Chapter 4

Fiction High ♬

Chapter 4

Hyunseung continued strolling down the hallway, hand-in-hand with Nina. For a moment, Nina seemed dazed out as she tries to wrap her head around what had happened, only to flushed into a light shade of pink once she realised her hand was in his. She broke out of his grip easily and held her hand with the other.

He looked over at her and smiled, amused at her action before he put his arms behind his head. They were heading towards the head teacher’s office in search for any clues of the origin of the piece of paper.

When they reached the front of the door, Hyunseung was about to barge straight inside before he was stopped by Nina pulling him back to hear if there was anyone in there first. She pressed her ear against the door before someone tapped her shoulder, turning to see Ms Kim behind her.

Nina screamed an ear piercing scream and clung to Hyunseung, in fright.

She cleared and glared at Nina before saying in a cold voice, “Come in you two.”

She sat down in the big swivel chair behind a Mahogany table, motioning for us to sit in the two chairs in front of her.

“So, what were you two doing in front of my office?” she asked in the very same tone she usually used which sent chills down their spines.

“Well actually, we found a clu-” Nina said before she was rudely interrupted by someone who entered the room, panting.

“Ah Soyeon, what brings you here in such a state?” Ms Kim asked.

Nina glared at Soyeon before starting to continue, “We foun-” She was interrupted again by Hyunseung when he put his hand over , “Shh,” he said while giving her a glance that said ‘shut up’.

She nodded as he removed his hand and Soyeon answered as soon as she caught her breath, “Someone has been cheating! And we think Song Yoonji may be the cause!”

Hyunseung and Nina stared at each other in shock, unbelieving of what the girl had just said.

“Yoo-Yoonji unnie has been cheating?” Nina exclaimed as she looked over at Soyeon. She couldn’t believe it but it wouldn’t be a surprise if she were, considering she was the top student within the school.

Soyeon then glared at the two of them, with a look that obviously said that she didn’t want them there. Hyunseung stood up and took Nina’s hand, escorting the both of them out of the room.

Ms Kim said to them before they stepped out of the door, “Wait outside for me, I’m not done talking to the both of you.”

Hyunseung turned around and nodded, closing the door behind him. Nina was just about to walk off, since she didn’t want to face Ms Kim but Hyunseung pulled her back and pressed his ear against the door.

“Miki said she found it. It looks as though it has been ripped off from the exam paper,” Soyeon said to Ms Kim.

“Ans?” Ms Kim said as the sound of paper being crinkling could be heard and was followed by silence.

“I wonder what they’re talking about,” Hyunseung whispered with his eyebrows furrowed.

“Soyeon, go back to Miki and don’t tell anyone about this, arasso?” Ms.Kim voice could be heard again after awhile.

“Okay...” Soyeon replied as she got up from her seat. Hyunseung and Nina scurried away from the door and Hyunseung took out his phone, pretending they weren’t listening to their conversation.

Soyeon exited the room and stared at the two of them, with a look that held worry as she passed by them. Nina watched her as she turned the corner of the hallway and whispered to Hyunseung, “What do you think is going on?”

He kept his eyes on his phone and shrugged his shoulders.

Ms Kim stood outside of her office and said to them, “I’ll let the two of you go for today, but don’t expect me to be so kind next time,” before moving back into her office and slamming the door shut.

“We should report back to the team...” Nina mumbled softly and Hyunseung nodded. They headed down the hallway, opposite the direction Soyeon headed off to.

-

Kikwang kept close behind Seulki as she walked down the science building. There were no classes on at the moment because all the students were preoccupied with the case but were to resume classes the next day.

“Yah, why are you sticking so close? Are you scared that we’re alone or something?” she said mockingly and smirked.

He took her hand and pinned her against the wall. “I think you should be the one who’s scared since we’re alone together,” he said with a smirk.

