Chapter 2

First Love

 

"Barely made it." Fuyumi said huffing and puffing as she sat down next to Hana and Jin as class was about to get started.

"Where were you?" Hana whispered.

"Well I was trying to find the bathroom, so I asked these girls but I guess they accidentally told me the wrong direction." Fuyumi said nervously laughing, then Hana heard the two girls sitting in the row in front of them snickering as they overheard them.

"What a stupid girl…" One girl whispered loud enough for Hana and Jin to hear. Fuyumi either didn't hear or was acting like she didn't hear.

Jin didn't care as he sat there, looking bored and looking out the window.

Hana, though, glared at the two girls for making fun of her best friend.

"Hana? Are you okay?" Fuyumi whispered.

Hana simply was glaring at those two still.

"Ms. Takeuchi is there something the matter?" The teacher asked.

"No sensei. I'm just glaring at those two girls who tried to make a fool out of Fuyumi." She replied.

Fuyumi sat there confused.

"Huh?" The teacher asked confused.

"Why don't you ask them sensei." Hana said crossing her arms and still glaring.

"We don't know what Hana is talking about sensei." One girl replied innocently.

"Yea we did nothing wrong. All we did was direct Fuyumi to the bathroom." The other girl added.

"What a lie. You led her to the roof and laughed about it." Hana said.

"That is enough Hana!" The teacher said.

"Hana. Stop it, it's fine." Fuyumi said trying to persuade Hana.

"Apologize." Hana said simply.

"Why should we? It's her fault for being so dumb. I mean who can't find the bathroom?" The girls said.

Hana was about to say something but then Fuyumi spoke up.

"That's true." Fuyumi said smiling and scratching the back of her neck out of embarrassment. Hana looked at her surprised and even Jin was now interested in this event as he looked up at Fuyumi who was standing up.

"They told me where to go but I was the one who couldn't find the bathroom. I'm really sorry." She said still smiling. The two girls looked at her bewildered and decided not to prank her anymore as they thought she was no fun to prank.

"Well then I'm glad things have been worked out. You can take your seat Fuyumi." The teacher said as Fuyumi nodded and sat down, prepared to take notes.

Jin looked at her curiously then looked back out the window.

Hana looked at Fuyumi slightly worried but then also paid attention to the lesson.

Class ended as people started to leave, but then again Jin's fangirls came up to him asking him to hang out.

"Wow he's really popular." Fuyumi commented.

"Don't tell me you're falling for his looks too huh Fuyu?" Hana said playfully.

"Looks?" Fuyumi asked confused. "Now that I think about it he is good looking."

Hana smacked her forehead and sighed, "Always simple-minded you. Never noticing those kinds of things unless someone points it out."

"Is that bad?" Fuyumi asked worried a bit.

Hana laughed, "Nahh, that's good for ugly guys who want a shot with you."

"Shot?" Fuyumi was confused.

"I mean guys who'd want to go out with you." Hana explained.

"Oh how come?" Fuyumi asked. Hana sighed, "Nevermind, let's go."

Fuyumi nodded smiling forgetting the conversation and following Hana.

Jin overheard their conversation over the loud squeals and voices of his fans and was even more curious about Fuyumi.

"Oh right before we go to the club, did you get your dorm room yet?" Hana asked.

"Huh? Oh right, I didn't." Fuyumi said suddenly remembering.

"Dummy how could you forget something so important as that?" Hana asked.

"Give me your room number." Fuyumi nodded and showed her the room number.

"Room 352. That's the third floor, same as me. How come that number sounds so familiar?" Hana wondered.

"Familiar?" Fuyumi asked.

"Nevermind. Let's go." Hana said as she led Fuyumi to the third floor.

"Room 352." Hana repeated to herself as she looked at each door and finally arrived at Room 352.

"Hear you go." Hana said. Fuyumi then took out her room key and opened the door. Once she opened it she looked inside and widened her eyes at the sight of Jin Akanishi, shirtless. He widened his eyes as well.

"I'm So very sorry!' Fuyumi yelled as she quickly shut the door.

