Death Wish.

Everlasting.

 

Wan Imaan Natasha, that’s her name. Her name means strong faith, and she does have a strong faith. Her life was far from perfect, she became an orphan when she was 5, she lived with her grandparents since then, but they died too when she was 15. Now, she’s alone in this world, with no one to depend on, but a smile never left her face, despite all the challenges she had to face. She was always the top student, and with her amazing body and beautiful face, she climbed the ladder of success rather quickly and was now one of the world’s top model, but still life was far from perfect. Though she had everything, she had nothing, but everything changed when she met her old friend, Idura.

 

She was in the mall, when she accidentally bumped into an old friend. “Sorry, I didn’t notice you,” she said while wiping off the coffee that accidentally spilled on her skirt.

 

“It’s fine, are you ok?” the person asked, Natasha looked up and to her surprise it was her old friend, Idura. They used to be best friend in High School, but then Idura moved to US to pursue her dreams of becoming a lawyer.

 

“Idura! Is it really you??! “ she said, pinching herself, just to make sure that she wasn’t dreaming. “Natasha, it’s really me.” Idura said, tears were flooding her eyes as she starts to remember the times they spent together during high school. Then they decided to go to a coffee shop nearby to catch up with each other.

 

“I read about you recently, in and out of rehab, leaving the man of your dreams, what happened to my innocent friend?” Idura said, Natasha was dumb founded, she didn’t know what to say, her life has been a mess since she left Sungmin, yes Sungmin from the popular boyband Super Junior, they were engaged before, but then she left for Sungmin, but until now, no one knows why she did that.

 

“Idura, I’m sick, and Sungmin is not here to support me, I can’t do this, life is just too hard.” she said before she started crying. Idura sat there, unknown to Natasha, Idura is Sungmin’s best friend, Ryeowook’s fiancee, she knew that Sungmin had always loved Natasha, it was obvious. She knew that the only reason Sungmin haven’t killed himself was because he thought that if he waited, maybe, just maybe Natasha, would come back to me.

 

“Natasha, you know that I’m engaged with Sungmin’s best friend, Ryeowook, right?” Idura said, looking down as she was afraid that she’ll cry if she looked at her friend. “Idura, I do know that, and look at me, my darling.” Natasha said, taking Idura’s hand into her own. “ I love him, but I don’t have much time left, so please, take care of him for me.” Natasha said to Idura, who was crying her eyes out at this point. 

 

“Natasha, when are you going to...” Idura said, unable to say the dreadful word, “ In one month probably.” Natasha said as tears began to roll down her flawless cheeks. Idura wiped away the tears on Natasha’s cheek and promised her that she’ll stay by her side till the very end, and she kept her promise. She was there till the day Natasha died.

 

A month had passed since Natasha’s death, Idura and Sungmin wedding is just around the corner, yes Idura and Sungmin. Idura left Ryeowook to fulfill Natasha’s dying wish, although it was hard for her to do that, she knew that it was the right thing to do and she cannot be selfish. “Idura, Natasha told me to pass this to you.” Sungmin said as he passed her fiancee a letter. “Thank you Sungmin, by the way, Ryeowook called earlier.” Idura said, smiling sweetly at her fiancee. Idura opened the letter, and she couldn’t help but cry when she read the content,

 

 

My Friend Idura, Thank you for being there for me till the very end,

I’m so glad that we met again before I died,

You were the only one who could make me happy beside Sungmin,

Don’t feel guilty for marrying him,

I loved him, but I can’t be with him,

You can, and I want you to,

Please Marry Him, Take Care of Him for me,

I’m sorry for making such request, but please, I beg you,

Make him happy, and I’ll be happy.

I never felt complete before, but now I do, Thank you.

 

Goodbye My Friend,

Natasha

 

While she was reading the letter, suddenly Sungmin came, but Idura was too preoccupied with the letter to notice Sungmin’s presence. Seeing Idura crying, reminds him of the love of his life, Natasha. He stills remember what she said to him before she died.

 

He was there to visit her, like he does every day without fail, but today felt different, Natasha wasn’t as happy today. Her face was sad, and she was lying on her bed weakly, and there wasn’t a smile on her face. Sungmin came to her bedside, and held her hand against his chest.

 

“Sungmin, you’re here.” Natasha said, with a sad smile on her face. Seeing Natasha sad was bad, but seeing her with a sad smile was like torture for Sungmin.

“Yes, I am my love.” Sungmin said as she kissed Natasha’s cold hand.

“I don’t have much time left, I want you and Idura to get married, please?” Natasha said, with all the strength she had left, she was already too weak, she knew that she didn’t have much time left.

“But Ryeowook, but if that what you want, then I’ll do it.” Sungmin said as tears began running down his face.

Thank you, Can you name your daughter after me?” Natasha jokingly said, Sungmin nodded and told Natasha to go back to sleep as she looked to weak.

Natasha went to sleep with a smile on her face that day, but she never woke up.

 

“Sungmin, are you okay?”  Idura said to her fiancee who was unconsciously crying. “I’m okay, I was just thinking about....her.” Sungmin said, Idura nodded and went back to putting on make-up for the wedding.

 

The got married, and had a daughter named, Natasha Hib, her names means Strong Love, and she was named that so that Idura and Sungmin could remember the strong and everlasting love they had for their friend, though heartbroken, Ryeowook was always there to support his friends throughout their marriage, he and Idura remains best friend.