The Glance

12:51

IU's POV

I sat there on one of the vacant benches of the train station, waiting patiently for the train to arrive. I clutched my suitcases and dragged them closer to me, counting them again to make sure that they are all present. I gave out a sigh as I thought about how should I spend the entire summer up in my Parent's farm house. I looked up into sky seeing the sun giving it a bright orange hue. Lifting up my feet, I slowly placed them on top of one the vacant seats, puffing my cheeks as I watched the different commuters passing by me.

"I wonder how my summer will turn out when I arrive there." I muttered to myself. I unconsciously grabbed my guitar as I strummed a few random chords. And even before I knew it, I started playing this one song that I really love. I smiled to myself as I continued to sing and play, occasionally spotting passers-by staring it me. I ignored them as I continued to sing as If I was the only one there.

Saying "I love you"
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say, but if you only knew how easy
It would be to show me how you feel

More than words
Is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know

I ended the song with a few more strums before placing down my guitar on the tiled floor of the trainstation with a happy smile on my face. Suddenly I heard the familiar screeching of the train against the tracks. I grabbed my two suitcases filled with my clothes and belongings as I boarded the train. Luckily, there weren't alot of people yet so I can choose where I can sit. I huffed up my heavy suitcases as best as I can, trying to place them inside the luggage compartment. I went up on my tippy-toes but I was still too short. Curse myself for being short. I looked to where I entered earlier to see alot of people flooding to get inside. I bit my lip as I hurried up to secure my things before someone tried to steal my seat.

 

 

Taeyang's POV

I bounced my huge backpack behind me as I adjusted the weight behind me. I wiped the few beads of sweat on my forehead, adding to my list of woes, my camera dangling on my neck. I held the camera close to my body since I really needed this for my assignment. I gave out a sigh as I thought about what my boss asked me to do. Sheesh~ Its the summer! Can't I just relax just this once?

*FLASHBACK*

"Young Bae-ssi." My boss called out to me. I snapped my head towards his direction and went towards him.

"Sir, I'm fine if you call me Taeyang. It really is not problem." The man let out a chuckle as he draped his arm over Taeyang's shoulder.

"Okay then. Taeyang-ssi. I need you to do something for me? are you willing to help me?" he asked. Taeyang thought for a moment before looking back at him again.

"That depends. What is that something that you want me to do?"

"Well. I want you to take a few pictures. Maybe a couple dozen or so, probably more. Pictures showing the natural landscape of Korea. So how about it?" Taeyang scratched his head as he looked at him with a gloomy look on his face.

"Aish~ what for? Sir its my vacation time next week. And you want me to work?" He asked. " And what are the pictures for anyway?" His Boss gave him a cheeky smile as he threw him a brown cardboard folder. Taeyang looked at him curiously for a few seconds before opening up the folder.

"So you need me to take pictures to promote a company's tourism gig?" Taeyang asked. The man nodded his head.

"Yes indeed. Actually that particular company specifically asked for you Young Bae-ssi."

Taeyang. It's Taeyang." He corrected him.

"Taeyang-ssi. Well, they saw your last assignment and were impressed. You'll get payed you know, and well for that matter."

" Oh Fine. Since I'm going to my Aunt next week anyway." The man fist-pumped the air as he patted smacked Taeyang squarely on the back.

"Thats my boy. The deadline for the pictures is still far far away, so you have alot of time to enjoy your vacation by then." Taeyang gave out a sigh as he nodded his head.

"Any more questions Taeyang-ssi?" Taeyang silently shook his head.

"Arasso. You can leave now. And thanks again, your really a life saver."

*End of Flashback*

I shook my head as I quickly boarded the train after a long day-dreaming session. I shuffled inside, seeing alot of people already in their seats. I struggled with my huge bag since the narrow hallway was to constricting for me. Scanning left and right, I started searching for a vacant seat where I could occupy. I softly smiled seeing a vacant seat near the edge of the doorway on the other end. I suddenly found a girl struggling with her luggage, giving her all as she tried to push it inside the compartment. I chuckled to myself finding the scene rather amusing. I walked up and stood beside her, removing the huge backpack behind me. I easily threw it inside the compartment with ease before  taking a seat.

 

IU's POV

*Aish~ that guy didn't help me. And he even took my seat!* I mentally shouted, puffing my cheeks with irritation. *Aish~ the nerve of that guy.*

After a few more minutes of struggling I finally managed to place my two suitcases safely inside the compartment. I sat down beside him, feeling the energy completely drained out of me. As I stuggled to catch my breath, I saw him staring at me before averting his gaze to something else. I leaned back against the seat's backrest before closing my eyes for a few seconds. Without even knowing why I was doing this, I slowly took a peek, being cautious as to not get caught. I literally felt my insides churn the moment I saw his face.

* Omona~ he's handsome.* I thought to myself, struggling to control my inner fangirl. *Ji Eun, control yourself.* I took in a couple of deep breaths before sitting back up. My eyes suddenly grew wide seeing him hand over a bottle of water towards me.

