Baking With L.Joe

Baking With L.Joe

“Brenda, my mom wants us to start making the cake for my brother’s birthday,” L.Joe said to me as we were hanging out in his living room. L.Joe and I have been together for about two months now. We’re barely into the holding hands stage of our relationship! It’s not that I care though, I like L.Joe a lot, maybe even love him but I was too shy to even tell him that.

“Cake?” I asked. “Do we have the ingredients?”

“Yes, she bought them already.” L.Joe explained; grabbing my hand as we walked into the kitchen. “Come on, this will be fun. I’ve never made a cake before!” He started bringing out the bowls, flour, eggs, and other ingredients we would need.

“Me either,” I replied. “Uh, L.Joe how will we be able to make this cake if we both don’t know how to make a cake?”

“I’m sure it’ll be easy!” L.Joe smiled that drop-dead gorgeous smile.

 

 

Making the cake wasn’t easy and all, it was lopsided and ugly. Plus, we made a huge mess because we threw icing at each other when the cake was still in the oven. “Maybe your mom will have to buy a cake from the store…” I said nervously looking over the icing covered kitchen.

“…Yeah, maybe.” L.Joe laughed, taking icing off my cheek. He it off his fingers.  “At least we tried.”

“We better start cleaning up before your mom gets back,” I said, turning towards the sink.

“…Andwae~” L.Joe whined. “You look cute when you’re covered in icing.” His arms s around my waist and he planted a quick kiss on my cheek. Heat rushed to my cheeks as I turn to look up at him, wanting desperately for his lips on mine. My eyes were pleading - well at least I think they were - as I got on my tip toes. He realized what I was trying to do and smiling, placing his lips on mine. His lips were ing soft, and it felt amazing. I wrapped my arms around his neck and entangled my hands in his soft orange hair as I at his bottom lips asking for entrance which he gladly gave me.  Our tongues fought for dominance, but he won, because I let him. After a while, we pulled away for air. He smiled at me before kissing me again, his hands feeling on my sides.

“L.Joe~ I’m ho---- AH WHAT IS THIS?!?” we heard a voice shriek.

We pulled away from each other quickly, looking at L.Joe’s mother shocked face as she looked at her messed-up kitchen. L.Joe picked up the lopsided cake for his mother to see; “Umma! Isn’t it beautiful!?” he chuckled, nervously. His mother glared in response, not happy at all.