Chapter 1

You Better Be Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

"An outsider like you and your sister can't join the academy ball. Unless you have a sponsor, in which case a legacy student invites you to be their plus 1",  said the frog looking student haughtily towards her.

"For goodness sake, it's supposed to be an 'Academy Ball', why do we even need an invitation? We're all students here like you", Joy said.

 The frog looking girl and her posh laughed mockingly.

"This is an exclusive ball meant for legacies. The rule stands that students from your kind can only be given the special privilege to join when you are invited by a legacy student. No invitation, no ball."

"What kind of ing rule is that? Who the h*ll even made this discriminating rule?", Joy can't help but react and cuss.

The clique in front of her gasped together with other students who have heard her. 

"This is exactly why we don't accept your kind. You don't act with class and you have no manners. This ball is a respectable part of our school tradition, we have no use for savages like you and your sister."

Joy can barely contain her anger. She can take all their insults but she won't let them look down on her step-sister. She promised her dad she will do her best to make Yeri comfortable in her new school. 

Just as she was about to grab the frog looking student, someone spoke from behind.

"I'll invite her. If she accept she can take her sister as plus one right?"

Everyone'd attention fell to the student who spoke from behind Joy. 

She was wearing a hoodie and a mask. 

"And who are you? Are you even a legacy?", asked the frog looking student.

Rather than answering the student's question, the student took out a golden letter with a fancy engraving of the school seal. She handed it to Joy who was too astonished to react.

"Will this be enough?", asked the student in a hoodie.

"A go-golden letter....W-why do you have it? Who are you?!!" the frog looking student stuttered, as she looked fearfully at the stranger with the golden letter.

"It's none of your business... So can I invite you to go the ball

Please log in to read the full chapter