The Blacklake-Legend

The Blacklake-Legend

This morning Sulli woke up early at 7am, because she was so excited that she will meet her secret boyfriend again. She hadn't seen him since two weeks ago and now she was going to have a get-together with him in the Blacklake-Forest at midnight.

The whole day she couldn't concentrate on the things she did. And then it was time. At 11pm she told her parents that she wanted to go to bed earlier, because she was tired. And so she said her parents good night, went upstairs and laid herself down on her bed.

After pretending to sleep for ten minutes she stood up, opened her window and jumped through it directly on the garage roof. From there she jumped down on the ground and took her way to the forest.

Only ten minutes after she had entered the forest she heard a strange noise behind her. At first she was stunned. 'Oh my god! What was that?', she thought anxiously. Then she heard the noise again. Hectically she turned around and saw her secret boyfriend, Taemin, standing there. "Oh. It's just you.", Sulli sighed, "You scared me to death."

"Ha! Your fear was with good cause, Sulli.", Taemin said with a mysterious voice, which the girl never ever had heard from him before. Confused she looked at him. All of a sudden her boyfriend grabbed her shoulder and pulled Sulli away from the lighted forest track and towards the Blacklake. The moment Sulli wanted to ask him what the hell he was doing, the boy started to laugh a deep and dangerous sounding laughter. That frightened Sulli even more and she just wanted to get away from this crazy boy.

She did a step back, but unfortunately she tripped over a big root and fell to the wet, dirty ground. She tried to crawl backwards but stopped as she saw what was happening to Taemin. Her eyes widened when she realized that he just transformed into a monster, or better said something which was half human and half monster. After transforming he had long, curly, black hair and his hands had changed into claws. His eyes got light green and his teeth became like ones of a wolf.

A deep loud growl came out of his throat and then his glance fixed on Sulli. The girl was so afraid that she couldn't move a centimeter or just give a noise. She only sat there on the ground, staring at the creature which came nearer her, while tears started running down her cheeks. "You!", the creature bellowed, "Did you never hear about the story of the girl who disappeared in this forest two years ago? Back then it was me who kidnapped the girl by using tricks to gain her trust. It's your bad luck that I came back to search for a new victim and first met you." Sulli just continued staring at him and crying hard.

All at once the creature grabbed her and pressed her against a tree, from which she could see the Blacklake perfectly, even through all her tears. "I hope you like the view at the lake, because it'll be the last thing you'll ever see." With that words he took a sharp piece of wood and rammed it into her chest, directly through her heart. When he let go of her, she sank to the ground and the leaves under her dyed red. "I just need to see fresh blood once in a while.", he whispered and tears started to form in his eyes, "But I'm only able to kill a person I fell in love with." And with that the creature, which had been Taemin not so long ago, grabbed her moveless, white corpse. He tied a heavy stone around her ankle using a rope and threw her into the Blacklake. He waited until her corpse couldn't be seen anymore and walked away, deeper intio the dark forest, sobbing.

And so, nobody saw Sulli ever again and the legend came up, that everybody who does just few steps into the forest, will get swallowed by the Blacklake and the people who live near the Blacklake-Forest will hear the sobs of the dying person.