"O-okay… bit of a problem.." Hana said, surprised as well. Fuyumi nodded at her.

"What do you mean she can't change rooms?" Hana yelled at the woman at the desk.

"I'm sorry but she's permanently on the computer in that room. If we want to change her it would have to be next semester." The woman replied.

"But her roommate is a GUY! How does that work?" Hana yelled.

"There have been some times where a girl roomed with a guy and nothing wrong ever happened."

"But you don't understand she's roomed with Jin Akanishi! Girls would crush her if they knew about this." Hana tried to persuade the lady.

"I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do. Maybe it would be good if you didn't let this out to anyone?" The lady suggested.

Hana sighed as she left the room with Fuyumi.

"What do we do?" Fuyumi asked worried.

"I guess you're just going to have to deal with it at least until next semester." Hana said.

"Huh?" Fuyumi said bewildered.

"Just make sure to not tell ANYONE. Third floor is mainly full of guys since the staff know how crazy it can get with all the girls and Jin. You can lock the door to your room every night so no one can enter and there's a bathroom and shower inside your dorm so you don't have to get worried getting caught walking out of Jin's room. The only thing to do now is to persuade Jin to not tell anyone." Hana said.

Fuyumi nodded still a little worried.

*Click.* Fuyumi opened the door to room 352 with Hana right behind her guarding the door. Fuyumi entered, closing the door. Jin looked at her as he was sitting on his bed reading something.

"Umm Hi again." Fuyumi said nervously smiling at him.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?" Jin asked a bit on guard.

"Don't worry! I'm not here to do anything bad." Fuyumi clarified. Jin looked at her strangely.

"Well actually… The school put me as your dorm mate so now we kind of have to live together…" Fuyumi said.

"Hah?" Jin asked bewildered.

"I tried switching really! But they said I had to wait until next semester. I would move to an apartment or something but I don't really have that kind of money…" She said shyly.

"Is this some kind of joke?"

"Huh?" Fuyumi asked.

"How low do you crazy girls go?" Jin said scoffing at her.

Fuyumi was confused.

"Why don't you leave me alone?" He said slightly annoyed at her.

Then suddenly the door opened and Hana came in slamming the door and locking it.

"Hah? What are you doing here?" Jin asked.

"How dare you talk to Fuyu like that!" Hana said slightly angry.

"Was I wrong about anything?" Jin calmly asked.

"You are so full of it." Hana said. Jin stood up as he put his book down.

"So? You think I'm gonna deal with her?"

"Oh grow up! If anything, I should be the one worried YOU would do something to HER!" Hana said.

"Don't worry Fuyu is the LAST girl that would try ANYTHING on a guy. Wanna know why?"

Fuyumi looked confused still not following any of this.

Jin sighed out of irritation as he put his hands in his uniform pockets, "Why?"

"Cause she doesn't find anyone attractive. Meaning she has to have someone point out to her that someone is good looking BECAUSE she's simple minded like that." Hana finished.

"So what?" Jin asked.

"So just please let her stay for the rest of this semester and she'll leave okay?" Hana said with her hands on her hips.

Jin sighed.

"Umm… If you really hate it I could go and find an apartment." Fuyumi said.

"Where would you have the money for that?" Hana asked.

"Umm I don't know." Fuyumi said laughing while scratching the back of her head. Jin took a glance at her for a few seconds and sighed once more.

"Fine. But no one needs to find out about this okay?" Jin said.

"Exactly what we were thinking." Hana said.

"Kay. Well since you're my room mate I guess these boxes are yours." He said referring to the cardboard boxes near the door against the wall.

"Oh yea! Thanks." Fuyumi said smiling as she went over to the boxes.

"You can take the top floor. The bed is there and everything." He said (dorm room like Hana kimi, Japanese).

"Umm Okay. Thank you." Fuyumi said, smiling. Then she took three boxes stacked on each other and walked up the stairs and dropped them near the bed. Then she took three more and did the same.

"Alright then Fuyu, let's go and leave Mr. Popular be." Hana joked.

"Okay then." Fuyumi then went downstairs to Hana and bowed to Jin.

"Thanks for letting me stay." Fuyumi smiled at him as he simply sat down and started reading again. They then both left.

"Alright so remember this room is just a few doors away so if you're feeling extremely uncomfortable you can come by here secretly at night anytime." Hana said smiling.

"Thanks Hana." Fuyumi said nodding.

"Alright then, ready to go? To the club?" Hana asked.

Fuyumi nodded as they left Hana's dorm together.

"Wow…" Fuyumi said looking inside the club at all the lights and 'bar'.

"It's pretty cool huh?" Hana said proud of the place.

Fuyumi nodded as piles of girls were talking with each other, squealing.

"Why are they excited?" Fuyumi asked.

"Hm?" Hana looked over at them, "I don't know-AH!" She suddenly remembered as Fuyumi looked over at her confused.

"Jin and his friend is performing today."

"Performing-" Fuyumi was cut off by a voice sounding in the mic.

"Hey everyone!" A man in a suit said as he came out.

All the girls squealed.

"So are you ready for Akanishi Jin and Kamenashi Kazuya?" He asked as they screamed even more.

"Alright then here they are!" He introduced them as music started to play and two men came out. Fuyumi noticed Jin but didn't notice his friend, Kazuya. All the same she started clapping with all the other girls and guys in the club as they started to sing Kimi ga Kirai kimi ga suki (love yourself).

Jin with such 'cold' charisma as he wasn't smiling and was coolly looking over at the girls every now and then. Kazuya on the other hand was smiling more and had a more vibrant kind of charisma that also made girls melt. Of course Fuyumi didn't notice anything of this because of her simple brain.

Once they finished every girl squealed as the guys tried to block their ears from the noise.

"Thank you everyone!" Kazuya said smiling as he left stage with Jin who had that 'I'm too cool for you' walk and expression.

"They were really good." Fuyumi said nodding at Hana.

"Yup, one of the main reasons why every loves them, besides their looks." Hana said shaking her head in disappointment at the crazy fan girls.

Fuyumi nodded as the girls kept screaming.

"Hey Hana, I'm gonna go to the bathroom."

"Do you know where it is?" Hana asked as Fuyumi stood there thinking really hard on it. Hana sighed as she warmly smiled, "Just go down that hallway over there and it should be the door on your left."

Fuyumi nodded as she smiled.

Fuyumi reached the end of the hallway and thought really hard as she looked between the left and right doors, "AHH! I forgot which door she said it was! How come they didn't label the bathrooms!" She said to herself as she was racking her brain to which door she should open.

Just outside the club, in an alleyway, Kazuya and Jin were standing around and hanging out.

"I don't get why you don't like the fans. They're so much fun, you should do fanservice a bit." Kazuya said.

Jin was simply playing around with a piece of rock on the ground, rolling it over with his foot, "They're annoying, every one of them."

"I guess, but it's cause of them that we're able to perform at the club." Kazuya said.

"Tch.. Whatever." Jin said not caring at all. Then suddenly the door opened and as they looked over Fuyumi was standing there, awkwardly.

"Ahh… Sorry, I was trying to find the bathroom and I didn't know which door it was so I chose the right one… I guess it was wrong." She said nervously laughing and scratching the back of her head.

Jin noticed her immediately but didn't really say anything to her.

"Oh hello." Kazuya said smiling, thinking she was a fan, "You don't have to lie just to be with us."

"Huh?" Fuyumi was confused as Kazuya came over and put his arm around her. Jin glanced at them.

"You want to have some fun with us?" Kazuya whispered in her ear.

"What?" Fuyumi was even more confused as she looked at Kazuya.

"Kazuya cut it out." A girl's voice said as they both turned around to find Hana standing there with her arms crossed.

"ah Hana." Fuyumi said as Kazuya took his arm off of her.

"Oh hey Hana, long time no see." He said smiling at her.

"We saw each other yesterday dummy." She simply said.

"Right." Kazuya said laughing. Jin simply just kept standing there, leaning against the wall.

