Chapter 2: Mini Flower Bouquet

Between Life and Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As I entered the class, I took my seat, glancing at the one beside me, only to find it empty. Where on earth was Jiyeon? Didn't she mention she was heading to class when I meet her earlier? 

 

Dialing her number, I hoped for an answer, but the ringing echoed into silence. Why didn't she pick up my call? Was she still upset with me? 'Jiyeon-ah, where are you? Class is about to start. About earlier... alright, I'm in. Let's do that competition together,' I typed out, sending the message into the digital abyss.

 

While waiting for her response, I noticed something peculiar inside her desk drawer and curiosity led me to peek into it. Wow! There were lots of mini flower bouquets in Jiyeon's drawer. It must be from her male admirers, no doubt. With her bubbly personality, Jiyeon attracted plenty of attention, unlike me, who struggled with socializing.

 

Yet, the memory of her teary eyes from earlier lingered, casting a shadow over my thoughts. Could what I saw be real? Was she crying... for the first time? And that because of me refused to join the singing competition with her? She has many friends, why didn't she ask them instead?

 

A sudden ping from my phone broke the chain of my ruminations. Jiyeon's reply popped up on my phone screen: 'Really? Are you serious? You're not kidding me right?! Yay!! This is why I love you!' Relief washed over me like a gentle tide. Jiyeon didn't seem mad anymore.

 

Moments later, her radiant presence graced the threshold of the classroom, her smile illuminating the room with its warmth. In response, I couldn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter