Chapter 7

I Will Be Your Eyes

"Sunbaenim, you wanted to tell me something, right?" Minhee asked. 

Sungyeol finally found the words he was trying to look for earlier. 

"Oh right. Uhm... I heard you got separated from your family when you were younger. You came to Seoul to find them, right?"

"Neh. How did you know?"

*Oh... how am I gonna answer her? I'll seem like a stalker.* Sungyeol bit his lip.

"Sunggyu hyung told me."

"Oh okay."

"Minhee-ah, I want to help you find your family. By any chance do you remember any of their names?"

"Hmmmmmm my brother's name is.. Sungyeol. But I would always call him Yeolyeol. It's such a coincidence that you have the same name. When INFINITE first debuted, I had the thought, 'Lee Sungyeol? He could be my brother.', but I threw those thoughts away, because my brother never wanted to become a singer when he was younger."

"Oh. What a coincidence... Do you have a family picture?" Sungyeol awkwardly asked.

Minhee takes out her family photo and hands it to Sungyeol.

"Please be careful, it's pretty old, and it's the only memory I have left of my family, even though I can't even see it myself."

As Sungyeol stared at the picture, he started tearing up. Minhee could hear his soft cries, even though he was trying hard to hide them. 

Minhee had a worried look on her face. "Sunbaenim, are you okay?"

Sungyeol decided it was the right time to tell her. 

"Minhee-ah, I'm your brother."

Minhee couldn't believe it. She finally found her brother.

"R-r-really?"

"It's me, Yeolyeol oppa. Minhee-ah, I've missed you so much."

Minhee ran over to her brother and hugged him tightly, Tears of joy began flowing down her cheeks. Sungyeol smiled and patter her back gently.

"Oppa, promise me that we'll never be apart again, okay? I don't like being away from my super awesome brother," Minhee said sweetly and held out her pinky.

Sungyeol chuckled as a huge smile crept up onto his face. He held out his pinky and intertwined it with hers.

"Oppa~ how's umma and appa? I want to go visit them!"

"They're fine. They still miss you, even though they don't show it. Let's go visit them this weekend, since I don't have any schedules."

Minhee had a huge smile plastered on her face. She was sooooo happy.

"Minhee, I need to tell you something else too."

"Hmmmmmm?" Minhee wondered what else Sungyeol had to say.

"Do you... Remember how you got separated from umma, appa, and me?"

Minhee thought about it for a second. She shook her head.

"It was all my fault. I was the reason why you got lost."

Minhee was shocked and confused.

"I don't understand..."

"We were at the market, and umma was picking out some fruit. You were 4. And I was 6. So umma told me to hold onto your hand tightly and stay in her sight at all times, but otherwise, we were free to wander around. You saw a Pororo plushie that an ahjumma was selling, and wanted to go see it. I took you over and you started playing with the cute little stuffed animal. The streets became more crowded as time went by, and all of a sudden, we were surrounded by a crowd of people. I couldn't find umma, so I grabbed your hand and tried to go find mom. As we were finding our way out of the crowd, my hand slipped, and I lost my grasp on your hand. Because of the crowd, I couldn't find you, and you must've tried to find me too or something, so we became farther and farther apart. When the crowd finally dissolved, I found umma, who was looking for both of us. She was crying, she loved you so much, it hurt her so much that I lost you. I felt terrible that day, and I still do. I feel like a terrible brother. I'm sorry."

"Yeolyeol... It's not your fault. I wanted to go see the plushie..."

"But if I didn't let you, it would have never happened-"

"You were 6. You were just trying to make me happy. It's not your fault. Oppa, don't feel guilty. It's not your fault. Even if it was, I would never hate you. You're my brother, and caring, loving, choding brother. You're the reason why I was determined to lead a good life. I knew that you would want me to live a good life and be successful."

"Really? Am I that important to you?"

Sungyeol's question was answered by a big bear hug. Minhee's hug comforted him and gave him happiness.
After a long period of silence between them, they started chatting.

"Yeolyeol, why did you become a singer? You told me when you were 6 that you didn't like being a singer."

"I was determined to find you. I knew that if I debuted as a singer successfully, you would see me on TV, and maybe you'll be able to find your way back to us. And being successful would also give me a chance to hire workers to find you. But I've found you now, that's all that matters."


DOUBLE UPDATE~

quick shout out to 2 of my new subbies: @H_Lenn and @xiceangell123 ! thanks for subbing!

and a thank you to all of my readers for reading and supporting this fic~ 

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE~ it gives me energy to write more!