Happy Hair

Everything in its Right Place

All day, Minho had been teasingly mussing your hair. He was a good head taller than you were so it was no problem for him to do so. Earlier, you and Minho were leaving the classroom for break, and he carelessly tousled your hair. You squirmed under his hand and slipped away like a cat rubbing against a chair, feeling every sensation from his large palm to his calloused fingertips, which he got from constantly practicing his guitar. At first you were shocked and heartened at the same time, but you quickly masked your emotions. You didn’t want to scare him. Then, jokingly, you gave him a glare with pouted lips and then went on to pet your hair into place. Minho lightly laughed and left you in the room with a cheery feeling in the air and your heart beating twice as fast.

Returning from the restroom, you found the room empty. You sat down at your individual desk and buried your head into your arms. You were tired from staying up last night finishing up your homework that was due the next day. A gentle hand then woke you up with a pat on the back of your head. As if the pat had signaled some sort of magical act, you slowly began to lift up your head. You could barely open your eyes, but you attempted to search for the owner of the familiar hand. A towering figure stood beside your desk: Minho. Who else could it have been? He stood in silence until he shared his dashing smile and sat down in his seat.

Still in a daze from your mini nap and being even more put off by Minho’s mesmerizing smile, you put your head back onto the desk until Mr. Hu came into the room to start the lesson on Biology. Or at least, that was what you wanted to happen. As soon as your head touched the desk’s warm surface, which had been heated up by your arms before, something nudged your back. You groggily forced your head off the desk. Minho offered you some fruits from the container his grandmother had packed him. You declined his offer and drifted off once again. Once Mr. Hu entered the room, Minho tapped your head with the pizza box he had from lunch. (He asked you if you wanted his two leftover slices as well, which you also politely rejected.) You smothered your face with your hands and finally released it to take in a deep breath of air.

Class finally ended as you hardly made it through the lesson without collapsing. School was over now, and this was the time for most students to attend their clubs. This year, though, you quit your tennis club and instead, got to wait in class for your best friend to finish her club activities. Then, you guys could head off home together once she was finished. Sadly, her lacrosse club was the last club to finish on campus, so she wouldn’t be out until about 6PM. Other clubs like the knitting club finished at 4PM while the basketball club finished at 5:30PM.

You unknowingly dozed into a deep slumber and only woke up to the violent ruffling of your hair. You shot open your eyes to find Minho practically suffocating from trying not to laugh out loud and inadvertently wake you up. His eyes were teared up and his lips were bright red from being bit on too hard. Once he saw you had woken up, he burst out laughing. He shined a picture of you sleeping with your afro of a hairstyle on his cell. You freaked out and chased him, demanding him to delete the picture at once. He finally deleted the photo, only to let you know that he had already sent one to his email as a backup. You punched his arm in spite.

You asked him where everyone was. He said they had all gone home. You asked him what time it was and he replied that it was some time around 5:45PM. You then looked at him to notice that he had just come back from the showers after his basketball club. His hair was still slightly wet, and his skin was glistening in the peeking light of the setting sun. Your face began to grow hot, but luckily the room was getting darker. The room was fairly dim as the sun had almost hid itself behind the tall trees of the school. Unconsciously, you still looked away from Minho. At that moment, he once again attacked your hair.

That was the last time. You trailed him around the classroom in a wild goose chase of laughter, until you finally cornered him against a desk. You were determined to mess up his hair. You pushed him back so that he was leaning against the isolated desk in the corner of the room. You reached out on your tippy toes to have your hands reach the level of Minho’s head, when your feet slipped. Your thighs fit snugly between Minho’s spaced out legs and your hands wrapped around Minho’s neck. They felt so in place, as if they were meant to be there.

The room now had a pink glow that was threatening to fade away into pitch darkness. You were still laughing when you realized that your voice was the only one that you could hear. Your laughter slowly came to a halt and you opened your eyes to look up into Minho’s. His neck was craned to look down at yours. You froze. No words were spoken. No movements were taken. He looked at you with a certain fire in his eyes, and it almost frightened you. Minho, who had always kidded with you, now had a different and almost wild gleam of passion and desire in his eyes.

You didn’t know what to do. You continued to stare into his eyes while he continued to stare into yours, until for a split second you saw his eyes quickly avert to your lips and back to your eyes.

Within that jiffy of a second, Minho launched his lips onto yours. Without words, he communicated that he was desperate for you. He had been yearning for you.

He wanted you. Now.

You moved along with Minho’s lips as he took the lead. His broad hands supported your weakening body while they pushed your back closer to his chest. Your hands weaved through Minho’s dampened hair. It felt so good. So right. So perfect. He broke away from your face as both of you guys heavily panted. You stared in bewilderment. What had just happened?

You looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity of his sudden passion. You broke the silence with a giggle. He brought your head to his, causing your foreheads to touch. He stared into your eyes and gave you his dashing smile once again.

He whispered, “I love you. I have,” he breathed in, “ever since the first day we met.”

Your eyes widened, but soon relaxed. Your one-sided love was now mutual. All was good.

“__________!”

You could hear your friend calling. 6PM. Time to go home. Time to go back with everything in its right place: your best friend in one arm, your lover in the other.