Chapter 2

Second Love...

*RING RING RING*  Chise's alarm clock rang as her hand wandered to turn it off.  Once she did she went right back to sleep.

"Chise!  Wake up!"  Ai woke her up as her vision adjusted to the bright morning.

"What time is it?"  She groggily asked.

"6.50!  Only ten minutes to get ready!"  Ai said as she was already dressed in her uniform.

"Right..."  Chise said as she slowly got up and slowly got ready.

Ai checked her watch and tapped her foot impatiently waiting.

Chise appeared after 7 minutes and Ai pulled her along, "WE're gonna be late for class!"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*RIINNNGGGG*

Chise was lying on her desk, dead, "My god.. Never ran so fast in my life... in the morning*

"Surprising i could run that fast huh?"  Ai said smiling with a peace sign.  Chise simply started sleeping on her desk.

"Alright class!"  the principal came in, "Since the music teacher is very ill.  She will be gone for a few weeks, maybe a month.  So for today.. Girls dont yell and guys dont get jealous...  We have Kazuya Kamenashi and Jin Akanishi with us today!"  

All the girls yelled anyway and the guys got jealous.  Ai's heart started thumping as Chise was sleeping.

"Please do well."  The principal said and hurriedly left the loud classroom.

"Alright everyone please settle down."  Kazuya asked but they were still screaming.

"HEY! SETTLE DOWN!"  Jin yelled, then they became quiet.

"Anyways.  We will be teaching today i guess.  Since we used to come here as well this is a fantastic opportunity."  Kazuya said.

"And while we are teaching we would like if you would all be quiet-"  Jin stopped when he saw Chise sleeping.  He didnt know her since he couldnt see her face clearly.  He then walked up the aisle and up to the third row where she sat.  

He put his face close to hers and all the girls gasped at his hotness.  He put a finger to his lips and shushed them as they squealed some more.  He then looked at Chise.

"Hey~  Student~  Please wake up~"  He said in a singsong type of voice just for fan service.  Everyone squealed some more but suddenly Chise's hand punched Jin's face as he stumbled rubbing his cheek.

"Ow!"  He said out loud.  Kazuya held in his laughter as Ai smiled and giggled as well.  Their eyes met and Kazuya was pleasantly surprised and waved slightly at her at which she smiled.

Chise then slowly rose from her desk and rubbed her eyes yawning, "Did i miss something?"  She said once she put up her groggy head and looked around.

"Y-You!"  Jin pointed and yelled.

Chise focused her attention at him and tilted her head thinking real hard, 'Do i know you"

Jin almost fell, "Remember?  You, YOU... Kicked me.."  He whispered the last part.

"Gonna have to be specific.  Kicked a lot of people."  Chise said sleepily.

Jin smacked his forehead as he was frustrated, "You.  See me after class."  Then he walked off.  Kazuya simply stood there awkwardly as they started teaching.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*RIINNGGG*  It was time for lunch as everyone crowded around Kazuya and Jin who signed a few autographs.  Kazuya was paying more attention to Ai though as Jin was slightly glaring and staring at Chise who simply rested her head on her desk again.

"No lunch?"  Ai asked.

"Must have more sleep."  Chise said as she made her head comfortable on the desk.

Ai giggled.

'Alright now everyone go to the cafeteria and eat alright?"  Jin asked as they obediently said yes and left the classroom excited.

"Lets go Chise."  Ai said wrapping up her lunch and walking towrads the door of the classroom.  Once she got there she waited for Chise.

Chise hesitantly picked up her head and got off the chair.  She walked towards the door to Ai but a voice stopped her.

"Hey you!"  Jin said with his arms crossed, "We need to talk."

"Maybe some other time."  Chise waved him off as he got angry and walked to her grabbing her arm violently.  Chise then woke up right away and pushed him off.  

Kazuya then went to Ai, "Ai-chan.  Lets go and leave these two to handle things alright?"

"But-"  Ai thought but then nodded as she looked at Chise worriedly.

"What the hell is your problem?"  Chise asked.  "You know its pretty hard to make me mad.  So congratulations for being the first person to make me mad the first time weve met."  

