The Red Queen Strikes

Our Happily Ever After

 

“Mhm! I’m Yoona, may I come in?” she said smiling brightly.

 

“Uhm sure,” Eunjung said, leading Yoona into the living room, “can I get you a drink?”

 

“No thanks, I have to leave soon. I just wanted to stop by to meet Taec’s special girl, he’s always talking about you!”

 

“Really?” Eunjung whispered surprisingly.

 

Yoona nodded her head vigorously, “He says you’re a really fun person to hang out with and that you make him happier than anyone else ever has. I’m a bit jealous of him actually, you sound like you could be a really great friend.”

 

Eunjung laughed, “thanks.”

 

“Anyways, I have some business to attend to in about 20 minutes, do you think we could hang out tomorrow at say…3pm at the coffee shop on the corner? Just a girl bonding day you know! I haven’t had many of those ever since I left Korea. It was stupid…I never should have left.”

 

“It’s okay, you’re back now, and I’d definitely like to hang out tomorrow,” Eunjung smiled.

 

Yoona left and Eunjung noticed that her heart didn’t feel as heavy anymore.

 

It turns out that Yoona really just was a friend, and a very sweet one from what Eunjung picked up from her visit.

 

+

 

“Last meeting, right?”

 

“I promise I won’t be calling and bothering you ever again.”

 

“Fine, what do you want?”

 

 “I just wanted to see you one last time before we break all ties, you know, old habits break hard.”

 

“One hour, that’s all the time I’m giving you.”

 

Yoona checked her watch, 2:25pm, “that’s all I need.”

 

+

 

She got off the bus and walked into the coffee shop, scanning the room before seeing Yoona sitting at a table in the corner with Taec.

 

Eunjung knit her brows, a bit confused because she specifically remembered that Yoona had wanted a girls only outing.

 

Sensing Eunjung’s confusion, Yoona gave her a smile before leaning across the table and pulling Taec into a kiss.

 

From there, everything happened in a matter of seconds.

 

The first second, Eunjung just stared, too surprised to move, speak, or even breathe.

 

The second second she choked back a sob.

 

The third second she felt tears sliding down her cheek.

 

The fourth second she her heel ready to run.

 

In four seconds Eunjung saw the only love she ever had slip from her grasp.

 

But in just one second alone, Taec found a new goal in his life.

 

In that fifth second when Eunjung had just made it out the door, Taec pushed Yoona off of him and turned around and right then, he knew what he had to do; he had to make things right with her, he didn’t know when or how, but he’d make it happen. He had to.  

 

+

 

“Eunjung, I can explain, please.”

 

She tore her wrist away from his grip, “don’t touch me, don’t speak to me, don’t even look at me” she seethed before running off.

 

The pounding of her steps on the pavement fading to the soft clicks of her heels before she fell, sinking to the ground.

 

Trying to catch her breath all that could escape were gasps and troubled breathing.

 

She rubbed at her eyes, dismissing the sting caused by her tears.

 

“Pabo, why did you let him hurt you…”

 

+

 

He let her run.

 

Collect her thoughts, give her the time she needed to make sense of this whether it be in his favor or not.

 

He owed this much to her; to not touch her, speak to her, or even look at her. 

 

What was he thinking running around with Yoona and neglecting the only person who even mattered to him, who held his whole life together.

 

“Pabo, why did you hurt her like that…”

 

-x-

A/N: I apologize for the shorter chapters but it's the only way I can update in a somewhat timely manner seeing as how AP's are coming and my teachers are pounding in last minute review (or in terms of my APUSH class, new info TT_TT) and I have my non AP classes throwing tests at me at frightening rates so yeah. Sorry for the lack in fic length and quality -huhuhuhu- ):