Joyrides

[oneshot] Joyrides

 

Monday

 

8pm. Finally! After 12 hours of being active I will go home now. Coming home and eating umma’s specialties is the best feeling I’ve ever experienced. It feels even better when the previous day’s been hard, just like this day. I just wasted 6 hours of my life at school. I should have continued sleeping since I’m lacking it for a while now. I only have 2 subjects today, 3 hours each. My first professor was absent, so as the second one, except that he actually left something to do. You know what? To answer 10 freaking pages of the activity book. For my classmates, 3 hours for 10 pages is not enough, but for me, it is more than enough. Thanks for it being Math, and for me being a Math genius. I finished it in 2 hours and immediately headed to my part time job after giving the book to the class monitor. I arrived at the music bar early, but the boss wasn’t really on a good mood so he told me to take charge even if there’s still an hour left before my actual shift. At first I don’t want it because I didn’t have my lunch yet but he promised to give me a bonus after the shop closes and he really gave me some! Well if I don’t get it I’ll be totally pissed off, why? I was bothered by his fangirls, well, because he is a very handsome guy, but I’m handsome myself too! Those fangirls just ruined the arrangement of the CDs in the racks and then while I’m fixing it they’ll go buzzing like “Where’s Teukie-oppa? I’ll buy all of these when I see him today!” or “Ugh~ I thought Teukie-oppa will be here, I even skipped my last class because of him.” But you know the worst thing I heard? “Better luck next time, oppa, please tell Teukie-oppa we’ll be coming back tomorrow!” It means that the probability of Leeteuk-hyung having a bad mood is high, and I’ll be taking over again, and I’ll be dealing with those annoying brats again. Oh life!

Moving on…

Now I’m here at the bus stop waiting for a bus, that’s why it is called a bus stop duh! According to the schedule it’ll arrive at 8:15pm. After waiting for 15 minutes the bus arrived, haaaah, that’s why I love my country, being late is not our thing hahaha. It’s rush hour so I expected that I’ll be standing, which is right. I’m okay with it, I won’t travel too long so this won’t tire me. I roamed my eyes around the bus for a while and noticed that it is not that jam-packed, except that all of the seats are occupied and there are a few people standing including me. After I satisfied myself, I stood still and was about to admire the scenery this small city offers at night but my eyes focused on someone. I felt my jaw dropped after laying my eyes onto an overly cute girl sitting on the side closer to the window. She rests her head on her right hand while staring outside. Her eyes are small, so as her nose, she has a straight, shoulder-lengthened hair, high cheekbones and thin lips. Maybe you’ll say that there’s nothing special with her looks, well, if you put all of those together you’ll see an angel. I may be exaggerating but she is really cute. She looks uncomfortable with her seat though, she looks like squeezing herself. Herseatmate is an overly hyper man. She is startled every time that man moves. If you’ll compare him to a normal human being, he is moving too much. Maybe this cute girl thinks that the man is taking advantage on her that’s why she is squeezing herself. According to my observation, that man is a maniac, I need to kill him now. Before I can open my mouth, the bus stopped. . Wrong timing, I need to go now. I took one last look at the cute girl before moving. Much to my pleasure, that maniac also goes down. At least the cute girl can be comfortable now. Will I be able to see her again?

 

Tuesday

 

8pm. Going home. Already here at the bus stop. Actually I was so excited to go home, but not because I want to rest or eat already. It’s because of Ms. Cutie cheekbones. I gave her a nickname, since I don’t know what her name is. Since we have a schedule of bus arrivals and there are a few buses roaming around this city, there is a big chance of me seeing her again today. As soon as the bus stopped in front of me, I jumped in like a kid, excited much isn’t it? I observed the people seated inside and poof! I immediately grinned upon seeing the figure I want to see, the current apple of my eyes. Like yesterday, she is still sitting in the area closer to the window. She’s wearing a purple clip. Speaking of purple, she’s wearing a purple blouse yesterday. So her favorite color is purple. It’s too early to assume Cho Kyuhyun. Like yesterday, I just admired her perfectly carved face before parting. Why do I need to go down earlier than her? And I boarded later than her. Tsss. She sure travels too long.

 

Wednesday

 

8:10pm. . I’m late. I should be here at the bus stop at 8pm! Wait, why am I worrying? The bus will arrive at 8:15pm! I’ll be seeing her again tonight! Wait, I should be presentable. This strand of hair should be here, ugh, why is my shirt like this? Seriously, this is a tiring day. Super tiring day. I never thought Teukie-hyung has that number of fans. There were a lot a while ago. They ruined everything. Teukie-hyung cried out of frustration. I’m really tired. That’s why I’m really wishing to see her tonight. She’s like an energy drink, upon seeing her cute face my batteries goes full again. Here goes the bus. “OH YEAH!” I yelled out of happiness. I’m not riding on the bus yet, but I saw her already! I can see her already! You’re wondering why? She loves to seat on the side closest to the window. I’m the last one to ride on the bus, I did it on purpose. Her seat is near the driver’s so I really intended to go up last to be the closest passenger to the driver, and to her. Purple skirt. It’s final. Her favorite color is purple. I just stared at her, I won’t get tired of doing this. She is sitting with a girl so she is comfortable. I can assure that at the very least. Here comes my stop, but I don’t want to move, I won’t go down. I will know where her destination is. Oh my God. I can’t be luckier today. The girl beside her went down! This is my chance. I took a quick glance before sitting beside her. Our shoulders then slightly brushed. I can smell her sweet scent. Oh gosh, I can feel my heart beating too fast. Any time from now it’ll jump out of my rib cage. I can’t die now, can I? The ride lasted a bit longer before the bus stopped on the next bus stop and she stood up. WHAT? So she goes down a stop after I go down.

“Excuse me.”

Did I hear it right? She talked to me? I can count it one right? Oh my God. Her voice is a high-pitched one, but it made her look cuter. My body shifted automatically to give way. I looked at her going down. This is actually the first time I saw her standing. This is a progress. She’s a bit small, but she’s really too cute! I went down not long after she rode off the bus. I ride on another bus going back. This is crazy but I’m actually doing this. This day isn’t bad afterall.

 

Thursday

 

8:05pm. I have this all-smiling face since this morning. I can’t forget that cute voice. I’m going crazy, but I don’t care. My best friend Donghae is also shocked when I hugged him early in the morning. He spanked me but I just gave him my sweetest smile. “Woah Kyuhyun, are you mad? What’s wrong with you?”  You know what I wanted to answer him that time? Yes, I’m mad, I’m madly in love. I’ve admitted to myself that I’m in love last night, after a long brainstorm session with my laptop. This is the first time I felt this. It felt so good. So mysterious. I don’t know her personally, and the hell knows if she knows or notices me too, but I actually fell for her. The only things I know about her is her extraordinarily adorable face, her love for purple, her destination, that’s all. But I know I can get to know her more in the future, right? The bus arrived. I searched for a familiar figure outside but I can’t find her. Am I late? My heart sank to the deepest possible part of my body as I heavily lifted my feet towards the bus. I have no choice but to ride on the bus because of reasons. I am looking to the ground trying to erase this heavy feeling when I hear that particular voice.

“Heechul-unni, why did you fetch me all of a sudden?” That heavenly voice. I immediately lifted my head to confirm the owner of the voice and my eyes didn’t fail me! She’s here. She’s just sitting on a not-so-usual spot together with her, ugh, older sister? I observed the girl beside her and she isn’t a normal type of girl too, she is beautiful. Very beautiful. There isn’t a bit of resemblance between them because Miss Cutie cheekbones has a very cute face and her unni is beautiful. But her unni does not release any aura like Miss Cutie cheekbones. I’m not attracted to her.

“I visited an old friend who happens to live near your school. I’m fetching you at the bus stop anyway, it’s the same thing.”

Miss Cutie cheekbones nodded in reply. She’s wearing a purple doll shoes today. So adorable. I want to introduce myself but how? I want to know her name too. I’m sure it’s as adorable as her. The siblings didn’t talk the whole time I was observing my cutie little girl. Did I say my? Well I want her to be mine. Really.

 

Saturday

 

I am sulking since yesterday. I didn’t see Miss Cutie cheekbones last night. I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to see her today. It’s Saturday and there are no classes. Why can’t we jump on Monday now. I want to see her. I promise to myself that I’ll know her name this Monday. Hwaiting!

 

Monday

 

8pm. I hurriedly ran to the bus stop. I’ll see her again right? I’ve been sick since last Friday. Love sick. Eww. Why am I saying those things? It’s oh-so-not-my-style. But whatever, I can see the bus approaching now. Why is my heart beating this fast? Oh my God. Help me. I immediately hopped inside with my head down. I don’t know why, but I’m so shy. What if she sees me in this state? Well, I can do this, time is ticking so go now Cho. Before I even lift my head I heard the magical voice again.

“Oh, this is a reserved seat. If that’s even possible.”

