pain

Falling In Love

You didn't want negative thoughts to spoil your first morning in school. The pain in your chest started to act up again but you tried your best to relive your stress.

You walk up to the bleachers and sat in the middle, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the cooling wind. You inhale the fresh air and close your eyes for a few moments.

" Alone? " You heard someone ask. You open your eyes and see Minhyuk walking towards you.

" Um, yeah. " You nodded your head and sat up straight.

" Where's your boyfriend? " He asks, taking sitting next to you.

You roll your eyes at his question. " Flirting with Minhee. " You muttered under your breath.

" What? "

You shake your head, uninterested in the conversation he was trying to bring up.

" Listen. You should watch out for your boyfriend. "

Your head immediately turn to him, his face as blank, the usual cold toned one.

" Why? What's going on. " You shift your body so that now you were totally face him.

But Minhyuk shakes his head, " Don't be another one of her victims-"

" Yoomi! " Woohyun's voice shouted. It startled you, but you didn't panic.

" Wae? " You simply answer.

" What are you doing with him? " He was now walking up the bleachers.

" We were just talking, Woohyun. " You and Minhyuk stand up. Woohyun walked in faster. He grabbed your wrist tight and yanked you away from Minhyuk. While he did, your ankle scratched against the screw of the screw of the bleacher, without realizing, blood started to flow. 

" Stay away from her. " Woohyun warned Minhyuk.

He simply played it cool, his hands in his blazer pockets. After warning him, Woohyun pulled you back into the school compound. She held in the pain, her bleeding ankle and the tight grip on her wrist. Woohyun had brought her to a corner of locker, where no one was.

He twirled you around and your back was against the locker.

" What were you doing with him?! " He shouted.

You tried to hide your anger and you didn't want to shout at him. You yanked your wrist away from his grip and pushed him away, making him stagger backwards. You then limped to the nearest toilet.

You grip the round sink with your fingers with your head held down. You then realize the huge blue blacking bruise on your wrist. You held it up and your left hands fingers lingered on it. The next thing you realize was you red stained socks and shoes.

You did nothing about it.

You let the pain continue. When the bell rang, you decide to go out, finally. Woohyun was there, squating on the floor with his face in his palms. You ignored his presence and limped towards class.

" Yoomi! " Woohyun shouted. He ran for you, trying to hold your wrist again, but before he could, you managed to back away.

" Don't touch me. " You said seriously.

You turn around and continue walking. You took a few glances back to see if Woohyun was still following, but he wasn't. You stopped in the middle of the hallway because you couldn't stand the pain your ankle was giving. Soon enough, you fell onto the floor.

* How could he do this to me? * You started to tear.

Then, you heard shuffling of footsteps coming closer to you.

" Yoomi, what happened? Your ankle's bleeding! " You looked up at saw Zico, the leader of Block B.

Many were scared of him, but only members of Block B knew the real him. He may look tought and mean on the outside, but there's another him on the inside. He gives respect and are kind to those who deserve it, and this time, it was you.

He had his his right arm under your legs and the left one around your shoulders. He carried you bridal style to the nurses room. He placed you down softly and slowly on the bed and called out, " Ganhosa-nim! "

She came rushing in with gloves. " Her ankle's bleeding. " Zico said.

" Arasso, I'll handle it. You can go back and tell her teacher that she's here. She'll be fine. " The nurse said.

Zico walked  backwards towards the door and you could see his face. " You'll be fine. " He mouthed to you.

While the nurse had attended to your ankle, your wrist was still in pain, but somehow, you managed to slip off into sleep for a while. When you woke up, the first person you saw was Zico.

" Oh hey. " He said softly while helping you up. You took a look at your ankle and saw that it was covered in layers of bandage and your wrist had a white plaster over it. 

" What time is it? "

" School just ended. " It should be around two pm now.

You stood up with the help of Zico but your left ankle was too painful to be straightened. * , how am I gonna get home? *

" I could send you home, if you'd like. " Zico offered and you were taken aback by it.

" No, it's okay. I can manage. You did so much for me already. "

" I'm not taking no for an answer, sorry. " He already had his bag pack around his shoulder and the door was already open. You limped out of the room slowly.

Zico was soft, his arms around your shoulders felt safe and secure. And you wondered where Woohyun was right now. When at the parking lot, you saw that Zico had a shiny black BMW motorcycle.

" Um, Zico, I don't think I can ride a motorcycle right now. "

" You're not, silly. " He took out his cellphone and dialed some numbers before the person answered,

" Ya, get your over here now! I need some help. " He shouted into the phone. " You better hurry. " Zico threathened. After that, he put back his phone. You scanned the parking lot to see any familiar faces.

At the corner of the lot, you spotted Woohyun's black car but that's not what caught your attention. You saw Woohyun and Minhee there, close together, almost hugging. Your eyes started to get whet.

* He's with her instead of taking care of me? He doesn't bother anymore? *

Zico saw your eyes and looked your way. He saw the ugly sight as well and quickly, he turned you around.

" You don't deserve an like him. " He said.

A few moments later, a red convertible showed up in front of the two of you. Jaehyo got out of the car while taking off his sunglases. He looked at you up and down and saw your ankle.

" What happened to you? " He asked coldly.

" er, be nice. " Zico pointed to Woohyun at the lot without you noticing. " I need you to send her home. " Jaehyo nodded in understanding. He opened the door for you and slowly, you let your legs in one by one. Zico passed you your bag pack.

" Thank you, Zico. " You said before Jaehyo left school.