Chapter One: Choi Minki Hates His Hyungs

NU'EST: NU, Establish, Style, Tempo

Ren’s POV:

                The sun shined brightly through my open window. The night before was unusually hot for a Korean spring so I decided to open it. The sun hurt my eyes, causing me to pull my covers over my head and roll over again. I groaned and closed my eyes tightly. I had a weird dream last night. JR hyung was in it. My bedroom door creaked open and I could hear my hyungs shushing each other. I turned over and they stopped in the doorway. I heard Baekho hyung say something but I couldn’t make out what his words were. Suddenly four heavy bodies pounced on top of me. I yelped and struggled to get free from my hyungs. I hated when they did things like this. It was childish and silly. I just wanted to sleep. I gasped for air and JR hyung chuckled and told everyone to get up, including me. I sighed heavily and pushed my covers forward, revealing my grimace and wild blonde hair. I glared at my hyungs and they rushed out of my room so that I could get dressed.

I washed my hair and sat in the back of the shower, thinking about what had just happened. My hyungs were really nice guys just not nice to me. I at first thought it was because I was the youngest member but now I think it’s something else but I can’t figure out what it is. JR hyung said he was just joking and Aron hyung would joke and say that guys in America were nowhere near as pretty as I was so he just had to make me manly. I was never sure how to take that. I didn’t like people mistaking me as a girl. I curse this face. I finished my shower and got dressed then headed downstairs to join everyone for breakfast. My hyungs were all circled around the island in the kitchen with large bowls of cereal and funny looking smiles. I furrowed my brows as I walked to them. Baekho hyung began giggling and the others soon followed suit. I grabbed the box from the counter and shook it. Nothing. I threw the box at them and walked over the fridge. I pulled out some leftover kimchee and rice with some grilled fish and a large bowl from the cabinet. I grabbed a spoon and mixed up my breakfast in the bowl, taking a seat on the couch and turning on the television once I was done. They did this to me every single morning and I should be used to it by now.

“We’re just messing with you Ren,” Minhyun hyung called from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and turned up the TV. I shoved a spoonful of food into my mouth to melt away my troubles. It didn’t work but at least I tried.

“Yah, we have a schedule today so hurry up and eat then meet up in the van,” JR announced.

I quickly finished breakfast and grabbed my bag from my room before running back downstairs. I sat in the back of the van and my iPod to keep from hearing the others argue over who got to ride shotgun. I sighed heavily, shaking my head and staring out the window as my hyungs tried to settle down. Our manager was meeting us at a photo-shoot for some magazine today and I was ready to show off for this one time, well at least until we ended up in W or Vogue like big idols did. I admired most of them from afar and could never imagine myself actually being like them one day. The van stopped and we unloaded. I stared up at the large building as we walked inside. We were immediately led to the photo-shoot and started getting ready.

The shoot went by quickly and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I sat away from my hyungs as they joked and laughed loudly about whatever they found funny. I watched them and imagined the day when I wouldn’t have to worry about them being complete jerks towards me. What did I ever do to them? Was it a mistake I made when we were trainees? Did it happen recently? I racked my brain for a moment in time where I wronged any of my hyungs. There was one time when I accidently used Aron hyung’s towel instead of mine, but he didn’t care. I had once spilled soda on Baekho hyung’s shirt but he bumped into me so it wasn’t really my fault. I’ve bumped into all of them in a rush to get either to the van or to the bathroom but we’ve all done that to each other. All of those things were small and silly so they couldn’t hate me because of that, could they? I shook my head of my ridiculous thoughts and turned my attention to the wardrobe rack. I wanted some of those clothes really badly.

“See something interesting?” someone asked. I turned around to see the stylist smiling brightly at me. I shook my head furiously and waved my hand.

“Aniya, I didn’t mean to make you think I wanted anything,” she giggled and grabbed my hand, leading me toward the clothes.

She paused and handed a pair of jeans and a beautifully designed leather jacket with a brightly coloured tank and a pair of boots. She smiled and bowed. I bowed back and was about to turn away but something told me not to. The stylist’s eyes went wide behind her large glasses and then she began laughing, hard at whatever was occurring behind me.

“Mwo? What is it?” I turned around to see Minhyun and Baekho twirling around together while JR and Aron laughed and made jokes about me and the stylist. I threw the clothes down and made my way to the van, ignoring our manager and the stylist who I am pretty sure I just offended. I’ll apologize to her later but right now I’m so tired of those guys. And only to imagine, this is only the beginning of the torment.

When we got back to the dorm, I headed straight for my room, slamming the door behind me and blasting the radio. I could hear my hyungs downstairs, singing and laughing loudly. I don’t understand how they could get so much pleasure by torturing me. I don’t even get why even the smallest things they do get to me so badly. I pulled off my jacket and shoes and threw them at my closet door. I would pick them up eventually. I fell back on my bed and grabbed a pillow. I hugged it close to me and thought hard about what I could do to further avoid my hyungs’ harassment. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at my door. I buried my face in the pillow before telling them to proceed. Weight appeared at the end of my bed. I looked up to see Minhyun hyung. He smiled and I buried my face again. I screamed into it before sitting up and glaring at him.

“And what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?” I asked sarcastically. Minhyun chuckled and looked down at the floor then back at me.

“I just wanted to say that I was sorry for what we did today,” I pretended to be shocked and gasped, putting my hand to my chest and looking away dramatically.

“No, what? You? Sorry?  Please hyung, don’t try to flatter me like that,” I rolled my eyes and scoffed. “What are you really doing in here? Is this some kind of scheme to get me thinking that you guys like me so that whatever you do next will just bring me pure agony? Please just say it to my face now so I won’t be so shocked in the end,” I fell back on the bed and turned my back to Minhyun hyung. I could feel his weight shift as if he were about to get up but he stopped.

“I really am sorry Ren,” he placed his hand on my leg before leaving. I rolled back over when I heard the door click. I stared at the door and thought to myself that maybe Minhyun was sorry. I shook my head as if to make the thought disappear. There’s no way he would feel sorry for me, none of them would.

------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Okie dokie, well I hope you guys liked it and I will post the next chapter soon. I know it’s probably really crappy but hopefully it will get better later on. Anywhoo, look forward to Chapter two soon and comments would really help so catch ya later. : 3

-TohoshinkiLove