Betrayal

Bullseye

When Mir woke up he found himself still surrounded by darkness. No matter how much he blinked, the darkness wouldn’t disappear and it was clear to him that he was blindfolded. He tried reaching up to remove whatever was clouding his vision but something held his hands back, tied behind his back.

Slowly he came to his senses and realized that he just woke up to a mess. He was sitting on what he assumed was a chair, his hands tied behind his back as well as his legs tied together and they had him blindfolded. He slowly remembered what had happened before he out and panic immediately rushed through him.

He hurriedly tried to get himself loose, struggling against the tight rope around his arms but it was no use, he was stuck.

“H-hello..?” His voice was broken and pitched, not being able to control his nerves as he spoke up. “H-help!”

“Yelling for help isn’t going to work, stupid boy…” A voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere, the tone low and cold, sending chills down Mir’s spine. “There’s no one around to hear you.”

“W-w-who are you?”

The voice chuckled softly as he heard footsteps approach him, sensing someone in front of him before a hand ripped off his blindfold and the light of the room blinded him for a moment. He squinted, his eyes adjusting to the amount of light before taking in the person in front of him, suddenly recognizing the voice as he matched it with the face.

“C-Chul Moo… ” he swallowed.

A smirk appeared on his face as the man stepped back, raising his hands casually into the air, “Surprise!”

“W-why am I here?” He asked hesitantly, swallowing nervously once more. “Where is Sooyoung?”

“Oh right, the girl… I guess your friendship helped out after all…” He sneered with amusement. “You made it way too easy for me to catch you.”

He narrowed his eyes thoughtfully, “Helped out?”

“Oh, didn’t you realize it was a trap? She helped set it. That little message she send you that got you out of your dorm? All part of the plan, of course.”

“S-she tricked me?” He felt it hard to believe. “She wouldn’t.”

“Oh, but she did.” Chul Moo’s smirk only grew bigger as he spoke, crossing his arms proudly. “She lured you out for me to capture. All part of the plan.”

“No, she wouldn’t! She’s not like that!”

He chuckled, “And you know that, how? Because you’ve spend a couple of weeks together and felt like friends?” He shook his head, “Face it, kid. At the end of the day she was just carrying out a mission and her loyalties were always with us.”

Mir lowered his head, shaking it slightly. Was it really true? Was everything that she told him, everything she promised him, all a lie? All part of their plan to get him and kill him? Did she really betray him? The only person he thought he could trust in this situation?

“What’s wrong? Did I crush your little heart with that?” He laughed loudly, “Our Sooyoung is a great actress, for a little annoying twerp.”

“What do you want from me?!” He cried out, glaring back up at Chul Moo. He wasn’t sure if it was this adrenaline rush was caused by the anger and hurt of being betrayed or the fear from actually being captured and knowing that his life was in more danger than ever before, but it gave him the courage to shout out and hold in his tears.

Chul Moo’s glare turned serious as he stepped towards the young boy, lowering himself slight to stand eye to eye as his hands wrapped around his shirt, pulling him as close as the chair would allow.

“Your blood on my hands.”

 Mir’s eyes widened, his heart stopping for a moment as the words echoed through his head, tears burning in his eyes as he tried to hold them in.

His reaction pleased Chul Moo as the smirk returned to his face, leaning back to stand up straight again, “Unfortunately the boss wants you around just a bit longer, I believe he wants to have a word with you later. So count your blessings, for now.”

With that being said, he walked around the chair and reapplied the blindfold, patting the boy roughly on the shoulder before leaving the room.

Mir heard the door close before he finally broke down. With heavy breaths the tears began to roll down his cheeks, turning into soft sobs. This was it, he was screwed. There was no way out for him anymore. He didn’t have the money to pay back Dong So, he didn’t have anyone that could help him. All he had was his life to give to the person who eagerly waited to take it.

How he regretted trusting Sooyoung even after finding out she was a part of the mafia. How he wished he had told someone, s or his family, anyone who could have helped him. If only he hadn’t been too afraid of something happening or too stubborn to ask for help to get out of the mess he made ten years ago.

In his mind he was starting to say goodbye to all the people he loved, knowing that he would never see them again. He knew that there was no way for him to get out of this mess other than death, and in his mind he apologized to his family for causing them harm. If what Sooyoung had told him was true, they might be going after his family next in order to get the money back. And that was all his fault.