"We met yesterday and you didnt properly apologize."

"I did!"  Chise yelled back.

"Hey?  Do you even know who i am?"

"Some kind of a guy?"  Chise said.

"I'm Jin akanishi!"

"And i'm Chise Song!'  All was silent for a bit as Chise spoke again, "Awkward... huh... well arlight then."

"Im not done."  Jin said.

Chise smiled, "Well i am."

"You baka!"  Jin yelled, "If you're going to kick someone at least remember them!"

"I do!  NOw!  YOu're the annoying guy who kept yelling at me last night."  Chise said.

"Y-Yea!  And what do you mean annoying?!"  Jin yelled again.  He didnt know why but he felt this slighty happy feeling once she said she remmeberd him.

"Need me to spell it out for you?"  Chise asked him.  They then went into a staredown until Kazuya and Ai came back.

"WE're back!-"  Ai stopped once she saw them staring each other down.

kazuya nervously laughed scratching the back of his neck.  Ai let out a sigh as she shook her head at the sight.

Chise then finally looked away and walked towards Ai, "I'm gonna leave for today."

"What?!  But Music class still hasnt ended yet!"  Ai yelled.

"Let her!  Its not like a rockhead like her can understand music."  Jin said crossing his arms and insulting her.

"Ah.."  Ai tried to stop him but he continued on.

"I bet shes so stupid that the only thing she gets is fighting.  She will never be able to have the right emotions for music."  Jin said.  Chise tightened her fist and got angrier and angrier.

"Jin.. stop."  Kazuya said noticing the tense atmosphere but Jin kept going.

"So you should just leave you rockhead-"  Chise went up to him and let out a punch at him.  Jin closed his eyes and waited for the impact but once he opened them slowly he just saw her fist up to his face just a few inches away.  Her arm was shaking as she looked up at him with anger in her eyes.  She then let down her arm and turned around and walked away.

"Chise..."  Ai said worried.

"Dude you went too far this time."  Kazuya said.  

"Pshh.. Whatever."  Jin said acting like he didnt care.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chise was sitting down on a swing set that was randomly set near the school.  She sighed as she remmebered voices in her head.

*All you know is how to fight!  You'll never get anywhere in life!*  A women's voice said in her mind.

*You're useless!  A rockhead!  What more can you offer us!  Nothing!*  A man's voice said next.  Chise closed her eyes as she put her shaky hands to her ears to try to stop the voices.  She started crouching and shaking her head.

"Chise?"  Chise then stopped as the voices stopped and looked up to see Ai with worry written all over her face.

"Ai..."  She said.  Then she stood up and smiled, "Ahhaha..  Just had a headache.  You know fighting with that guy and all"  

Ai then suddenly had tears in her eyes.  They didnt fall but they were b in her eyes.  Chise noticed and stopped smiling, "Ai whats wrong?"

"Chise you idiot!"  Ai yelled as the tears started to slowly drip down, "why wont you ever just tell me the truth?"  She wiped some tears away with the sleeves of her uniform.

Chise stood there speechless.

"Why cant you just admit to me that youre hurt?!"  Ai yelled some more.

Chise stood there still speechless then she smiled and walked over to Ai.  As she went up to her she hugged Ai.

"Dont cry caus of me you idiot."  Chise said as she kept hugging her.

Ai started to talk with a wavering voice, "I wanna help you Chise... After everything youve done for me i wanna help you..  i wanna be the family that you never had!"  She looked up at her best friend.

Chise smiled and lightly punched her cheek, "Stupid you already are practically my sister."  She then gave her a warm smile.  Ai looked at her with slight awe.

"How are you able to do that..."  Ai said as Chise looked at her confused.

"How can you smile after everything youve been through?"  Ai asked.

Chise then smiled again, "Cause i have people like you by my side."  Ai then gave a slight smile.

While they were talking what they didnt notice was Jin hiding behind a tree over hearing everything.

*Tch... Guess ill have to apologize later...*  He then walked away back to the classroom.

"Alright Ai you should get back to class."  Ai looked at Chise, "What about you?"  

