End

My Comfort Zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana never thought that her mood could change so drastically.

A few moments ago, she was laughing with friends while eating at a restaurant with her boyfriend, the next moment she got a call hearing that her little sister was in the hospital.

 

She quickly gathered her things and was glad that Seungmin was driving because she couldn't concentrate on anything other than her sister.

 

She can't believe that Mina got into a car accident. Sana talked to her a few hours before.

 

Mina was telling her how she and her girlfriend Jihyo are planning on moving in together.

Mina sounded so happy and now hearing how she got hurt, made Sana furious, sad, and worried.

 

Half an hour later they finally reached the hospital. Before Sana could even ask someone about her sister's condition she was met by her parents

 

"Sana-ah"

She quickly rushed to them and was embraced in a tight hug

 

"She will be fine. Don't worry"

Her father whispered

 

"What happened?"

Sana then asked, following her parents to Mina's room

 

"She was driving over to our house because she wanted to pack a few things she wanted to take to the new apartment. On the way, a ball went on the road with two kids right after. Mina must have turned her wheel that she missed them but instead drove into a tree"

Ms. Minatozaki explained but had to take a break, tears coming out again.

 

Her father sighed and continued

 

"She is in a coma but the doctors say she will survive"

Sana could breathe in relief.

 

"Did you call Jihyo?"

She then asked

 

"She is on her way"

When they reached the room, Sana gasped when she saw how pale her sister looked.

 

She looked so helpless. She couldn't help the tears leaving her eyes. Seungmin quickly went to her, embracing her and whispering sweet nothings, wanting Sana not to think the worst.

 

In between the doctor got to them and explained Mina's condition and what happened after the accident.

When she calmed down, she walked inside and sat next to the bed her sister was lying on.

 

She put one of her hands on top of Mina's, a shiver running through her spine by how cold she was.

 

"You had to cause trouble again hm? Guess I have to call you a hero from now on. The kids are safe thanks to you. Sleep a little and regain new strength. We are waiting here for you to wake up"

She then said to her sister, having heard that people in a coma can still hear everything.

 

She continued to talk to Mina until Jihyo arrived. She went to the girl to hug her. She tried to hold her tears back while Jihyo was crying.

 

She wanted to be there for the girl.

 

Mina and Jihyo have been together for four years and Sana always believed that they will stay together until they die.

Mina even talked about marriage but said she wanted to wait until they finished their studies.

 

"She will be okay Jihyo"

Sana then whispered.

 

The two pulled away and Jihyo was embraced by her future parents-in-law as well.

They told her what happened and let her take the seat next to Mina.

 

Sana smiled sadly when she saw Jihyo looking at Mina like this. She would hate it if she was in her place and saw Dahy-Seungmin like this.

 

She blinked a few times, confused with her thoughts.

 

"Sana-chan"

She then turned around and tears built in her eyes again when she saw her best friend Dahyun standing there.

 

She rushed to the younger girl and hugged her tightly. Dahyun calmed her down by caressing her hair and telling her that everything would be fine.

 

"How did you know?"

Sana then asked after pulling away and wiping her tears away

 

"Your parents called me. How is she?"

Dahyun then asked.

 

Sana and Dahyun walked out of the room to get everyone something to drink while Sana was telling her best friend what happened.

 

"She is strong"

 

"I know but the accident doesn't only affect Minari. Have you seen Jihyo?"

Dahyun sighed and nodded

 

"It must be awful to see someone you love hurt like this"

She said.

 

Sana locked eyes with her and nodded

 

"Yeah, she really loves her"

When they got everything they walked back to the room.

 

"Sana, can I talk to you for a moment?"

Seungmin then asked.

 

The two got outside

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I don't want to be disrespectful but I have practice and I think it would be better if it's only family right now"

Sana could understand him but was a bit confused when he emphasized the word family like this

 

"Jihyo is her family"

 

"I know, I was talking about Dahyun. Isn't it weird that your parents called her?"

Sana was now even more confused.

 

She knows that Seungmin and Dahyun are not really on good terms for whatever reason but she didn't think he would say something like this while her sister was lying in the room

 

"Dahyun is part of our family too. She has known Mina since they were in diapers"

 

"I didn't mean it in a wrong way. I just think it's a little weird that your parents treat her more like your girlfriend than me"

 

"What are you talking about?"

She then asked in a louder tone, not getting why he had to say something like this right now when her sister should be the focus right now

 

"Everything okay?"

Dahyun then asked getting out of the room. Seungmin chuckled, shaking his head, and pointed his hand at Dahyun

 

"See. I can't even talk with you alone"

He then said and went through his hair.

 

Sana didn't understand why he was so frustrated

 

"I don't want to fight. I call you later"

He then leaned in to peck her cheek before going.

 

Sana looked after him, not sure what happened

 

"Did you two fight?"

Sana sighed and turned to her best friend, sending her a small smile

 

"I don't know but my only focus is Mina right now"

They then went back inside the room and Sana told them that Seungmin had to leave.

 

The Minatozakis stayed there for a little while, making sure that everything was settled and comfortable for Mina when she woke up.

 

Her parents asked them to come over for dinner, but Sana could see that Jihyo wasn't able to do anything right now, so she told them that they would eat together tomorrow.

 

 

 

Luckily Dahyun had her car with her, so they could drive Jihyo home. When it was just the two of them, Sana was unusually quiet and Dahyun started to worry

 

"I thought it got better between the two of you"

Dahyun then said.

 

She couldn't stop thinking about what happened. It was obvious that Sana and Seungmin were fighting and she didn't want her best friend to go through something like that while her sister just got into an accident

 

"I thought so too. I don't know what's got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter