Final

Never Again

Woozi is terrified.

Just a couple hours before, they had been lying on Wonwoo's bed watching a horror movie. Woozi was usually okay with movies like that, so when Wonwoo suggested for them to watch the second movie in the centipede series, he didn't think much of it before agreeing. He had survived the first movie, he was sure he could survive this one.

Little did he know that the second installation of the seriously messed up series was far worse. The lack of proper medical training of the mentally disturbed man and the sheer number of victims he had killed were enough to make him feel squeamish, but the worst part for him was the scenes with the centipede during feeding time. Why, oh why did they have to make something so natural - it's just a small creature, Woozi, and it needs to eat, too - looked so scary and disgusting. The sound effects definitely didn't help either, and by the second time the main character fed his pet centipede, Woozi was this close to punching the laptop shut.

He had planned to spend the weekend with Wonwoo, and they quickly dimissed the idea of going out and opted for a quick dinner and movie time at Wonwoo's apartment. And now here he is, trying to get the image of the centipede out of his mind and will himself to sleep, but the more he closes his eyes the more vivid it becomes. Wonwoo, on the other side of the bed, looks pretty calm while scrolling on his phone.

He's tired, so for the umpteenth time he changes his position and actually manages to shut his brain off. That doesn't last long as a few moment later he jolts awake, sitting straight on the bed, skin clammy, breaths ragged, and it takes him a while to notice the presence of familiar warmth rubbing his back and a deep voice calling his name.

"Deep breaths, Uji. That's it. You're okay, baby. I'm right here. You're safe."

He doesn't even realize that he's been crying and shaking. He feels Wonwoo's fingers wiping his cheeks and with his other hand continues rubbing the smaller man's back and arm. A few more deep breaths and he can feel himself relaxing, and he turns his face towards Wonwoo's worried expression.

"Sorry, nightmare."

Worry quickly turns to relief, and he can see the other man smiles. "It's okay, baby. Let me get you some water, then we can both go to sleep."

At the thought of being left alone, Woozi starts to panic and quickly grabs Wonwoo's wrist. "Don't leave me, Won."

He hears the other man chuckles. "Do you wanna come with me? I can make you hot chocolate."

A cup of instant hot chocolate later, they are both bundled up in bed, facing each other with hands intertwined between them. It's warm and cozy and Woozi feels himself slipping into slumber, when he hears the low amused voice of his boyfriend. "Did you dream about those centipedes?"

Woozi doesn't even feel sorry for kicking Wonwoo out of his own bed. He figures, if the other man can laugh as loud as he is right now then he should be fine sleeping on the floor, too.

He swears, never again will he let Wonwoo choose the movies.