Vsoo - Picture Perfect

VSOO-PICTURE PERFECT
Please log in to read the full chapter

The night silk sky glimmered with the stars adorned to it - with a full bright moon reflecting its soft white light through her window sill into her dark room. She twirled her fingers into one of her long jet black- strands out of boredom as she stared at the wooden ornate photo frame that contained the portrait of a couple and their 6 year old daughter- all smiling as they stood on the sandy beach. It was a "Picture Perfect Family" indeed.

They would not understand.

Never.

Now, 16 years old Kim Nara wasn't a naïve girl- for sure. Her parents didn't raise her to be one. Even if she came from a "Picture Perfect Family"- with a hardworking and successful stockbroker as a breadwinner- married to a devoting and caring homemaker- with an income that made them members of the economic spectrum of "upper class' people. Her parents were brought up in a decent family unit- that of course, gave importance to education. And they weren't wrong. Nara swore on her blood- she was an academically gifted student; she was always on top of her classes, excellent in various extra cirricular activities like sports and music. "Teacher's Pet" that's what majority of the class called her. But she didn't mind it at all. No wonder, with such an impressive record that she earned the title of the Class President- a cold and solemn reprensentative.

But in truth- Kim Nara thought it all to be a sham in general; propogated by the flawed human society- that she had despised since her mind had learnt how to rationalize. She didn't understand many principles and rules on which society worked. They all existed in nothing but a hypothetical diabolic space- were they existed in theory only- a mere word- when in practical sense, they had no existence at all. The concept of "equality", for example- that had been recognized as a golden virtue for aeons- whilst being the rarest virtue to be "seen" in this corrupted system of humans

In short, they all lived as the members of a hypocrite society.

Including her parents.

For they were- how much she loved them- or they loved her, in their own unique way- the epitome of the same system she had despised discreetly for years now. A lovely sububurn couple, with a big house and a car and all the things that came under the category of "riches"- less than which would make you a man with less dignity; who are those honest lavish couple who threw best parties and get togethers; where people faked laughs and smiles for hours in front of people they shunned to the core, but in secret, of course.

The night sky glimmered and shook- as it refracted from her moist eyes. But it wasn't for the reason she was expected for. But something.... Or someone quite contrary. She was tired. Too tired of this sham. She would have cried her eyes out if she was just a few years young. But not this 16 years- old Kim Nara. She saw enough. She had enough of this.

Suddenly, the door opened swiftly. She didn't have to look back to know who they were.

One of the figures behind her strided softly- her steps elegant as what was expected of her. she sat gracefully beside her. Nara didn't turn to look.

Please log in to read the full chapter