Seulki scoffed at him and broke out of his grip, moving ahead. “As if you would do anything anyway, I know you have a ‘thing’ for Heemi,” she said as she turned back to look at him, giving him a mehrong.

He laughed at her childish act and continued to follow her. He suddenly stopped, peering inside one of the science labs, seeing a single girl, staring at a piece of paper inside.

“Yah, come back here Seulki,” he whispered to her, motioning with his hand.

She turned back and they both looked inside of the classroom, trying to figure out who the girl was.

“Soyeon, is that you?” the girl asked.

The girl turned and didn’t see Soyeon but rather Kikwang and Seulki, immediately hiding some pieces of paper behind her back.

“A-Ah... I didn’t know anyone else was here,” she stuttered.

“Ani, it’s our fault for not saying anything,” Kikwang said and smiled at her.

She turned a light shade of pink and looked even more flustered than she did before.

“So what are you doing here in the lab instead of working on the case?” Seulki asked curiously.

“So-Soyeon unnie told me to wait for here...” she answered, looking on the floor.

Kikwang entered the room and walked up to her, taking a seat beside her. “Is that so? So what’s your name?”

“Neh! I’m Miki... Jung Miki,” she said as she shifted her position so Kikwang couldn’t see the paper.

“Ah, Miki ssi? That’s a pretty name for a pretty girl,” he said and winked at her, making her blush even more.

Seulki stared at them, fighting the urge to throw up from the cheesiness and decided to wait for them outside.

“Kamsahamnida oppa... But a-ani! I’m not that pretty,” she exclaimed as she held the paper tighter.

“Miki ah~ Do you mind if I take a lot at the pap-” he asked before he was cut off by someone entering the classroom

“Miki! Mianhae! Did you wait long?” the girl who seemed to be Soyeon asked.

Miki shook her head and blushed as she looked Kikwang. “Ani, oppa was talking to me...”

“Ah, thank you Kikwang ssi for taking care of Miki while I was gone,” she said with a sweet smile before she took Miki’s hand.

“It’s no prob-” he said, eyeing the both of them as they speedily left the lab, catching a glimpse of the paper that Miki held in her hands. “Strange...” he muttered to himself.

-

Loud sounds of bickering could be heard ringing throughout the hallway as four people walked through the hallway. Two advanced forward while the latter lagged behind.

“Yah! Yong Junhyung! Slow down!” Eve yelled at him as she sped up to catch up with him.

He chuckled, looked back, sticking his tongue out at her. “Not my fault you’re so slow,” he said before he bumped into the wall behind.

Eve giggled at him and walked up to him, patting him on the head. “It’s not my fault that you’re stupid as well,” she said, returning his mehrong back to him.

“Can the both of you stop arguing for 10 seconds? No wait, even 5 seconds would be good,” Chohee asked exasperatedly with a sigh, rubbing her temples with her fingers.

Eve looked back at Chohee and said, “I’m not even being that loud! It’s Yong Jerkface who’s being annoying!”

Chohee waved her hand with dismissal and defeat. “Ara... Ara...” before looking at Yoseob who was beside her.

“I don’t really mind it... it’s nice having a bit of loud once in a while,” Yoseob then said to Chohee with a smile.

She nodded back saying, “I guess... now let’s just hurry up and go to the office! We need to find the origins and what this key can unlock,” while watching the two ahead, bickering once again.

They reached the office soon after their departure from the crime scene, with Chohee holding the key within a plastic bag in her right hand.

“Do you really think this key opens something within the school?” Yoseob asked as he tugged on Junhyung’s sleeve.

“I’m hoping so. I don’t really want to go somewhere too far to just open a door of some sort,” he replied with a playful smirk on his face.

Chohee knocked on the window of the main office to get the attention of the female receptionist inside.

“Annyong haseyo, I was hoping to get some information about this key,” she said in a hushed voice and slid the key under the window for her.

“I’ll do my best. When were you hoping to get this back by?” the receptionist asked with a friendly tone.