What? She’s reserving a seat? For whom? I walked a bit closer to the source of the voice with my head still down. I took a deep breath before I lifted my head, not expecting that I’ll be meeting her eyes. She isn’t looking outside. SHE’S LOOKING AT ME! This is the first time I locked eyes with her. Her eyes are the prettiest ones I’ve ever seen. We continued to stare at each other for quite some time. I can’t take it any longer and shifted my gaze anywhere but her eyes. Not her eyes. I can feel my knees turning into jelly. The last thing I knew is she giggled. SHE GIGGLED. My eyes betrayed me as I stared at her and she is smiling, her eyes turning into crescents. She tilted her head before saying “Why don’t you sit down?”

She’s asking me to sit with her?! Oh what? “But it’s reserved, right?”

“Yes. So sit down.” She said with a smile.

Since my knees can’t support my body anymore, I sat down, even though I know that the seat is reserved. Oh my gosh. My eyes grew the biggest size possible as realization hit me. “Is this seat reserved for me?”

She giggled again. She shrugged her shoulders and stared at the window. I stared at her for the longest time before she broke the silence. “You’re here. Aren’t you going down?”

What? I scanned the outside world and noticed that it’s my stop. WHAT? She knows where I ride off? What the? I’m dreaming, aren’t I? I shook my head like mad indicating that I don’t want to go down. She gave me a confused look before looking outside again. I also looked outside to loosen up. I’m so tensed. I stole glances at her and noticed that unlike before, she is smiling while staring at God knows what or where. We’re approaching her stop and much to my surprise, she didn’t stand up. "Ugh~ we’re approaching your stop, aren’t you going down?”

She shook her head and smiled. “No. I told Heechul-unni that I’ll be going out with a friend tonight.”

Now this is really confusing me. She isn’t shock that I know where she rides off, she also mentioned her Heechul-unni. Does she know that I’m observing her for this past week? I nervously look at her, what is she planning to do? Maybe she’ll bring me to the police because of stalking her? Wait, I never stalked her! My train of thoughts broke when she spoke again.

“I’m Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook. Unique. Her name’s unique just like her. WAIT WHAT? She just introduced herself isn’t she? WAIT. I can’t understand. I continued to stare at her with disbelief. I know I have my mouth opened and my eyebrows meeting. She looked at me and gave back a confused look. But her confused look turned into a perfect smiling face. She smiled again. Her smile grew bigger and bigger until she laughed. She brought her small hands to her face in order to hide it. After she calmed down, she looked at me again with the smile not leaving her face. She looked at me for a while, more like searched for something, or waiting. I almost forgot that she just introduced herself. “Ugh. I’m Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun.”

Her smile grew bigger after I said my name. “So, why are you observing me for the past week?”

I felt a hard rock hit my head. Of course there’s none, but it feels like there is. I panicked. I don’t know what to answer. I ended up defending myself instead. “I didn’t stalk you!”

“I’m not saying you stalked me.”

Her voice was calm, she’s still smiling. I was caught off-guard. This is the most awkward situation I’ve encountered on my whole entire life. “I’m sorry.” is all I can utter.

“Aren’t you wondering why I know you’re observing me for the past week?”

I grew more confused. After a few minutes of thinking, it hit me. It hit me hard. So she’d noticed me too? She observed me too? But how? I looked at her once again and she’s looking at me too. She smiled when we locked our gazes again. “So far, what do you know about me?”

And I said everything I knew about her. Her favorite color indeed is purple, she is afraid of sitting with men “that’s why I’m squeezing myself back on the first day you observed me. But you know what, I’m really comfortable sitting with you now.”  She nodded as she heard everything. She told a lot of things about her until we reached the last stop.

“This is already the last stop. Be sure to check your valuables.” The driver announced as he stopped the bus.

Ryeowook and I went down and crossed the street to reach the opposite bus stop. As we sat on the bench, she tapped my shoulder and said “When we take the bus back you should formally introduce yourself!”

Before the night ends, Ryeowook and I actually became friends. There’s no need to hurry. I’m sure this friendship will flourish into a more wonderful kind of relationship. Who would imagine bus rides can actually introduce a new kind of feeling?

 

 

 

Woah. I did this first~ actually I'm stucked in Wonders and this idea popped out when I was on a bus a while ago and before this disappeared on my mind I wrote this. I'll try to update Wonders as soon as possible. Enjoy this one for now. :)) Well, I don't know if you'll really enjoy this. XD I really love girl!Wook so I made this one a genderswitch. Forgive me? ^-^ Uhm.. what do you think about this one? Comments are loved! :)