C16: Burning cheeks, Warm cheeks

Misfortune is the name

 

From: Unknown number
 
Hi Hwa Young, it's Hyun Woo here. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Do you want to meet up for lunch sometime soon?
 
I wondered for a bit; contemplating who Hyun Woo was until it hit me that sunbaenim was the only recent person whom I've given my contact to.
 
In terms of relationships and crushes... I must be an epic failure because who on earth knows their crush but don't know their name? Considering how I've met him numerous times in the practice room. Why didn't I ever think of asking for his name?
 
Reading the text over and over again, I can't believe that sunbaenim finally contacted me. It's been a month since that dinner date and it almost feels like a dream that he's asking me out.
 
"I'd like to meet with you soon but Omonim has me grounded for running off that night." I texted him back.
 
When I saw my phone screen blinking a few minutes later, my thoughts of doing homework flew out the window.
 
From: Hyun Woo
 
Really? Well, let's see about that :)
 
Staring at his words, it made me wonder what he was going to do and what he's capable of.
 
-
Saturday rolling by, I was rudely awakened by my Omonim. 
 
Didn't she fly off to some Mediterranean island last week? Why the heck is she doing in my room?
 
"Wake up Hwa Young. You have a lunch date this afternoon with the Choi family's son. I expect you to be ready for the stylists in 5 minutes." 
 
"The Choi's?" I asked through my grogginess.
 
"Choi Hyun Woo, the dinner date that you ditched." Yanking a fistful of my hair in her hand. 
 
"I don't know what you did to get him to ask for a second date but you better not mess this up" She hissed before letting me go roughly.
 
"4 minutes left" The damned woman sashayed her out of the room.
 
I grit my teeth and go through my morning routine, not caring about her deadline because its only 8am in the morning.
 
I seriously can't wait to be of legal age and find a way to escape from this domineering woman.
 
"You're late"
 
That shrill voice made its way to my ears and I could tell she was fuming and about to burst at the seams from anger. 
 
"Hi Daisy" I greeted the hair and makeup artist that was usually assigned to me. When it's just us we chat more and I would ask for tips and advices on different kinds of makeup style but today, Omonim stays throughout the entire process of my makeup. 
 
Fifteen minutes passes by and the entire process is done. Simple, light makeup that I usually get. Daisy understands that I don't like heavy and thick makeup but it seems that the message never got through to my Omonim as she yells at her for not doing her job well.
 
"Daisy did her job perfectly! This was what she gave me the night I met the Choi family's son!" I got up and stood between them. "If he liked me that evening, I should ask of the same from that evening! Nothing more, nothing less!" 
 
She was livid, I could tell as her ears went red and a few of her veins in her neck were beginning to pop out. We staring each other down silently daring the other to back down and out.
 
Minutes passed and when my Omonim saw that I wasn't going to budge, she shot me a seething look before clacking her heels noisily out of the room.
 
"Wow, I've never seen turmoil between family members like this" Daisy commented as she began packing her stuff. 
 
Slumping into the chair a heavy sigh left my lips. "That's my Omonim for you. She comes and goes as she like, wanting to control every single aspect of my life as if I'm a doll or puppet and when she finds that it's too much trouble and stressful for her manicured hands she takes the first flight to the Mediterranean."
 
 "I'm sorry to hear that –"
 
"Don't be, I'm not sorry for the pathetic excuse of a mother that she is." I deadpanned as I stared at the clock on the wall. "Great, she made me 3 hours early for my date with Hyun Woo"
 
"So much time left? You've got your outfit figured out already?" Daisy looked at me in surprise.
 
Nodding, I offer to show her my outfit. Heading back to my room and changing carefully without ruining my makeup, I looked at the person in the mirror and a small smile of excitement tugs at my lips. Donning a short sleeved, V-neck dress that ended one or two inches above my knees; the top was pure black while from the waist down was a feminine black floral print. The dress was loose seeing how I bought it before I lost weight, I used a chunky black belt to define my shape a little more.
 
Worried that the weather might get cold, I had slipped on the coffee colored jacket and wore mustard yellow ballet flats for a touch of vibrancy. Completing the look with a simple necklace, I smoothed the edges of my dress and went to show my look to Daisy.
 
"Someone is certainly dressed to impress" Giving me her nod of approval for my outfit, she said there was one last thing before my look was truly complete. Bringing out her curling irons, we waited for them to heat up sufficiently before she got started on curling my hair around it a few times. 
 