"I think imma rest."  Chise said, "Maybe ill more awake tomorrow."  Then Ai nodded as she left back to the classroom.

Chise smiled the whole time as Ai left but once she was out of sight Chise stopped smiling and sat back down on the swings, her eyes looking dead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLASSROOM:

"Ai Haruno.  Youre late, lets make sure that doesnt happen again."  Kazuya playfully said which made Ai blush and the girls squeal.

Once Ai took her seat Jin came back as well.

"Jin nice of you to join us."  Kazuya said sarcastically then they began the lesson again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the end of class and the girls tried to get to Kazuya and Jin again but they forced them to stop and go home.  Ai was the last to leave but Jin stopped her.

"Hey your friend...  was she really hurt by what i said?  I was joking..."  Jin said slightly feeling guilty.

Ai slightly smiled, "im not even sure myself."

"What do you mean?"  

"Well Chise always puts up this facade.  Its a fake smile but it always seems so real.  Thats why i dont know for sure if she was hurt by your words or was just hurt by something else."

"Something else?... ah... okay then,.."  Jin said nodding.

Kazuya then spoke up, "Well then why dont we make her feel better?  Can we hang out at your place?  We could play some games."

Ai blushed, "W-Well if youd like..."

"How bout it Jin?"  Kazuya asked.

"Tch... Whatever, do what you want."  Jin said acting cool.

"Guess thats a yes."  Kazuya said smiling at Ai.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ding dong*  the doorbell to Ai's apartment rang.  Chise was awake and she sat at the dinner table in silence with food in front of her but she was frozen with dead eyes in front of it.  There was only the sound of the clock ticking.

She was wearing her pajamas.  A blue sweatshirt with grey sweats and she wore her hair into a messy bun.  Once the bell rang she slightly jumped but then put down her spoon and left to open the door.

"Ai?"  She looked up as she opened the door but instead she was greeted by a punch.  Chise fell back onto the floor.

"Tch.  This B*tch again."  The same guy from the club said with 4 other men with him.

Chise slowly got up, shaking because of lack of food.  She wiped the slight blood from her lips as she looked up and glared at him.

"Where's Ai?"  He asked.

"Thats none of your business."  Chise smirked.  

"Another fight is that it?"  The guy asked as he nodded to the 4 men behind him.  Chise was in ready stance.  They charged after her.  she put up a decent fight but wasnt as good as last night because she was feeling weak of the lack of nutrients in her system.

She took a few punches and kicks as she fell back holding onto her gut.

She was breathing heavily.  They then charged again and brought her down to the ground kicking her.  Chise was helpless.

"Finish up that useless girl you guys."  The man in charge said.  Once she heard the word useless again Chise remembered those voices again and she was even more helpless as she put up her shaky hands up to her ears and closed her eyes trying to deal with the voices and the pain from getting kicked.

Suddenly she heard yelps from the man in charge and felt less and less kicks on her body.  But the voices kept getting louder and louder as she kept shutting her eyes tighter.

*Stop.. shut up..*  She said in her thoughts.

*You USELESS GIRL!*  A man's voice rang.

suddenly she felt hands on her raising her up.  This triggered a memory in her brain,  there was a picture of a man raising her up and throwing her out a door as she looked at a few figures in front of her scorning her.  Then as reflex she pushed away whatever was holding her.

"NO!"  She yelled but the hands gripped tighter on her and she couldnt push them away.

"Calm down!  Its me the annoying guy!"  Jin's voice rang.  

"No! NO! STOP IT!"  Chise yelled louder as she still remembered the people in front of her laughing and scorning her as she was crying outside the door.

"Chise!"  Ai yelled then Chise rmemebered her voice and slowly snapped out of it.

Kazuya went up to her as well, "Are you okay?"  Chise looked around, first seeing Ai and Kazuya with worry.  Then she saw Jin front of her who was holding her.

"Hey..."  Jin said looking at her with worry as well.

Chise was shaking still as she touched her face, her sweaty bruised face.  She started to fall but Jin caught her and held her in his arms.  He felt her cold shaking body and was surprised that this was the same girl from last night.

Ai looked on with more worry.

"Its okay..."  Jin said patting her back slowly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------