“The sooner, the better but please take your time,” she replied with a smile.

“Arasso, I’ll tell you guys to come back once I get more information,” the receptionist then added.

Chohee and Eve bowed and gave their thanks, going back to where Junhyung and Yoseob were.

“I guess we should head back and wait for the others now?” Yoseob suggested, smiling at the returning girls.

“Neh, I think that would be best,” Chohee replied.

They started walking back, with the girls chattering something that could not be defined since their topic changed nearly every minute.

The guys followed closely behind, basically in silence. This was until the silence was broken by someone’s ringtone, ‘The Chaser’.

Junhyung pulled out his phone to see the name -Yoon Doojoon- calling.

“Who is it?” Yoseob asked curiously, poking his head

“The leader,” Junhyung answered as he picked up the call. Yoseob let out an “Ahh” and nodded.

“What’s up leader?”he said in a playful tone accompanied by a grin.

Within a few seconds, his expression changed and the grin was wiped away by a look of worry.

“Yoonji fainted?!”he shouted into the phone, unbelieving of what he had just heard.

The girls turned back in unison repeating what he had just said with the same look of shock and worry.

He hung up and looked at the 3 of them. “Change of plans, we’re going to go see Yoonji.” They all nodded in agreement in reply, rushing off to the nurse’s office.

-

Eve paced up and down outside of the nurse’s office, obviously worried about Yoonji.

They all gathered outside, waiting for any further news about her wellbeing.

“Yah, sit down. Doing that isn’t going to make her get better any sooner...” Junhyung exclaimed, sitting down on the floor with his back against the wall, typing away at his laptop.

“Your typing isn’t going to help either,” she retorted as Nina hugged her.

Junhyung just rolled his eyes at her and continued to type away. Kikwang sat next to him and started talking to him softly. It was hard to make out what they were talking about but it seemed like it was something on the laptop screen.

Doojoon looked out of the window opposite of the door to the office, trying to figure out what the text meant. “Those who cheat, those who lie will be punished,” he repeated softly to himself as Yoseob patted him on the shoulder.

“Don’t worry too much hyung... I’m sure everything will make sense in good time,” he said with a reassuring smile.

Doojoon couldn’t feel the reassurance but he appreciated the thought anyway. “So what have you guys found out while we were gone?” he asked in attempt to change the topic.

“Well us, Junhyung, Chohee and Eve went to give in the key to the office to get some information about it,” he replied. “The lady will get back to us once she gets the information.”

“Ah, good job guys!” he said with a smile, messing up his hair.

“Yah hyung~ I’m not a little kid!” he whined, fixing up his hair.

Doojoon laughed in reply. “Ara~ ara~ I’m just playing around! Anyway, what did guys find out, Woonie?” he said as he turned to looked at the others, unable to find him.

“Now that you mentioned him... Where is he?” Yoseob asked with worry.

-

“Lan ssi, where are we going?” Dongwoon asked curiously as he followed closely behind.

“Somewhere quiet and away from the body,” she said and smiled as she turned to look at him.

“A-Ah, I see,” he said, grateful for her consideration for him. After a moment of silence, he added a question. “By the way, what did you mean by you noticed something?”

“I didn’t notice anything, but if there was to be something, we should probably find out the last class to use the lab right?” Lan explained without looking at him. Dongwoon merely smiled in understanding and followed her in silence.

The both of them walked for quite some time and finally stopped when they reached the computer lab. A few minutes later, Lan was holding the timetable of every class in her hand.

“Looks like, the last class to use it was...” her fingers trailed down the various class timetable till she stopped at one spot, “The top class in the school. Surprising.” A smirk flitted across her face.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Eevee- : An awesome chapter by Forever-Beast *^* Sorry we updated so late, I finally got the time to read through everything she wrote and add in the last part because of my hectic schedules. The updates will be very irregular so yeah, do comment more