You're Still My No. 1

No More Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Haechan peeks behind the tree that was keeping him hidden from the students on the parking ground. His curls peeping slightly.

If you wonder what he's doing, he's just spying on Mark Lee... again. Well, this has been his hobby ever since the guy broke up with him. It's not like he has anything better to do. For Haechan, watching the older is the best thing in this world.

Mark was standing by his car, laughing with his best friend Jeno. Every students who passed the two greets them with reverence. They return the greetings with smiles as well, although he's sure that if he's the one to say 'hi', only Jeno will notice him. Mark will most probably ignore him.

There are times he gets annoyed at himself with how stupid he had become. But he had the best time of his life with Mark Lee. He was very happy with him and giving him up means letting go of that happiness.

"What a creep, always following oppa around." He heard someone's whisper from behind him.

Fxkk he was caught.

Haechan turned around and saw Min Jeong with her best friend, Jimin, they both eye him as if he's the most disgusting person on the planet.

"Do you know who else lurks around the corner like that? Psychopaths. They tend to follow people and ends up doing some gross stuffs." Min Jeong mocked, her eyes were sharp.

"And adding the fact that you're gay makes everything creepier." Jimin chuckled after. "Eww."

Haechan can only look down on his shoes while the two girls cracked in a boisterous laugh.

"Mark oppa!" Min Jeong called after a while.

Haechan wanted to run away but even before he does, Jimin already blocked his way with her hands.

"Someone's watching you from afar!" Min Jeong yelled, her voice sounded so sultry. The nerve!

She then yanked Haechan's collar and forced him to turn to Mark and Jeno.

"This creep's been watching you!" She laughed once again. "Seriously, dork, wipe the drool off your mouth. You look disgusting."

Haechan didn't lift his head out of embarrassment but his eyes followed Mark. He saw how his smile faded and a look of annoyance replaced them.

"Min Jeong, Jimin, just let him go. He's not pestering us anyway." Jeno told the two.

Haechan doesn't know whether Lee Jeno is just characteristically nice or he's just doing it out of pity. But at least he never showed him any signs of contempt.

"Not pestering? He's a creep who always follow you guys around." Jimin reasoned out. It's a well known fact that she's into Jeno. "Who knows what he'll do the next time?"

Mark shook a head and eyed Haechan with disgust. "I hate repeating myself every fxcking time. Why do you keep following me around? Leave me alone." That and he walked away.

"Hmm, you scared him off."

"How miserable."

The two girls jeered at him for the last time before they let him be as well.

Haechan was left with a pool of tears in his eyes. He doesn't want to be labeled as a stalker or a creep if he has any other choice. But what else can he do? He loves Mark Lee to bits. He can't let go of him without breaking his poor soul.

--

"Poor kid. He looks so fragile."

"Don't concern yourself with that menace. He's a lot stronger than you think."

"But I still think humiliating him was a bit uncalled for."

Mark groaned and threw a glance at his friend. "He needs his lesson. Without getting humiliated, he'll just get back on following me around. I already told him once, we're done and I don't want to talk to him anymore. I don't like repeating myself."

Jeno laughed but it was tainted with sarcasm. "Can you be a bit nicer though? After all, he is your ex-boyfriend."

"A thing no one needs to know." Mark quickened his pace, his footsteps were heavy as if he's gonna throw a tantrum anytime soon. "If you're so concerned about that boy then why don't you go back and attend to his needs? He easily latches on people, I'm sure he'd never let you go once you talk to him. Let's see if you can live your life with him all the time."

"Wow. Heartless." Jeno mocked and Mark can only shake a head.

--

The next day, Haechan prepared chocolate chip cookies. He knew that Mark likes it. Although he needed to save up some lunch money just to complete the ingredients because heck-prices of foods have been increasing a lot lately.

He needs to show that stalking isn't the only thing he's good at. This is why, he's doubling his effort, trying his best to get Mark back.

He learned how to bake from the orphanage when he was ten. There was a nice noona who lets him watch whenever she bakes. But as he grew older, he realized that the place was corrupted. It was used as a cover-up of dirty local politicians, fronting innocent kids to run their business.

A faint smile painted his lips at the memory. Until now, whenever he thinks of the orphanage back in Jeju, it still has an effect on him. It makes him both sad and happy.

'I wish you're here with me Jaemin-ah.' His mind whispered. Jaemin was his best friend, they are like real siblings. He was the only one who actually gave importance to him before Mark Lee did. He was an orphan too, but Jaemin found parents and Haechan never did.

"Haechan!"

From packing the cookies, his back straightened upon hearing the call of the old woman in the living room. The one who often say that his name fits him perfectly because just like the sun 'he hurts her eyes'.

"Yes ahjumma, I'll be right there." He ran fast to the owner of the voice, not wanting to upset her.

"What are you still doing here? Don't you have classes? If you don't have classes then do the laundry! Are you here to slack off?"

"I-I have classes ahjumma, I'm just-"

"Then get going! Don't slack anymore! Once the school is finish, go straight home and help me with the diner."

"Okay-"

"Shut the hell up."

Haechan just nodded and stayed quiet. He headed for the shower and changed to his uniform, only grabbing two loaves of bread on the way out of the house.

The old woman he's living with isn't actually a foster family. He ran away from the orphanage when he was thirteen, rode two ferries and a train and it brought him here in Seoul.

It was winter, the night of the first snow when he arrived. He spent days wandering the streets and Haechan - with empty stomach and light clothes felt like he was drifting away from life.

Hoping that someone would take pity and give him foods, he stopped outside a small diner. Lee Nayoung, the ahjumma he's living with, saw him outside. She was very furious that night, nagged about how does he expect her to take care of him when she's struggling herself.

Please log in to read the full chapter