You're Getting Married

Unwillingly Pledged to an Angel

 

We finally arrived at our destination which was a fancy restaurant. I looked at them confused. My mom smiled at me as she got out of the car. My dad got out and they waited for me to get out too. I looked at the dress and heels I was wearing. They were so pretty that I wondered how my parents could afford them.

“So who are we meeting and why do I have to dress like this?” I asked and my mom giggled then looked at my dad.

“Ok, we are meeting the Parks and we are going to discuss something. Plus, it is appropriate to dress like this since it’s a fancy restaurant.” My mom said and I nodded, knowing she wasn’t going to say anything else. So I followed my parents inside and they led me over to a table where I saw Mr. and Mrs. Park and a boy around my age. 

“Ah, there you are!” Mrs. Park said as my parents sat down. My mom pointed to the seat across from the boy and I quietly sat down in it.

“Ok, so what is it you got us all together for?” the boy asked.

“Well first introductions; Kyunghee this is our son Park Jungsu but he goes by Leeteuk. And Leeteuk this is Choi Kyunghee.” Mrs. Park said. Leeteuk waved a little wave and I did the same. Then we looked at our parents ready to know what they brought us here for.

“Ok, so we don’t have much money to pay for our house and we needed a quick solution. So we have arranged for you two to get married.” My dad said and I looked at him in surprise.

“WHAT?!” me and Leeteuk exclaimed at the same time. Both our parents chuckled at our reaction.

“I know it’s on such short notice but we need the money plus Leeteuk is a nice guy. Kyunghee things will be fine plus you can visit us whenever you want.”  My mom said and I looked at her in surprise.

“What do you mean visit?” I asked and she smiled.

“You will be moving in with the Parks tonight.” She said and I tried not to freak out.

“Um ok.” I said looking down at the table. I really didn’t want to leave my parents and live with a guy I barely knew. It didn’t matter if I knew his parents, I was still scared.

“This was not what I was expecting!” Leeteuk muttered and I nodded.

“You got that right!” I said as the waiter came to take our orders. We all ordered then I sat back in my chair wishing I could text Yuni. Mine and Leeteuk’s parents were making arrangements while we just sat in silence.

“Oh Kyunghee, I must inform you that you will have to sleep in Leeteuk’s room.” Mrs. Park said looking at me and my eyes widened in surprise.

“W-what?!” I asked and she chuckled at my reaction. My mom smiled and patted my back.

“Yes, our guests room are all filled and a couple should share a room. Also, you have to share the bed since there is only one in his room.” Mrs. Park said and I slumped back against my seat not sure what to think.

“This is not how I expected my day to go. I mean I just moved to a new town and a new school. Now I’m getting married! Aish.” I said. All three of the Parks laughed and my parents tried not to laugh.

“It happens,” Mr. Park said and I had to agree with him. I looked over at Leeteuk who was now staring off into space. Then, I looked down at my outfit and smiled.

“Mom, where did you get this outfit from?” I asked and she smiled. 

“I got it from your aunt in Osaka. I told her about the plans for tonight and she sent this to me. It was her prom outfit.” My mom replied and I smiled.

“Cool, how is she?” I asked and mom chuckled.

“She’s doing pretty good and she is getting married soon too!” my mom replied and I smiled.

“Great, is she marrying Jonghyun?” I asked and my mom nodded. “Good, because I like him. He has already been chosen as my uncle!” My mom laughed at what I said.

“That’s good. Oh, Bom you know Dara don’t you?” my mom said. Mrs. Park nodded and my mom smiled.

“Yeah I know her. She was the one who came and helped the Prom committee plan the Prom. It turned out amazing! I will have to have her help out again this year.” Mrs. Park responded.

“She is very good with that! Knowing her and her planning, her wedding is going to be amazing!” I said. My mom and Mrs. Park smiled at me then they looked at each other.

“Well, maybe she should come plan your wedding.” My mom said. I had to admit it was a good idea but I didn’t want to get married. The only thing about that idea that was a problem.

“I guess; how long do we have before the wedding?” I asked, hoping I had a while.

“Well, since we need the money soon, the wedding will be Friday. I am personally excited because there is a whole week of no school for you guys.” My mom said and I looked at her confused.

“Why are you excited about that?” I asked her and she giggled. Then it hit me and I almost groaned. “Oh yeah that. Just for fun, since I had nothing to do with this I am not eating honey.” I said and everyone looked at me puzzled.

“Why aren’t you going to eat honey?” Leeteuk asked.

“Think about it; after the wedding the couple goes on a vacation called a honeymoon and that has the word honey in it. I know it’s a stupid reason but it works for me.” I said and Leeteuk chuckled.

“Well that’s an interesting form of protest.” He retorted and stuck my tongue out at him. Both of our parents laughed at us and we looked at them confused.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“You two,” my dad said and I sighed.

“By the way Kyunghee, your stuff is already packed and in the car. So when we get done eating you can get your stuff and ride with the Parks to their house.” My mom said and I nodded. Then the food came and I ate in silence.