with you.

Baby boy… he was your first son that he really wanted. How could he let him go after spending so much happy time with him even though the baby was still in her womb?

He couldn’t let you two go. He couldn’t life without you. Without you two, he would die.

After few hours, some doctor and nurse came out from the room. They breathed pleasantly.

“Doctor, how is my wife?” panic painted on his face seriously.

“Congratulation, Mr.Lee. your baby was born safely.” The doctor patted his shoulder gently and smiled.

“And my wife?”

“She is safe. But she is resting right now, just wait until she wake up.”

“Thank you so much, doctor.” All of sudden Gikwang hugged the doctor with a joy.

God granted his wish for sure. His wife and his son were safe.

----------------------------------------------------

After bathing Donghyun, _____-ah placed her son on baby crib. She examined his baby boy who peacefully in deep sleep.

He looked like her husband, Gikwang. His little eyes were same, his attitude too. It was like Donghyun was little Gikwang.

“Yeobo, is he asleep?” Gikwang asked his wife as came into his baby’s room.

“Already, look at him. He was our angel.”

“I’m really happy you can make it. You keep surviving. I owe you, _____-ah.”

“You don’t owe me anything, oppa. We are yours. And you are ours. Nothing can change it.” You looked at Gikwang lovingly. He was so great as your husband and your son’s father.

“He was present that’s given from God. You are too. I’m really happy I have you two.” Gikwang kissed your forehead.

----------------------------------------------------

*Your POV*

I closed the book. Memorizing all of the memories between I, Gikwang, and then Donghyun, our son. It was unforgettable after we three had passed through a bitter sweet life. There was nothing better than this life to be with you.

I was looking at our Donghyun who played happily in the garden. He was already 2 years old.

-END-

March 30th, 2012

-----------------------------------------------

first of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIKWANG OPPA!!!!! ^^

 

Done.. done.. done…

How was it?

Please don’t be silent reader ne? ><

Please leave comments..

Even though it’s only a simple one, I will be really happy. I think you guys understand what I feel as a author..

Please, comment, subscribe.. ^^