"I was wondering why you were taking so long. Found the wrong door?" Hana said as Fuyumi turned red out of embarrassment and smiled, "Yea… ahaha…"

"Why am I not surprised?" Hana said sighing.

"Hana you wanna hang out with us?" Kazuya asked with a flirty smile.

"No thanks but Fuyumi and I are gonna go." Hana said, "So see you later, Kazuya, Jin." She referred over to Jin.

Fuyumi looked his way and finally noticed him, "Oh… It's you!"

Jin almost fell as she noticed him just now.

"Oi. He was there the whole time." Kazuya said.

"Oh really? Sorry." She said embarrassed once again.

"She's always like this, not taking in her surroundings." Hana commented. Fuyumi laughed.

"Why do you laugh and smile a lot?" Jin asked finally as he pushed himself off the wall and walked up in front of Fuyumi.

"It's annoying." He simply said as Hana started getting angry and Kazuya stood there tensed.

"Oh. Sorry." Fuyumi said smiling. Kazuya and Jin were surprised at her response. Then noticing she was smiling, Fuyumi stopped and looked all serious.

"Right. I won't smile in front of you." She said with an extremely funny serious face on.

Kazuya laughed, "She's funny, huh Jin?" Jin simply stood there, looked at her for a bit, then walked away.

"Hey where are you going Jin?" Kazuya asked.

"Home." He simply said, still walking away.

"Always a party pooper." Kazuya said, then he looked towards them, "You sure you don't want to stay longer?"

"We're sure." Hana said pulling Fuyumi along who smiled at Kazuya.

"Bye!" She said as he smiled at her smile and walked back inside the club.

"Ah, I want to take a long bath." Hana said.

"I think I need to get my stuff ready before bed." Fuyumi said as they stopped by her dorm.

"You want me to be there with you? Just to make sure he doesn't do anything?" Hana asked.

"What would he do?" Fuyumi asked. Hana simply smacked her forehead.

"No it's okay. You should take a bath. I'll be perfectly fine." Fuyumi smiled. Hana hesitated but agreed.

"Fine. But if anything happens, come to me quick okay?" Hana said as Fuyumi nodded. Hana then left to go to her room which was only a few rooms down.

Fuyumi entered her room as she saw Jin, in more comfortable clothing, reading again. He didn't even look up at her when she came in.

"Hi!" She said smiling, then she suddenly remembered and smacked the smile off her face. Jin took one glance at her but then looked back down at his book.

"Um… I'm just going to get my stuff organized." She said as there was no response. Then she went up the short flight of stairs and up to the upper half of the dorm room.

She left all the clothes in one cardboard box and left it next to her bed. Then she took out a picture frame with a picture of her family smiling out of a box.

This caught Jin's eye as he glimpsed at her and the picture.

"Yes?" Fuyumi asked as she noticed him looking.

"Ah… Nothing." Jin said as he looked back at the book. Fuyumi simply then started to finish organizing.

"Perfect." She said smiling to herself. Jin looked at her again, at her happy smiling face. He then looked back down to his book again.

"Hey Jin?" Fuyumi asked as she was looking down at him from the ledge.

He didn't look at her or anything.

"That song tonight, did you write it yourself?" Fuyumi asked.

Jin hesitated but then replied, not looking at her, "Yea."

"Really? That's really good. No wonder." Fuyumi said.

Jin wanted to ask something but waited a few seconds before asking, "How did you know?"

"Huh?"

"How did you know I wrote the song?" He still wasn't looking at her.

"Oh. Well it sounded a bit more natural when you sang your lines." Fuyumi said looking up at the ceiling, thinking.

Jin then looked at her as he was slightly in awe of her.

"I think you have a real talent." Fuyumi said looking at him and smiling. Jin looked at her for a few seconds but then looked away again. Fuyumi then knocked the smile off her face again.

"Sorry for smiling." Fuyumi apologized. Jin didn't say a word. Fuyumi then went down the stairs and to the bathroom to washup. After she closed the door Jin put his book down and thought for a while, looking at the bathroom.

*Well it sounded a bit more natural when you sang your lines.* Her voice rang through his mind.