Treasuring Our Memories

Treasuring Our Memories

“Maybe we should just stop.”

“What?”

 

We didn’t love each other whole-heartedly. It’s what I realized while we walked around town. This might sting for a while but this would be the best for us.

My heart aches as I look at her now. She seems so confused and afraid. But I know, even she’s been thinking of this.

“Both of us knew this would happen sooner or later. I’m just going to speed it up before either of us gets hurt even more. I’m sorry.”

She lets go of my arm that she held so tightly just a few moments earlier. She looked down and as I saw how sad she looked, I held my tears before turning my back from her and slowly walking away. I was holding my tears just fine but when I heard her cry, my heart was torn apart and I could feel the tears now. I wanted to go back to her and comfort her. But I couldn’t, we just ended it. I have to get used to not having her beside me.

---

I couldn’t sleep. It just doesn’t feel right without her beside me. I kept reminding myself that it’ll go away but instead all I remembered were our sweet memories. Between my tears and sobs, I smiled softly as I looked back at our relationship back then.

Whenever she laughed, my day brightened. Whenever I made some lame joke, she’d laugh anyway. But

But I remembered. We didn’t love each other completely. We had a half-hearted love. Every time we were gonna say ‘I Love You’ to each other, it always sounded… weak.  We knew we weren’t for each other but we tried to be. Where did it get us? It surely didn’t get us to love each other more. It got us into this mess. Her sad face came into mind and I just continue to cry. We’ll just have to remind ourselves that this is how it was supposed to be.

---

It’s been a week. My hyungs have seen how I have been acting and I told them what happened.

“We broke up. I turned my back against her and I guess I was a bit cold with my words.” My heart shattered as I told them that.

“And no matter how stupid it sounds, I miss her in my arms.”

“Cheer up, Taeminnie! If it really wasn’t meant to be, then, there’s nothing you can do but move on.”

“I heard she’s already forgotten about it all!” Thank God she isn’t as messed up as I am.

“I hope she’s happy right now…”

“Well, I hope you’d also just move on.” I smiled and let out a small laugh but she’s still gone. Finally, she forgot about me.

---

Time passed by and I should be able to love again now. But my heart, it still aches and I still miss that person in my arms. I kept treasuring our memories.

I saw her with her new guy just today. She seemed happy. I didn’t want to let her see me. I don’t want to let her remember when she had finally erased me from her memory.

Once I got back into our dorm, I remembered how I left her again. The way we broke up seemed cool at first but once the tears were involved, everything became a big mess. I became a big mess. I just act tough outside and seem as if everything fine even though my heart was still aching.

 

I’ll treasure our memories for us.

Even if just thinking about makes my heart ache.

 


ᾴηӌȔ's ȻɵяɳℯȐ

Aigo... here it is.

Sorry if it isn't as good as my other ones -bow-

This was supposed to be saved as a story with no defined characters...

But I decided to share it since many people have beenr equesting a Teminnie fic.