CHAPTER FOUR

SEVEN NOTES OF LOVE

A whole month have passed after the celebration, and to Kyuhyun's luck, Piano didn't seemed to remember anything that happen on the night of her birthday, and to his surprise, she even asked him what she did that night. After all, it's her first time getting drunk.

Kyuhyun couldn't take Piano bugging him, so he told her a pretty white lie, that she fell asleep, after drinking too much. And Piano didn't bug him after that, in short Piano bought the white lie crap.

***

Piano woke up, pretty early that morning. And as usual, she found the house clean, and that only means one thing, ' that bastard, always waking up so early.'

Piano found Kyuhyun sitting on a piano stool while his eyes are focused on a grand piano. He looked as if he wanted to play it, but he didn't even lay a finger on the said piano. And more to the nurse's surprise is that, the guy doesn't seemed to notice everything around him, he looked too focus on the said piano. And that's odd.

***

Kyuhyun was sitting there from the moment he finished everything that he has to do, and that means he has already spent 3 long hours of just planting his on the piano stool, but he seemed to doesn't mind, after all, he missed the feeling of sitting there. 'why of all the things that can be taken away, is this?' his face is painted with sadness, he hasn't thought of that after a long year, and now his he's thinking of it yet again. 'Aissh, chincha... there's no point of cursing and blaming God on this, because all I can do now is wait how long can this short life take. Whether, months, weeks, days, hours, or even minutes... Aissh there's no point of making a big deal out of this because this life is...' Kyuhyun was in his deep of thoughts when a stinging pain hit his head, it was like someone is drilling his head merciless. Kyuhyun shouted in agony, while holding his head because of the excruciating pain he was suffering.

His sight is getting blurry and he's getting dizzy, but the pain won't just go away. And all he can hear is a worried and at the same time calmly-panicking voice crying out the words "Are you okay?" and "What's happening?". And after that everything went blank.

***

Piano got a bit shocked after Kyuhyun fell. Luckily her arms was quick enough to caught the man's almost lifeless form. He was heavy, for her, but she still manage to drag him into his room, by clinging into the wall. She can't get it, she doesn't know much about the said sickness. So, she doesn't know if patients have to suffer this much. There are too many question that she can't answer by herself, she really wanted to know the answer now, but how?

But before she could even crack her brain open, Kyuhyun's phone rang. Leaving Piano with no other choice, she answered the phone call.

"Yeobosaeyo, Kyuhyun-sshi," the man on the other line said. "Sorry Dr. Jung, but it's not Kyuhyun-sshi who's answering you call right now," Piano simply told the caller, whom she assumed to be, the crazy old man, Jung Yong Hwa.

"Wow, after such a long time you still can recognize my voice, you're seriously good at remembering things, Nurse Piano," Dr. Jung complimented. "It's just two months Dr. Jung. And how can I forget you, when you owe me big time," Piano swear that she heard a sudden gulp of saliva or whatever from the other line.

***

Dr. Jung can swear that he can see Piano smirking on the other line. He perfectly remembers all his so-called-debt on her, for example; the Christmas Presentation incident, where Piano have to friggin' smile and be cheerful all day, because she's the one to MC the said occasion, And the other one when he accidentally bumped into Piano, which cause all her files to scatter together with her coffee on the floor, and many more. Not to mention the incident, when he forgot to give Piano money for her food, on he trip to the Country-side. In short, Dr. Jung has many debts to pay...

"Uhm... Let's talk about that debts when you came back here, Araso?" Dr. Jung nervously told her. "Why? Am I going back to Seoul now?" she asked the doctor... Almost like snapping at him.

"Hey, relax... I just called to check you out," Dr. Jung calmed her down, which cause him to spill his intentions of calling. "What?" Piano, seemed to hear the doctor's word, but she can't believe it her-self so she have to ask him again. "I... I mean to check on Kyuhyun," Dr. Jung cleared, but actually he's calling to check the two and the puppy.

"Oh, him..." Piano remembered Kyuhyun. "Wow, this is the first time I'm gonna say this. I'm glad you called," Piano said in disbelief, she just can't believe it her-self.

"Really?" Dr. Jung asked happily.

