Chap 1 - Decision Made

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hell no!" Taecyeon voice thundered the whole room as he shot up from his chair. After a moment of silence, he ultimately his properly gelled hair backwards, heaving a question with restraint irritation "Why me?"

 

"Because you're the best architect this firm has ever had Taec," Jaebum laid back answer bounce back his rage meter to the maximum. "Don't give me that crap, Jay!"

 

In his fury, Taecyeon voice obviously climb to a higher octave as Nichkhun notices interested stares they are currently receiving from outside the window. "Guys, could we please resolves this whole matter in a more peaceful manner?" on his way to close the blind, Nichkhun smiles earnestly to both his friends. Considering the situation, their employees would certainly have a lot to gossip about at today's lunch.

 

"Oh, I'd love to Khun," Taecyeon is totally gearing towards sarcasm. "I'd be very pleased to discuss whatever crap this is much peacefully if both of you stop sabotaging my engagement ceremony,"

 

"Nobody is sabotaging your engagement ceremony, for GOD's sake," Jaebum breathe out in utter disbelief.

 

"Yeah? Then what is this?" pointing to the scattered business proposal on the table Taecyeon prod them for answer. "I'm getting engage in two weeks time and you ask me to fly to Italy for one and a half week? What is that?!"

 

The air in the room is still intense and being a sensitive guy that he is, Nichkhun registers the rigid atmosphere right away. "Taec, buddy would you please hear us first?" proficiently, Nichkhun go for a softer approach.

 

Throwing a look at Nichkhun, Taecyeon finally settle himself on the chair again, feeling less agitated. "Fine, I'm hearing,"

 

Stealing a glance at Jaebum on the opposite seat, Nichkhun receives an approved nod. "Look Taec, this is just a proposal, nothing is definite yet at the moment. And for the record, you can decline the position. Considering the situation you're in...we'd understand,"

 

"Great!" Taecyeon spares no time to think. "I decline the position,"

 

"O.K.," Jaebum loosen up as he settles his head on the headrest. "But you need to remember you're the person responsible introducing our firm to Pledis Inc."

 

Shooting a disdain look Jaebum's way, Taecyeon asks under gritted teeth. "Are you trying to guilt trip me now Jay?"

 

"Nobody is trying to guilt trip anybody Taec. I'm just stating the fact," Jaebum reverts to his formal posture. "We've been in this business for 7 years, and I do think you should know better. Do you really think we intentionally named you as the representative? We have considered every alternative possible before we made the decision. We know you're in a tight corner and we know we're supposed to be your best friends but as joint president of this firm we can't always put your personal need first. We have hundreds more staffs to think about,"

 

"We understand if you feel wronged but believe me we are really not ganging up on you," Nichkhun adds sincerely.

 

Listening to his friends, Taecyeon begins to contemplate himself. For the past few weeks he has been too preoccupied with the preparation for his upcoming engagement, he barely had time to attend to anything work related. He was in the office but all he did was basic; sign papers and review sketches, nothing of it includes proofread documents or following up on latest proposal. Obviously, he has been cramming all the heavy thinking to Nichkhun and Jaebum. Looking back, he has been selfish far too long. Abruptly removing himself from his seat, Taecyeon knows he decided. "I'll discuss it with Fany but I won't promise anything," he said it all in one breath before he walks straight out.

 

As the door thud to a close, Nichkhun looks over to Jaebum . "He looks disturbed. Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter