After All This Time . . .

Ephemeral Rendezvous

Jonghyun just can't supposed it will happen.

His confusion feeling has been mixed with his feeling of surprise. He saw her accidentally, no promise to get it. When Jonghyun saw her eyes, and the girl did the same, it feels like the clock hands was ticking to left. People among them is like walk backwards and make the place silent, leaving only the two people looking each other.

At first, Jonghyun wanted to take a step back. But suddenly, he cannot move his legs.

It's been a long time.

"Wah, Jonghyun ! It's been a long time."

Even they did a telepathy by themselves.

Jonghyun smiled as bright as people know him. "Yeah, it's been a while too ! What are you doing here . . . Sekyung-ah ?"

"I'm waiting someone." said Sekyung. "And you ?"

"Me ? I'm just come around."

Jonghyun sat on Sekyung's table, face to face, with a pair of white porcelain cup on that mahogany table. Jonghyun starts to made a circular motion on the table, as if he wants to stir his beverage without touch the spoon. His eyes just look at a small vortex in the cup which spinning very very slow. All of sudden, Jonghyun's mind gave a signal about the similarities like thousands between the past and the present. The chair, the table, beverage, people who came and gone, until the solar evelation angle that formed their shadows.

That all of thing, that damn things, everything is the same as the time they had their first date.

"How's everybody ?" asked Sekyung again to break the ice.

"Very good, Taemin have graduated from high school."

"Oh really ? Congratulation !"

"Err . . . yeah."

The dialogue became freeze by itself, again. Jonghyun looks at Sekyung sipping her cappuccino, before he drinks his Viennese Coffee beside him. Its bitter  fragnant narrows his chest.

"And how about you ?"

"Good, very very good, if you look good, I can feel the same way."

Sekyung laughed a bit, "How well you can do read my mind ?"

"I know it from your eyes."

"I know it from your eyes." finally, the words that Jonghyun had said long time ago had been said again. He wonder what happen to him.

But it succeed to make Sekyung laughed again, "You said that word again . . . when we had first date . . ." they became silent for a long time. Her eyes still shines clear and bright. Jonghyun's heart wrinkled.

He wants to talk, told everything in his mind until his brain empty. But he can't find the moment, makes his hand trembling.

And Sekyung saw that hand, "Jonghyun, are you alright ?"

"Ah, no, I'm fine, I'm just . . ."

"No, I'm fine, I'm just . . ." and Jonghyun speechless, hestitated with his mind. Why the words he had said in the past suddenly popped on his mind ? Is the past was forced him to talk for real ?

"Joahe . . ."

"Jo—"

Sounds like that.

"I-is it possible we could being together again ?"

Sekyung hold her porcelain cup, surely she was surprised with her ex-boyfriend statement. But yesterday is history, what can she do ? Sekyung only put her cup back to the table.

"Jonghyun, did you know ? At first I love you so much, even though we are over, I'm still here and talk to you right ?"

"And I will always love you."

The young man in front of Sekyung screwed up, he surely remember Sekyung never say this word.

Shin Sekyung is the reason why Jonghyun falls in love, and break up. There is no difference.

Suddenly, Sekyung's phone ringing, she pick it and talk to the person called her. Jonghyun looked at her again, every expressions she make and her voice. "Sorry Jonghyun, I have to go now. Bye !"

And so she gone, leaving the man she had loved so much. Jonghyun saw her shadow left him, thinking deeply. It's true they broke up because of their works, but why ?

 

Why ?

 

Why ?

 

Why ?

 

 

 

 

 

He repeated the question word again and again, until the word is being meaningless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While the cappuccino was running out from the cup, the small vortex in the Viennese Coffee has been stopped.


Have a subscribe and comment, don't be shy =)