"Yes," Piano told him, in a serious tone. "Kyuhyun-sshi, lost his consciousness a while ago," Piano stated with deep concern.

"That... happened? He lost his consciousness? Is he agonizing in pain?" the doctor asked, almost in panic. "Hey, how did you knew that?" Piano was shocked, because Dr. Jung wasn't there when that happened. So, how come he knew it?

"Yah, pabo, I'm a doctor, aren't I?" Dr. Jung said in a 'Duh' tone. "Whatever," she just said.

After moments of silence, Dr. Jung spoke.

"If what you're telling me is right, then be prepared for Kyuhyun-sshi's sickness," Dr. Jung told her. "Huh? I don't get you Dr. Jung. Isn't he sick already?" she mused.

"Well, my child as you may know, Spinocerebellar Ataxia, mostly known as SCA have many types... And kyuhyun-sshi's type is rather unique." The doctor slowly explained. "It's a type of SCA that takes long to react, but, you know, if it does, that means prepare your coffin,"

"Dr. Jung, I'm not joking," Piano told the doctor. "This isn't funny," she stated.

"But, I'm not joking, that type of SCA is the most unpredictable one, you may never know when will the person having the said sickness will die, it's just like a snap of a finger," the doctor told her.

Those words dismayed Piano, that she immediately shut her conversation with Dr. Jung off.

"You're a doctor, for Pete's sake" she murmured low.

***

Kyuhyun woke up with a little dizziness still intact in his head, 'huh? What happened? Why am I here? So, is it all just a dream? The head drilling-head ache is just a dream? But, it really felt so real' Kyuhyun was lost in his thoughts when he smelled a heavenly aroma coming from the kitchen. 'Ahh, chincha, who's cooking? it smelled so delicious' Kyuhyun wondered.

His foot was moving on it's own, following the delicious scent, until he bumped on one of the wooden post in the house, causing him to to stumble down with a loud thud on the floor.

"Are you okay?" A familiar voice asked him, but somehow it became caring and warm. Kyuhyun smiled at Piano, although he didn't know how did she just appeared out of nowhere . "Yes, I'm okay," he slightly chuckled, seeing Piano worried for him is so unbelievable, it's not because he didn't like it, it's because he never thought of it. "Yah, Cho Kyuhyun, what the hell are you chuckling about. You bastard," Piano confronted the latter, pointing a ladle in front of Kyuhyun's handsome face.

"Yah, you're cooking?" Kyuhyun asked her, disbelief is heard in his words. "Yah, do you think I can't cook?" she snapped at him. Kyuhyun avoided her gaze, the truth is Kyuhyun didn't really know that Piano can cook, since it's her first time cooking at his house.

"Yah, from now onwards I'm the only one who's allowed to cook, araso?" Piano told her. "Why?" Kyuhyun asked in confusion. "Is it because I woke up late?" Kyuhyun asked her, seeking for answers.

'So he thought, everything that happened a while ago is just a dream?' Piano thought, she's pretty sure that if Kyuhyun remember something that happened today he'll thought of it as a dream. 'Good chance... No need for long explanations.'

"Yes, It's because you woke up late, you duffus, both Gin and I almost died out of huger," she told him, with anger on her tone. one thing you should know about Piano is that, she's a good actress, that's why Dr. Jung alway encourage her to go for auditions, that was before, after she gave a coffee with salt, and not with sugar, to Dr. Jung.

"Piano-ahh, Mianhamnida, please forgive me," Kyuhyun almost pleaded with his puppy eyes. "You know I don't buy crap like that," Piano said , turning her back to Kyuhyun. 'Life is the longest road anyone could take,' Piano thought with a sad smile crossing her beautiful face.

Gin witnessed everything that happened that day, that's why he doesn't bother his masters for today, 'One problem is enough,' he thought, although he's young, three month old to be exact, he thinks in a different perspective in life, compared to other dogs about his age. He's more mature and caring to his master.

"Arff," Gin called the attention his masters, as he follow them on the kitchen.

"How have you been doing, lil' kid?" Kyuhyun raised him above, 'Please not to high, I might puke,' Gin pleaded, unfortunately Kyuhyun can't hear him.