Chapter 1

heaven-sent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Kim Yongsun, having Moon Byulyi as her guardian angel is quite frankly ... questionable.

 

When Byul first introduced herself to her, Yongsun thought there must have been some kind of mistake. Surely, this flirty, greasy creature was no angel? Much less, supposedly, the angel that complemented her best?

 

Just like most other people, Yongsun grew up learning about how once you turn twenty-years old, you get a guardian angel. These angels varied in gender, race, age, personality, everything. And they were meant to be the best fit for the human they end up becoming paired with, bound to them until the end of their lifetimes, and even still involved with them when they journey to the afterlife.

 

As a child, Yongsun had been so excited about it. She mostly viewed her guardian angel as someone like a best friend. Yongsun had been a shy and chubby kid, neither having the disposition to assert herself against bullies or put herself out there and make friends. She had clung to the idea of a guardian angel who was never going to judge her and make her feel lonely.

 

As she grew older, she gained more confidence and had better relationships with other people, somewhat soothing the need for a guardian angel. Yongsun just became mostly curious about it. She had seen her parent's guardian angels, of course, and her older sister had gotten hers before she did. They all seemed to get along well enough and Yongsun knew that Yonghee had really depended on her guardian angel when she went to study abroad, far away from her family.

 

Just walking around, Yongsun would see people out and about with their angels. Some would have female angels, truly beautiful and ethereal ones that gave out a kind, big sister, energy. Others would have male angels who would look inconspicuous but had more strength in their tiny finger than anyone. The first time Yongsun saw a male angel assisting his human with moving houses, her eyes had widened comically at seeing the angel carry up to ten boxes, on each hand!

 

It might seem like angels were around to just assist their humans, even in simple affairs, but the truth was that every angel directed their human to a path leading to something. It wouldn't be evident, not even to their angel, until the time finally came to witness what has been planned coming into fruition. Yongsun's own parents had met because of their angels, and they always said that their paths lead to Yonghee and Yongsun. It had made her tear up the first time she heard about it, feeling overwhelming gratitude for her parents and their guardian angels.

 

While guardian angels accompanied their humans for the entire duration of their lifetime, they weren't required to be by their side at all times. It's usually a personal choice. Younger adults preferred their angels nearby, but older people, who had already settled down to have families, would usually not see their angels as often.

 

They would still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter