"Myungsoo is real!"

Livid

I saw the way that the guards had treated that patient. They didn’t need to call him a whack-job. God, I hated when they did things like that. The poor guy was obviously not in the right mind, yet here they were, tormenting and mocking the patients. I walked over and checked the room number, 7, I would have to remember that room and check on the patient later. As a doctor in this asylum, I saw things like this all the time, but I wish I wouldn't. I wish that the patients could be treated with more care, which is why I made it a point to visit each and every new patient to try and give them peace of mind, as hard as that sounds like it would be. It just pains my heart to see things like this happen to people who can't defend themselves. I continued to make my rounds, giving my patients their medicines and trying to treat them with our question and answer sessions that would give me an outlook on their statuses.


When I had finished, I walked to room 7 and peered into the door. In the corner of the room sat a man who looked so broken, confused and lost. I felt my heart being pulled towards sympathy. I wanted to help this man, whether the guards mocked him or not, I would make it my mission to help him. I gave one last longing look into the room before I bid farewell to the patient in room 7. I walked to the cabinet full of patient files and searched for room 7's file. I found it and began to flip through, wondering why the patients were labeled by room number instead of name. I was looking through each picture trying to match the figure I saw in the room with the little attached 2x2 picture of the patients.


I had narrowed it down to three patients when a nurse startled me. She had questioned what I was doing with the files and I explained that I was just looking up a certain patient who would be placed in my care shortly. She eyed me suspiciously but then she just walked away, probably to go outside and smoke instead of caring for the patients. It seemed like no one gave a damn about the patients in here, they were always being neglected. I turned my attention back to the files when I heard the door to the main hall click shut. I stared at the three files in front of me. I decided that the newest looking picture was the person I was searching for.


I gazed down at the picture of a young man with chubby cheeks and bright eyes. It looked so different from the current him. I read the name on the sheet of paper. Sungyeol. There was no last name written down. Sungyeol looked like he had gone through hell. Instead of the chubby cheeks, there was a gaunt skeletal look to his face, and instead of bright eyes, his eyes were dead. He looked like a shell of a person. I wondered how the hell such a young man could've ended up here. This asylum was like the last stop before a person was deemed a danger to society and euthanized. I started to read his file, and saw that he was here for livid hallucinations and attacking guards. I wouldn't have blamed him for the attacking the guards, sometimes even I wanted to do that. I would try and visit this Sungyeol later on.


I returned to the asylum the next day and quickly did my morning rounds. I grabbed room 7's file and headed down the hall. I looked into the small porthole-sized window on the door and saw that Sungyeol was lying asleep in his bed. I knocked on the door to announce my presence before I slipped into the room. I shook his shoulder to wake him up. He looked around groggily before he noticed me and he sat up and scooted close to the wall.


"I'm not going to hurt you." I said. "I'm just here to ask you some questions." I sat down in the chair across from his bed and watched as he visibly relaxed from the distance created between us. I looked down at his file. "I see you are here because you have livid hallucinations. Do you want to tell me about them?" I asked him gently, trying not to upset him. He shook his head violently before looking up at me with a tear-streaked face.


"Myungsoo is real." He said. It seemed like he was pleading with me. "Myungsoo is real." he repeated. Weird. He is protesting the existence of someone with the same name as me. I shook my head at the coincidence. "Who is Myungsoo?" I asked him. He looked at me in the eyes, a look of confusion and then happiness filled his face. "You are." he said. "Myungsoo!" he shouted as he got up from the bed and jumped over to me. I didn't know what to do, so I quickly got up and slipped out of the room, shutting the door quickly behind me. I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn't know how that could've turned out. This Sungyeol...he thinks I'm his Myungsoo. He's having hallucinations bad. But it's very odd for him to be having hallucinations about someone with the same name as me.


My mind suddenly had an idea and I ran to the nurses’ station and asked them for the number to the place Sungyeol had some from previously. It rang and rang before I got an answer. "I'm Doctor Kim Myungsoo from the asylum you recently send a patient named Sungyeol to. I was wondering what his last name was, it's missing from the file." I waited as the secretary looked through her files. "It's Lee. Lee Sungyeol." I went deadpan. "Lee Sungyeol? Thank you." I let the phone slip from my fingers as I realized what had happened.


I ran back to room 7 and threw the door open. "Sungyeol!" I shouted. He snapped his head up from where he sat in the corner and smiled. "Myungsoo!" He cried. I knew Sungyeol. "My sweet Sungyeol." I cooed as I pet his hair. What was Sungyeol doing here? The Sungyeol I knew as a child, the boy who was my first love. How could I forget him? "I'm so sorry Sungyeol." I apologized as I cried into his hair. "It's ok Myungsoo." he reassured me. "You're here with me now." I looked up into his eyes and saw that there was brightness in them and I knew I had to get Sungyeol out of here. I put my finger on his lips to shush him and I told him I would return.


I went to the main hall and I called the director of the asylum. "Sir, I believe there is a patient that is ready to leave." I told him. He told me to file some paperwork. I grabbed the papers and filled them out as quickly as I could; I filled out the information for the patient in room 8, who had been in the asylum longer. I knew they wouldn't let my Sungyeol leave. I the papers at the nurse and she looked them over and scoffed. "Huh, room 8 is finally ready to go? Good riddance."


She gave me the approval papers and told me I was free to proceed with the release. I smiled at her before going back to the hall where Sungyeol was waiting. I opened room 7 and had Sungyeol quickly get out and hide in the closet across from his room. I put the patient from room 8 into Sungyeol's room. I put a blanket over Sungyeol's head and quickly led him outside. No one even so much as batted a lash. I unlocked my car and we both got in and I drove like a bat out of hell away from that place.


When we got back into the city, I quickly brought Sungyeol up to my apartment. He just smiled at me and mumbled to himself. I knew that he would still have hallucinations, but I could help him. We changed his clothes and we sat at the table across from each other. "I knew you were real." he told me, with a sweet smile on his face. "But Sungyeol, we haven't seen each other in years." I didn't want to have to break this news to him, but I did anyway. He shook his head at me. "No, I knew where you lived throughout the years, and I followed you. I love you."


I should have been a bit creeped out by the fact he followed me but I wasn't. I thought I had lost him forever after my mother forced us to break up and made me move to Seoul. I wondered how Sungyeol was for years after that...but over time I grew too invested in work because I tried to forget him, and it had almost worked. I took Sungyeol's hands in mine and smiled at him. "And I love you, Lee Sungyeol." I knew that over time, he would come back to the right mind, and we would be together happily. But until then, I would take baby steps.


----------------------
A/N
And they all lived happily ever after~
Guuuh, this is my sequel to “My Myungsoo”
I wasn’t sure how I would write a sequel for it, so I went with Myungsoo’s perspective
Let me know what you think :3