" Here." He said without looking at me, his face giving out an uninterested expression. " You look winded out." I gingerly took the bottle water from his hands before slightly bowing at him.

"Kamsahamnida." I said before opening the bottle and taking in a few sips. I felt a little bit refreshed and energized feeling the cold water slide down my throat. Gosh, I was so thirsty! Maybe he's not that bad after all. The train suddenly jerked forward making me wobble in my seat, suddenly bumping into him.

"Aish~ Mianhae." I said with an apologetic look on my face. " I didn't mean to."

"No worries. It wasn't your fault. Blame the conductor for suddenly jerking the train forward." he said, his face still showing the same neutral expression like before. I awkwardly nodded my head, taking another swig of the bottled water he gave me earlier. After a few minutes of travelling, I looked outside the window admiring the view of the luscious vegetation surrounding me.

"Yah~ its so beautiful." I chanted to myself, my face filled with awe and amazement. " I should've brought my camera with me."

 

 

Taeyang's POV

I was taking a few shots of the different commuters who boarded the train today before I overheard her saying that caught my attention.

"Yah~ its so beautiful." I heard her say. " I Should've brought my camera with me." wondering what she was gawking about. I swerved myself to the right as I tried to get a look at the window. To be honest the view really was breath-taking but what I saw was even more breath-taking than the scenery outside. I felt my cheeks turn red at the sight of her smiling carelessly towards the scenery outside, the sun bouncing its light towards her face making her innocent beauty shine. I paused for a few minutes, the camera still in my face. Without knowing, my finger grazed the button and pressed it as I took a picture of her, my camera making a clicking sound. I gave out a gulp as she looked at me with a curious look on her face.

"Mwoyo? Did you just took a picture of me?" I heard her ask. I bit my lower lip as I faced towards the old man sleeping infront of me and ignored her as best I can. I felt her gaze as she continued to stare at me, waiting for me to answer back but I resisted. I sighed in relief as I saw her give up and continued gawk at the scenery again.

*Phew that was a close one.* I thought to myself. I brought out my camera again as I reviewed the picture of her that I took. *Man, she really is a beauty. I wonder what her name is.*

An hour has already passed and I could feel myself being slowly eaten by boredom. I ran my fingers through my awesome mo-hawk hair. Yes Awesome as I wanted to take a look at the pictures that I took for today. Suddenly I felt something heavy against my shoulder. I glanced to the right only to find that mystery girl leaning her head against my shoulder. I felt kind bubbly and awkward at the same time the moment I saw that. Bubbly because I find her super adorable doing that and awkward because I don't even know who she is and she's already using me as a pillow. Akward right?

I tried to control myself from smiling as I admired her look when she's sleeping.

"What a cute couple." I heard the ahjumma a few seats away from me say. I gave out a cheeky smile. The ahjumma smiled back as she mouthed "Stay strong Dae?"

I shook my head feeling the awkwardness again, praying to the Gods to give me a way out of this.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've arrived at our destination. Please go out of the train in an orderly fashion in order for you to be accomodated properly. Kamsahamnida." I heard the conductor's dee voice over the speakers. Without wasting any time, I immediately stood up without even trying to warn the girl. I grabbed my huge backpack and dashed my way out of the train without looking back.

 

 

IU's POV

I felt really comfortable for a little since I found a soft and squishy pillow that I can lean against on. I suddenly jolted awake as I slouched down, feeling that pillow disappear. I leaned my hand against the chair, preventing myself from falling. I rubbed my eyes seeing that I was one of the few passengers left on the train. I looked from end to end looking for that mysterious boy again, but found him nowhere. I shrugged my shoulders as I hopped off my seat and grabbed my suitcases.

As I got off the train, a hug suddenly greeted me.

"Omo~.....Ahjumma.....Its really great to see you." I said, hugging the woman who was giving me an uber bearhug right now.

"Ms. Lee. Its so good to see you again. How have you been?" she asked, breaking the hug as she tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

"I'm ahjumma. How about you?" she gave out a laugh.

"Same as always dear." The ahjumma said. She took the suitcases but I suddenly took them from her.

"Aish~ Ahjumma let me."

"No can do dear. I know that your already tired from your trip. Lets go, Ahjussi is waiting by the car already." She said beaming, taking the suitcases away from me again as we both exited the train station.

"Kamsahaminda Ahjumma." I said with a smile. The ahjumma smiled back.

"Your welcome dear. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here." I nodded my head as I happily skipped towards the car. I gave out a happy wave to the ahjussi who was leaning against the black car. He waved back as he gave out a bow.

"Annyeong Ms. Lee." The ahjumma placed my suitcases inside the trunk as she closed it.

"Just go hurry inside first dear. I still need to wait for my nephew inside. Don't worry I won't be long."

"Aish~ take your time Ahjumma. I'm not in a hurry at all." The Ahjumma gave me another soft smile before disappearing inside the train station again. Hmmm, nephew Huh, who could he be?