By the time we were done, my usually flat and boring straight hair was transformed into soft wavy locks. It wasn't overdone like a doll's hair and neither did it look as if someone tied their hair up too tightly and too long, I was beaming at my reflection feeling really excited for the date. 
 
Heading back to my room to grab a sling bag to put my phone, wallet and a portable charger, I checked myself in the mirror one last time. 
 
"Wow, someone's looking good" I jumped when I heard another voice in my room.
 
The moment I realized that it was Zico, all of a sudden I felt self-conscious about the way I looked. He has already seen me in my club getup, formal dinner dress, the jacket and jeans outfit that he bought me and the dreadfully plain T-shirt and shorts that I always wore at home but he never saw me wearing anything this sweet and girly.
 
"A beauty in anything that she wears" Giving a low whistle as he circles around me "What's the occasion?" 
 
"I'm meeting someone later for lunch" My cheeks feel like they're burning up and my heart quickens for a reason that escapes me.
 
Zico eyes me for a few seconds before giving a wide smile. "Enjoy your lunch later, I'm glad to hear that you're able to head out and eat"
 
"Y-yeah, somehow my Omonim had a change of mind" I tuck a lock of hair behind my ear, shifting my weight nervously from one foot to another.
 
His arms wraps around me in one quick motion, "I'm glad I came to checkup on you this morning." Zico whispers into my ear and it makes the hair on the back of my neck tingle as they stand on end. "I got see a different side of you today" 
 
I could hear the smirk in his voice as his arms tighten around me. The smell of his cologne fills my lungs and it's strangely relaxing, soon my eyes closes out of its own accord. 
 
I feel the familiar gentle pressure on my cheek, his lips linger on my skin before his hold on me loosens.
 
When I open my eyes I find that he is staring at me. Reflexively I turn my head to the side out of awkwardness, "I'll be back to check on you another time" he says and I feel him pulling away from me. Watching his back walk to the door and closing it behind him, I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. 
 
Going back down to the room where Daisy was, "Wow, did that standoff with your mother make you really angry or something? You're really red" She passed me her round salon mirror. 
 
True enough, my face was bright red but it wasn't anger that I was feeling. Returning the mirror back to Daisy, I made a small sound of agreement to put the blame on my Omonim. There was no way that I was going to tell her or anyone that it was caused by a guy who was climbing up a tree, going in and out of my room as he wishes. 
 
Packing her things, Daisy got ready to leave and wished me good luck for my lunch date later. 
 
I thanked her as she left but the thing was... The lunch date was far from my mind as Zico filled my thoughts. 
 
How often has he come by without me knowing?
Why was he here so early in the morning? 
Why must he give me a kiss on the cheek and a hug before he leaves?
Why the hell must he be such an in school and create that fuss?
 
I flopped onto a nearby sofa, bogged down by all my thoughts and questions. 
 
The only conclusion that I could make was that Zico's an enigma through and through.
 
Before I knew it, one of the house help came to inform me that Hyun Woo was at the foyer of the mansion. Getting to my feet, I try and shove all my thoughts of the annoying blonde to the back of my mind as I went to meet my date.
 
Smiling when I saw Hyun Woo and his surprised reaction when he saw me. Complimenting on how pretty I looked made my cheeks warm up, wanting to change the topic to something else I asked how he had managed to convince my Omonim to let me out. 
 
He shrugs saying that he made a call to her and she seemed to be overjoyed that he was asking to meet me again.
 
We walk out to the front steps where a car was already there waiting for us. Hyun Woo goes ahead and opens the backseat passenger door like a gentleman while I went in as ladylike as I could. Closing the door after me before getting in from the other side, the car pulls out of the estate and I felt my phone buzz from receiving a text.
 
From: Ji Ho
 
Hwa Young, I forgot to tell you this earlier on. I'm glad that you're wearing the jacket I bought on your date with another guy~
 
I'll see you around soon ;)
 
My eyes widening in realization, I quickly exited from my messages and shut off the screen. 
 
*Holy crap* I cursed in my mind, not that Hyun Woo will ever find out that the jacket is from Zico... but why the heck am I even wearing a gift from a guy while I'm on a date with another guy?
 

Annyeong~

Back with another chapter^^ Sorry that it took me so long, I was lacking in inspiration for this story >.< Just when I felt like I was done with one writer's block, I somehow run headfirst into another writer's block =.=

With Love;

Violynn (29/05/2013 ; 2:28am)